Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Round 2 for the Pickle TS

Started by Lori, May 22, 2007, 08:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Thank you all for commenting on my pic. One never knows until they ask. We are our own worst critics. I don't see how I'll ever be female but I am sure many who start down this path think and feel the same way.

One thing I am confused about is my spouse. She is either delusional or in denial. She basically says that she sees very little changing in me except for growing boobs. Maybe she feels due to my age not much will change in me or there is not enough male about me that I won't change that much.

The other day she said I would never pass as female without FFS as well. Maybe she is right, or maybe its wishful thinking on her part? I don't know. Maybe she is struggling harder than she is letting on.
  •  

Keira

Lori,
Your wife is lashing out, its the normal first phase.
This is a bit like a 12 steps program for her, acceptance doesn''t come first.
She's got to mourn who you were before she accepts who you are and will become.
It took you years to come to this point, it won't happen overnight for her.

As for changes, your just starting HRT, the first few months, the facial changes are seemingly imperceptible until they pass a threshold where cummulatively they have an impact. Look at my picts, or Kate's pics, our before pics were more male than yours but, 10 months later I can't even pass as male in the most drab clothes possible without makeup.

•  

Lori

Quote from: Keira on June 02, 2007, 11:07:44 AM

Lori,
Your wife is lashing out, its the normal first phase.
This is a bit like a 12 steps program for her, acceptance doesn''t come first.
She's got to mourn who you were before she accepts who you are and will become.
It took you years to come to this point, it won't happen overnight for her.

As for changes, your just starting HRT, the first few months, the facial changes are seemingly imperceptible until they pass a threshold where cummulatively they have an impact. Look at my picts, or Kate's pics, our before pics were more male than yours but, 10 months later I can't even pass as male in the most drab clothes possible without makeup.

Well she has know for 10 years, I think she is as scared as I am. Not knowing the future. I believe she is focusing on Susan Stanton who was able to hide two years of HRT and still work as male. She thinks it won't change me that much like Susan. I was thinking things would take longer than 10 mos. since I just turned 39.
  •  

Keira

Lori,
I'm 39... And look at me. I'll be using a 36D by the 18 month mark and
I've been able to go into women's restroom without a bat of the eye since
month 4!!

Obviously, its all individual, but you can't count slow devellopment.

Passing as male is easier than passing as a women, and if you were
originally a man and nobody knows you are going through the process
and you dress in manly clothes, then how could one assume the opposite.
The rest of presentation kind of obcures the facial changes.

Its not because you hide it that there are no changes, Kate is also "hiding it" (don't know how exactly!!) but its obvious that if she dresses in all female clothes there is no way she passes for anything but a woman. As she said, its her own self-perception which is what holds her back.

If you saw Susan Stanton's picture as a woman when she went to capitol hill, you see that she does look very feminine and passable, no question. Maybe you should show that to your wife!

•