Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Alice in Genderland

Started by TheBattler, May 31, 2007, 06:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBattler

I have just been reading about my life. I brought the book "Alice in Genderland" (http://www.aliceingenderland.com) from Amazon and after read the first 3 chapters I feell like I am reading all about me - I can not finish the book quickly enough to find out where this life is leading me. She talks about starting out with "compelling curiosity" which I so relate to as it is what got me started. Two questions.

1) Who has read it and can relate to her story.
2) Should I send the book onto my parents so they have a greater understanding of my life.

Alice

•  

MeghanAndrews

I read it last year, I like it and there were elements of similarity between she and I.  I never felt like I was reading about me, just to many differences (kids, her early marriage experiences, not transitioning, etc) but I would definitely suggest the book to people. I wouldn't give that to your parents as a coming out, but if they already know, then I think it would be an informative read :) Take care, Meghan
  •  

TheBattler

I wrote a email to Alice a few nights ago and I have just got her reply today. I am soo thrilled.

Alice
  •