Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melanie maritz

Wow that's so unbelievably awesome! Congratulations on your new voice :)
  •  

lovelyjmi

Thanks a lot!! It went up a bit more this morning!! I'm soooo loving this <3!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 14, 2014, 12:29:52 PM
Thanks a lot!! It went up a bit more this morning!! I'm soooo loving this <3!

Listened to your last video and OMG what a darling perky little woman you are, love your personality and the voice is just great!
  •  

anjaq

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 12, 2014, 10:55:25 PM
Actually in the first one, that's really my original original voice. They told me to just speak how I originally did, so I just kinda let it go! :) I also had vocal tremors and one other issue with my vocal chords not closing completely at the top as I spoke, thus leading me to run out of breath really quickly, so it affected the way I used to speak too!
Ah - yes of course in that case you can of course make the voice sound really bad, so the contrast is higher. I wish they would make 3 recordings. Original, pre op everyday voice and then post op.
I think ALL here have vocal tremors and that little gap at the top/back. Maybe it has to do with speaking in a different voice, with hormones - who knows

[quoteI'm still learning my balance though (obviously as it's just a month and a half) but I'm starting to understand how this new voice works now after some experimenting all day! [/quote]
What is so differently?

•  

lovelyjmi

Thanks Shantel!!! <3

And Anjaq, what I mean by them telling me to do my original voice, is not using my "trained" voice. The one where I sqweez my vocal chords. Because that, is not natural. My original voice was natural. So yea the contrast is big, but it's also real. And they want to show people what they can do to fix your natural voice. Not your trained one.

The difference is actually quite interesting. It's hard to explain with words, but in what I've learned on my own, you need to teach yourself to speak from the throat, and not from the chest. If you speak from the chest after surgery, which will happen because it is a habit from the male voice, it'll come out sounding weird and sound like a woman trying to speak like a guy (think Japanese anime where actresses do boy voices). But if you speak from the throat, and make it more breathy and sing songy, it comes out as very feminine. Likewise, if I had done the throat talking with the male voice, it would be very falsetto and weird sounding. It's kind of inverted now. Really, it's all about re-training your brain as Dr. Kim says.
  •  

lovelyjmi

Peppyness has returned! Questions answered in more detail and in VIDEO! :O

•  

Shantel

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 15, 2014, 08:55:25 AM

Hahaha love it you goofy girl! You sound like one of the perky teenage girls next door. You should consider theater with that outgoing personality sweetie!
  •  

lovelyjmi

hahahahaha... why thank you!! Not bad for a 30 year old eh? lolll I do work in entertainment of sorts! I'm a music producer, and I do bits of voice acting here and there in music. I shall take note of your suggestion tho hahaha....
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 15, 2014, 10:06:39 AM
hahahahaha... why thank you!! Not bad for a 30 year old eh? lolll I do work in entertainment of sorts! I'm a music producer, and I do bits of voice acting here and there in music. I shall take note of your suggestion tho hahaha....

You should, you have talent and you're good!
  •  

lovelyjmi

Why thank you!! You're so sweet! Wait till you hear my Yeson interview.... hahaha....omg... I warned them I'd be having fun with it versus just sitting in front of my phone!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 15, 2014, 10:38:26 AM
Why thank you!! You're so sweet! Wait till you hear my Yeson interview.... hahaha....omg... I warned them I'd be having fun with it versus just sitting in front of my phone!

Can't wait, you've got my attention cute pie!
  •  

Wynternight

J-mi - can you describe how you felt when you woke up from the procedure? Was there much in the way of pain? Was it hard to swallow? How long before you could eat and drink again?

Do you dream of the Rainbow Passage?
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

lovelyjmi

Ohhh .. when I woke up, funny story, I almost screamed. Or at least tried too. I also felt the need to cough, but, not so much pain other than maybeeeeeee ... a bit of a bruise type sensation. But yes, tried to scream, and Jessie kinda just grabbed my arm and said nooooo .. don't don't don't!! And I calmed down quick! I think I was just a little shocked when I woke up because I knew I wasn't supposed to talk....

As for eating, eating was pretty easy. First day was liquid things, next day was back to normal things! And I ate with no problem! Honestly, I think I pigged out a bit much too... put on a couple of pounds hahaha... The food is AWESOME!! Though I miss not eating spicey food :(! I can't till next month.... U_U!

Do I dream of it? I hope not! I say it everyday! hahaha ... it's gotten to be a hilarious jokey thing for me now. Husband thinks I've gone mad whenever I randomly spout it out!

If you got more questions, ask away! :)
  •  

Wynternight

Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

lovelyjmi

Absolutely!! Anytime :)! <3 I'm here for you guys!! <3
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 15, 2014, 08:55:25 AM

Perfect. xxx
You can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy

Full time: Early 2013
HRT: 10/06/2012 Richard Curtis - London
FFS: 05/04/2013 FacialTeam - Marbella
FFS2: 03/02/2015 FacialTeam - Marbella
GCS: 08/04/2014 Dr Phil Thomas - Brighton
VFS: 25/06/2014 Yeson - Seoul Korea
BA/FFS3: 18/04/2016 Ocean Clinic - Marbella
  •  

ImagineKate

I saw someone say "camera up the nose" is that uncomfortable? How much so?
  •  

lovelyjmi

How is it not? LOL ... It's just weird.. they spray stuff in your nose to freeze everything, stick a tube in your nose, then extend the camera down it and to your vocal chords! It feels just weird haha .. no otherway to describe it! :D
  •  

ImagineKate

Can't be worse than getting tear gassed, something I've experienced more than a few times.  :police:
  •