Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Going back to the gym... To tell, or not to tell?

Started by Apples Mk.II, May 10, 2013, 10:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apples Mk.II

Good evening,

Well, I finally did it. After not missing the gym for a single week in 4 years, I totally lost my shape. At 59-60 kg I'm, skinnier than ever. I slowly cut the exercising until I finally stopped in february, so practically I need to start from scratch.

Tomorrow I begin in a gigantic new gym.  New monitor, etc... And I need to tell him/her what's my purpose. I was going to say that I wanted to flatten my stomach and tighten my muscles with endurance training, but avoid any kind of muscular hyperthropy... I'm afraid that he may see me as a wimpy dude that needs to get some muscle, so...

Should I tell the expert directly that I'm transitioning from male to female, already on HRT and see if he can prepare me a program more oriented towards females, or just go with the initial undercover idea? I still don't look effeminated or anything and even less in a gym without make up, wigs, breastforms or female clothing...

BTW, the gym has individual changing rooms if I used the ones close to the swimming pool. Not bad for a future when changes are noticeable.
  •  

Q

Quote from: Apple Sprout on May 10, 2013, 10:12:35 AM
Good evening,

Well, I finally did it. After not missing the gym for a single week in 4 years, I totally lost my shape. At 59-60 kg I'm, skinnier than ever. I slowly cut the exercising until I finally stopped in february, so practically I need to start from scratch.

Tomorrow I begin in a gigantic new gym.  New monitor, etc... And I need to tell him/her what's my purpose. I was going to say that I wanted to flatten my stomach and tighten my muscles with endurance training, but avoid any kind of muscular hyperthropy... I'm afraid that he may see me as a wimpy dude that needs to get some muscle, so...

Should I tell the expert directly that I'm transitioning from male to female, already on HRT and see if he can prepare me a program more oriented towards females, or just go with the initial undercover idea? I still don't look effeminated or anything and even less in a gym without make up, wigs, breastforms or female clothing...

BTW, the gym has individual changing rooms if I used the ones close to the swimming pool. Not bad for a future when changes are noticeable.

If it was me I'd just say what I was hoping to achieve from a health and fitness perspective. I can't really see that any of the other stuff would really be relevant.  :)

•  

Misato

I know someone who said she'd leave her gym when her breasts got too hard to hide.

• The gym said they wanted to make it work.
  • The Manager went into the men's locker room to get her things
  • They've allowed her unfettered access to the Women's locker room (She has not had surgeries yet)
  • They set her up with a trainer who'd worked with trans clients before in order to help her get appropriate results.
I haven't had the guts to do the locker room thing myself (I just got an apartment with an attached gym).  And the woman I'm talking about had been going to the gym for along time. Still, being out at the gym appears as though it can lead to some benefits.
  •  

Cindy

I'm totally accepted at my gym. I transitioned as a member and have had no issues, the PTs have helped me without hesitation in developing body specific exercises and the members have been great and cute.
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Well, I guess telling will not hurt... I hope. I have real issues when it come to disclosing myself to males. Add the fact that I don't really have a femenine face, and it feels as if was telling a joke.

The last day I wen I only did cardio, since tomorrow I meeting the trainer that will be with me early in the mornings.
  •  

Cindy

No need to tell if you don't want to. Just tell them you are female. That's it. All that is needed. That is all that is important.
There is no explanation needed
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Well, today the story ends.

After completing my month of recovery doing only cardio, I asked the trainer for a program. I explained my situation, the HRT...

"Let me guess. So then you want to prevent any muscle growth, while getting tonified and improve in the areas that will matter"

And he decides we are going to use the hydraulic machines (no weights). For the first day, he sets me with a seris of machines targetting legs and abs... Here comes the fun part: THe area with those machines could be described as a "girl's area". All those machines they specifically use in one location, with sort of a "glass fence" around delimiting the perimeter.

At first I felt uneasy there, like "those real girls are going to look at me like an invader, but... meat chunk guys seem to stop around there to stand and look.. And after that seeing more guys trying to pick up girls at the gym. Seriously, I hate men at gyms. Specially when they start doing "macho contests" in front of a mirror.
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Ok, things are getting quite messy on the top. Soon it won't pass for manboobs.

Today I reunited enough strenght to ask about what could be done. There is a closed bathroom  in the men's, but reserved for  handicapped. The other option is going to the third floor and use the ones for the swimming pool. They are going to discuss it with the coordinator and give me a call.

What I wonder is how it will be when I go full time in a few months... Right now the days I go as female to work there is no gym obviously, or I change back to male presentation before going.
  •