Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Androgynes and hormones

Started by El, May 10, 2009, 04:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerscrossed

I am all for being on a normal TS hormone regime, I love almost all of the effects of hrt, but i have a dysphoria about the breasts growth. I wish there was a way for me to feminize or at least stop masculinizing any further without having breast growth, or risks of osteoporosis. That seems to be nearly impossible, at least in this time. Androgynes/Genderqueers, especially ones in my situation, are in a very awkward position when it comes to the medicating.
  •  

dentifrice

That's a struggling position...
I would like to try very low dose HRT to calm down the disphoria and feminize a little more my body BUT long term effect seems to be unavoidable. What about passing as a guy with a C cup ?

I'll probably start transitioning targeting MtA if I can handle the risk of being MtFtA (kind of) I mean looking like a boyish girl but a girl.
At that time would prefer being a girly guy so HRT seems too risky, in term of body effect.
Am I wrong ?
Aux sombres héros de l'amer
Qui ont su traverser les océans du vide
:eusa_boohoo:
  •  

VannaSiamese

I've been taking hormones for 4 years, and I live as androgynous.  The hormones can help a lot if you are trying to be androgynous and have a feminine look at the same time, but again, they may have some unwanted changes.  Obviously, you will probably develop breasts.  However, if you are very thin, then you may not develop a noticeable amount.
Also, you can try running, cycling, elliptical and so forth to burn calories and fat, this way it is harder for your body to start growing breasts without an excess supply of fat and calories.  If you are very thin, and exercise, then you should get minimal growth.  As I stated, I've been on hormones for 4 years, am very thin and exercise frequently, and I am still flat chested.  Also, running and other leg exercises are good anyway because they will build your legs and butt up and give you a more feminine look. 
  •  

bingunginter

Hi vanna, I saw your post regarding your plan to detransition, does that mean you are going to stop all hormone ?
  •  

dentifrice

That's interesting.
I'm probably going tout see an endocrinologist to have his point of view about having low dose hrt and not transitioning the full way.

What about stopping hrt ?
If the effzcts are too visible or something...
Aux sombres héros de l'amer
Qui ont su traverser les océans du vide
:eusa_boohoo:
  •