News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do You Plan on Wearing Pantyhose?

Started by Wendy, May 30, 2007, 12:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melissa

Quote from: Rachel on June 04, 2007, 10:24:00 PM
Restrictions like that don't bother me at all, I can work with restrictions, and if it means my waist is even smaller (not that it isn't small already) that is just awesome.
Restritions are what corsets are all about. ;)

Quote from: Rachel on June 04, 2007, 10:24:00 PM
The only thing that would worry me is that if i do wear it most of the day, can I hide it under my clothing without arousing too much suspicion, because I'm not out at work.  I don't want them to find out before I want them to, but I do want to wear the corset.....the choices.
You should be able to with baggy enough clothes.  The thing is, I was afraid people would see my belt if I wore a tight shirt, but I can wear pretty close fitting ones without it showing because it creates it's own indent.

Quote from: Melissa on June 04, 2007, 03:57:13 PM
So far the longest I've worn it was 13 hours straight tightened moderately, although I plan on breaking that record today (7 hours down so far) and then tighten it another inch tomorrow.
I'm still wearing the belt and did break my record and in just a couple minutes, it will be 14 hours and I'll take it off. ;D
  •  

Rachel

thanks melissa, anything else i would need to know about them?
  •  

Melissa

Oh there's plenty more to know, I'm not even half done reading the book I got.  Unfortunately, I can't type out everything there is to know because it's so much.  You could get a book from the same company, if you'd like.  Their name is Romantasy (https://www.susans.org/Shopping/Apparel/Corsets_and_Girdles/4393.html) and they are based out of San Francisco and are very trans friendly.
  •  

Rachel

•  

Wendy

Quote from: Keira on June 04, 2007, 03:00:07 PM

There are shaping corsets (not cheap) that can shape your lower ribs over time.
In most extreme form, it leads to 18 inch waits (but, you don't need to go that far to slightly
change the shape of your ribs, but you have to wear the corset almost all the time 16h at least for a year for that to happen.

My goals were a tad more modest.  ;)

Quote from: Melissa on June 04, 2007, 03:57:13 PM
... I ordered a custom one (and a very informative book on the subject) while I was up there and have been doing much learning about this.  No, it wasn't cheap (like $400), but I had been considering doing it for some time....

Additionally, wide belts made out of a thick strong leather can be used to reduce the waist.  Just remember that the female waist is about 1 inch above the belly button.  ... I've lost about 3 inches off my waist measured WITHOUT the belt on(35 3/4 down to 33).  I am also dieting at the same time--actually, conveniently, I had increase my ADD meds at the beginning of May and that resulted in a huge appetite reduction--and so far I've lost about 7 pounds from just May 20th as of this morning.  I just realized that's only been like 2 weeks! ...

P.P.S. If you hate wearing pantyhose because they feel binding, you may not like waist training with a corset.  If you like wearing them, then you'll probably LOVE wearing one.

Melissa,

The tight leather belt sounds like an idea worth investigating.

Thanks for your comments.  Oh by the way you look good in your new picture!
W

•  

Hypatia

Since the question was posed--

I have never worn pantyhose, and expect I never will. I only wear thigh-high stockings, the kind with hold-up tops. I used a garter belt for a while, but practically it's too much bother. Hold-ups are so easy and perfect. Put 'em on once in the morning and they never need adjusting all day long.

I always hear women (both trans and GG) give as the number one reason why they don't want to wear a dress: "Because I hate pantyhose." OK! I hate pantyhose too, but I don't get why it's assumed to be necessary. Thigh highs are easier to manage, much more comfortable, and ultimately cheaper, because if you get a run in one of them, you only lose half the pair instead of all.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

Mattie

I remember the time I was Rocky in RHPS.  The fishnets I had to wear weren't too bad.  I imagine the thigh-highs wouldn't be too different.  I don't know if I would do the pantyhose though.
  •  

gina_taylor

Like most, my mom has said the same about me. I've always enjoyed wearing pantyhose, because they really show off my legs. I've read that some men wear pantyhose for different reasons, which is to say that they're not cross-dressers.

Wendy, it's nice that your wife is talking with you, but she seems to be negative towards you. Keep your chin up, girl and things will work out

Gina  :icon_dance:
  •  

Laura Eva B

Quote from: gina_taylor on July 09, 2007, 02:04:20 PM
Like most, my mom has said the same about me. I've always enjoyed wearing pantyhose, because they really show off my legs.

I've converted my mum to "hold ups" by giving her a pair of mine .... like me she hardly ever wears pantyhose now  :) !

I'm OK with hose except there's nothing less flattering than a low "hip hugging" skirt and short top so that you see the pantyhose waistband.  Do like the warmth of tights, sheer, thick, or net in winter !

Laura x
  •  

Melissa

I have mixed feelings about pantyhose themselves.  However, I love tights.
  •  

gina_taylor

First off, I try to stay away from pantyhose that have too much Lycra in them, so I always try to find 100% nylon and mostly in sheer. Brands I like are:L'eggs, Nononsense and Just My Size. I've always felt very comfortable in them.

My mom has told me that ever since she learned that I wear feminine attire, that she gets all gittery when she puts on a pair of pantyhose or even makeup.

Hey Laura, I've had a time or two where I've had on pantyhose with the panty liner and sometimes when I'm sitting down with a really short skirt, it'll ride up on me, so I know what you mean. :icon_biggrin:

•  

Rachel

Quote from: gina_taylor on July 10, 2007, 04:23:55 PM

Hey Laura, I've had a time or two where I've had on pantyhose with the panty liner and sometimes when I'm sitting down with a really short skirt, it'll ride up on me, so I know what you mean. :icon_biggrin:

does this end up being a problem often?
  •