News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teslagirl

Quote from: ReDucks on July 10, 2015, 07:51:07 PM
I did, no problems at all.  They use the old fashioned carbon paper imprint device (just fyi).  Make sure to tell your card company that you will be in South Korea so they don't block the charge.

Thanks for the answer. It certainly beats taking the cash out using my credit card, transferring it to my current account, paying it to a foreign currency company and having them transfer it to Yeson. It's cheaper as well, as transactions are not as expensive as using a card to get cash.

Sarah.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Teslagirl on July 12, 2015, 02:14:48 PM
Thanks for the answer. It certainly beats taking the cash out using my credit card, transferring it to my current account, paying it to a foreign currency company and having them transfer it to Yeson. It's cheaper as well, as transactions are not as expensive as using a card to get cash.

Sarah.

Here in S. Korea, we seldom use cash. Most people pay by credit cards. Also, I use my credit cards to pay transport fee such as subway, taxi (cab) and public bus, but the cards should have a special chip for that purpose. However, small-scale stores and restaurants prefer cash, as they can save tax. As I posted before, Amex is a standard credit card here like Visa and Master. You can pay taxi fee by credit card, but not bus or subway fee.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

iKate

Quote from: barbie on July 12, 2015, 03:05:47 PM
You can pay taxi fee by credit card, but not bus or subway fee.

That really puzzled me. I used a cashbee reloadable card. The reload machines in the train stations, despite being sophisticated, only took cash. It was kind of annoying because I was using my Won notes to haggle with and get discounts from the market sellers and now I had to spend it on subway fare.

In New York I can reload my metrocard with a credit card. In fact, they have some machines that only take credit and ATM cards.

And yes, I was able to use my Amex everywhere. This saved me the foreign transaction fee as it is waived for my card. My mom used Discover as it was accepted everywhere that accepts Diner's Club or JCB. Also no fee.
  •  

Sunhawk

Quote from: Teslagirl on July 10, 2015, 02:59:29 PM
Can I ask if anyone here paid the Yeson surgery fee by Mastercard or Visa on the day of the consultation? I'm thinking of doing this if Jessie replies to say it will be OK.

Thanks,

Sarah

I used my Visa for the first big amount and my Discover for the cost of the Botox.
The road I travel has no end and every step takes me further from my home.
  •  

Teslagirl

Does anyone know how much the taxi fare from Yeson to Phil House is? I'm trying to decide which of my two booked hotels to cancel... Oh and also, can you get the direct airport bus back to Incheon anywhere near Phil House?

Thank you,

Cathy (for Sarah)
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Teslagirl on July 17, 2015, 03:55:15 AM
Does anyone know how much the taxi fare from Yeson to Phil House is? I'm trying to decide which of my two booked hotels to cancel... Oh and also, can you get the direct airport bus back to Incheon anywhere near Phil House?

Hi Teslagirl,

I think Anja said it was about about 6 Euro (so about 7500 won). International Taxi speaks English I think. You can reserve them online, too.

There is also Uber in Seoul I believe.

I didn't bother with a taxi. I took the Subway to Apgujeong Rodeo station and walked a bit.

Taxis from Yeson can be a bit problematic as Jessie said they aren't allowed to stop in front of the building so you have to go across the street.

As for the airport I took the train again. I actually took the all stop train and not AREX which is the express train.

The bus info is here:
http://asiaenglish.visitkorea.or.kr/ena/GK/GK_EN_2_2_2_3.jsp
  •  

svaso

I stayed about 3/4's of a mile at the LaCasa(great hotel btw)and hoofed it on each visit. Even walked back to my hotel the evening after my surgery. I loved walking the streets in Seoul, but cars, mopeds and pedestrians all seem to share the side streets. It's amazing I didn't get run over.  :P

On a side note...See if your hotel has a humidifier available to use. Mine did, and I feel it's beneficial to the healing.
Stacy
  •  

iKate

The streets were indeed nice to walk. I wish I had stayed closer but I had a good time at Phil House. I was glad I had the washing machine to do laundry too as I only had one piece of laundry to do when I came back.
  •  

anjaq

We used taxi only once, after surgery. Otherwise we just took the subway. I was still half out, so my friend paid the taxi, I believe it was about 10000 won maybe. For me it was totally worth it for two people and saving me the effort to change subways and all that while still feeling shaky. We did not order a taxi at Yeson, just went down to the street and waited a minute until a free taxi came by. It did just stop at the street in front of Yeson and we got in quickly and showed the driver the Phil house business card. Easy enough to do while still half sleeping

I seem to be one of few who did not take the anaesthesia that easy though. Most seem to be totally fit at the time of discharge

•  

Dena

Quote from: anjaq on July 19, 2015, 04:17:47 PM
We used taxi only once, after surgery. Otherwise we just took the subway. I was still half out, so my friend paid the taxi, I believe it was about 10000 won maybe. For me it was totally worth it for two people and saving me the effort to change subways and all that while still feeling shaky. We did not order a taxi at Yeson, just went down to the street and waited a minute until a free taxi came by. It did just stop at the street in front of Yeson and we got in quickly and showed the driver the Phil house business card. Easy enough to do while still half sleeping

I seem to be one of few who did not take the anaesthesia that easy though. Most seem to be totally fit at the time of discharge
I agree with what you say about the anesthesia. I am glad I had a hospital room because that stuff hung on for several hours after i woke up. I was all right as long as I was still but once I started moving around I had to move slow and be careful where I placed my feet.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

kwala

Quote from: Dena on July 19, 2015, 04:37:37 PM
I agree with what you say about the anesthesia. I am glad I had a hospital room because that stuff hung on for several hours after i woke up. I was all right as long as I was still but once I started moving around I had to move slow and be careful where I placed my feet.
Question for you gals, were you so loopy after the anesthesia that you forgot to be silent or not cough?  Sounds silly but it's something I've worried about :)
  •  

Dena

Quote from: kwala on July 19, 2015, 06:02:10 PM
Question for you gals, were you so loopy after the anesthesia that you forgot to be silent or not cough?  Sounds silly but it's something I've worried about :)
Some coughing is going to happen no matter what. I had a load to get rid of when I woke up from surgery but I did it gently and no damage was done. Dr Haben said mistake are going to happen but try to control it the best you can. I worked on it for a week before surgery so I had some idea how to control coughs without doing any damage.
For me it was mostly balance. My inter ear is somewhat sensitive to that and I need to move carefully when dealing with drugs like that or ear infections. With Dr Haben the real scare is a coughing fit. That's why he gives you codeine medication. That stuff also puts me to sleep so I am reserving it incase I should catch a bug that might damage Dr Haben's. The most effective solution I have found is ice water with a straw in it. The straw reduces you intake and allows the water to warm a bit in you mouth before it cools the source of the irritation. Only problem with this solution is I am making a bunch of trips to the bathroom. I think in the hospital I produce over a gallon of water the first day (they measured me).
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

kwala

Quote from: Dena on July 19, 2015, 06:30:52 PM
Some coughing is going to happen no matter what. I had a load to get rid of when I woke up from surgery but I did it gently and no damage was done. Dr Haben said mistake are going to happen but try to control it the best you can. I worked on it for a week before surgery so I had some idea how to control coughs without doing any damage.
For me it was mostly balance. My inter ear is somewhat sensitive to that and I need to move carefully when dealing with drugs like that or ear infections. With Dr Haben the real scare is a coughing fit. That's why he gives you codeine medication. That stuff also puts me to sleep so I am reserving it incase I should catch a bug that might damage Dr Haben's. The most effective solution I have found is ice water with a straw in it. The straw reduces you intake and allows the water to warm a bit in you mouth before it cools the source of the irritation. Only problem with this solution is I am making a bunch of trips to the bathroom. I think in the hospital I produce over a gallon of water the first day (they measured me).
Very helpful, thanks!
  •  

iKate

I have no idea what happened when I woke up but I don't recall coughing. Over the 7 days I coughed maybe twice and it was very gentle. I did my best and the synatura helped a lot.

I took anesthesia pretty well. I was weak for a few hours but I was able to walk and get the subway after that. I did sleep soundly over the next couple days though. My mom said maybe she needed some because she has insomnia. Lol.
  •  

anjaq

I coughed until I was blue during anaesthesia-wakup. So I was not even aware yet but already coughed massively. So yes, it can happen. There is little you can do about it though. After I woke up, I was very careful and managed to cough very rarely and silently. I also managed not to sneeze.
I drank a lot of water - really a lot. Luckily in Seoul, every subway station has free and reasonably clean public restrooms.
I think maybe it is my age, but I was still not quite fit when I was discharged at 17:00 from yeson. I was at that point wishing I could have stayed 2 hours longer. So thats why I took the taxi (and seriously - I just spent $7500 on a surgery, I did not care if the taxi costs $10 more than the subway to bring me to my bed without walking and standing around in crowded subways and stations ;) ). Another reason may be that I had a surgery with anaesthesia just 7 weeks before, so maybe that was the combination...

•  

iKate

We bought several two litre bottles of water. It came in handy. Unfortunately we had to leave a couple of bottles behind because we bought too much.

The fridge came in handy as I like my water ice cold and it helped when my throat was a bit irritated. That helped a LOT with not coughing.
  •  

Dana88

Quote from: iKate on July 20, 2015, 08:57:01 AM
We bought several two litre bottles of water. It came in handy. Unfortunately we had to leave a couple of bottles behind because we bought too much.

The fridge came in handy as I like my water ice cold and it helped when my throat was a bit irritated. That helped a LOT with not coughing.

Agreed. I just got back from Seoul on Saturday. The hotel I was at was right by a 7/11. Every morning when my brother and I left the hotel we'd stop in and I'd get a two liter bottle of water, and every night on our way back I'd stop in and get another. One and a half weeks in and I've managed to only cough twice. Not clearing my throat has been a little more difficult but whenever I've done it I've done it lightly. But I found with the meds they give you, plus the water, half the time I'd just breathe up whatever was stuck in my chest without effort.
~Dana
  •  

Mariah

Topic split into topic 2.0
This topic is retired and locked as a result.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,192899.0.html
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •