Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiep

@Mikki, I forgot to post that it takes 15 post from you & then you should be able to post an avatar.

Jamie
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

TheAndrogynousAspie

Hey gang, I found a couple more pictures of me - before/after type pics. I had a hard drive crash without backing stuff up a while back so I lost a lot of pics.  :'(

I found them elsewhere on other media and uploaded them to a host site so here they are. To me, I think they are pretty dramatic changes. Note: at the time I went on HRT (just estradiol), I was post op from a bilateral orchiectomy three years prior and my body changed quite a bit from that alone and no estrogen. So it's my thinking that I believe being depleted of testosterone has REALLY helped, since there was nothing to "block" or overcome, so no need for spironolactone:

I have to laugh, because in the top pic with the goatee, it took me about two years to grow the dang thing then I would use mascara to darken it LOL.   :eusa_wall:

Edited For Dosages
  •  

TheAndrogynousAspie

@Jamie:

Thanks, I'm sure the motormouth I am, I'll get to 15 posts pretty quick!  :icon_blahblah:  :eusa_dance:
  •  

Jamie D

I'm sure you will.   ;)

That second picture looks as if your hair was thinning.  No sign in the later pics.
  •  

E-Brennan

Quote from: Jamie D on July 13, 2013, 10:12:27 AM
That second picture looks as if your hair was thinning.  No sign in the later pics.

I noticed that too.  Only because my own hair is at that stage - thin up front and rapidly receding.  And I was wondering how the hair thickened up (not that it's any of my business, because you look great, but is it real or artificial, and if it's real can you tell me your secret?)

I think you made an excellent choice with your gender.  Your pictures now compared to then are extraordinary.   :)
  •  

TheAndrogynousAspie

Quote from: Michele on July 13, 2013, 06:50:08 PM
I think you made an excellent choice with your gender.  Your pictures now compared to then are extraordinary.   :)

Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment hehe :)

You know, it's interesting, to me at least, I never though of my hair as 'thin' until We got back from Hawaii and I saw that pic. I was like OMG my hair! I went in the bathroom at home (I have 5 100 watt light bulbs so it's pretty bright) and looked at my hair at every angle and couldn't replicate it (that thin look).

I asked my spouse to look at my hair in the sun at the same angle around the same time of day as that pic, and she was surprised, it didn't look that thin like it did in the pic. Maybe it had something to do with the Hawaii sun? UV? LOL, I really don't know but, my hair shaft is fine, always has been. I get that from my mom. My mom is of Russian/Ukraine/E.U. decent, and a lot of the women in my family have thin hair. My dad is 100% Italian and his hair is so black and gorgeous. Why couldn't I have his hair! haha

But damn, that picture kinda looks like I have Alopecia.  :o :(

My secret? No secret, I REALLY thought it was the light, until I had my bilateral orchiectomy in 2007. By blessed luck after that, my hair thickened up (a little, not a lot) once all T production was gone post op. My T levels prior to surgery were in the low 100-103's naturally, no spiro. Even my endo was surprised that my face wasn't androgynous from such low T levels. But like I told him, my parents put me on T shots when I was a kid. Having Refeinstein's Syndrome just plain sucks. But androgen insensitivity is a whole separate discussion. They didn't know what to do/how to treat Reifenstein's in the 70's when I was born. Now, they let the children decide what gender they are as they get older.

I wanted to do hair extensions, but didn't want to spend $1200 on them. I just learned how to style it to hide that "M" LOL. I'm happy now, and to me, that's what counts. :)

•  

Jamie D

PAIS puts several of our members in an unusual position of ambiguity.  I think your transition photos are wonderful.
  •  

Silvermist

•  

truetranssoulrebel

June 2012

July 2013 (1 Month of Hormones)

•  

TheAndrogynousAspie

Quote from: Jamie D on July 14, 2013, 03:44:12 PM
PAIS puts several of our members in an unusual position of ambiguity.  I think you transition photos are wonderful.

Yes, you're absolutely right Jamie. I've become friends with many PAIS and CAIS girls.Damn those CAIS girls! Grr... lol. Anyway, You're right, a LOT of the PAIS boys who stay boys with no gender identity issues and their counterparts XY boys who transition m2f, sometimes are already in some sort of androgyny/ambiguity. I would LOVE to say I was androgynous before, but that would be a lie. However, at least being PAIS with the whole androgen receptor mutation thing going on, I 'like to think' estrogen worked pretty OK for me. What I'm curious to know and I never will is this: what would I have looked like 'now' if my pediatrician put me on testosterone as a kid? I received about 5 or 6 (hell, I can't remember, I'm 39) T shots throughout my youth.

Last T shot I believe I got was 15 or 16 (9th grade) because I had no chest hair, penis still didn't develop for the Tanner stage I was at, I had a prominent case of Gynecomastia (34B/C - and I weighed 145 lbs, so it's not like they were 'fat boy boobs'), no leg/arm hair/underarm, voice was still kind of high, very effeminate.

What sucks was, that last shot I got as a kid... that was a bitch - my life changed after that day. Acne, oily skin, body hair, voice got deeper. To me, that's the day my life got ruined. I know no normal "male" wants testicular cancer, I sure didn't, however, I'll count catching it in time was a blessing. I really think I had a 'pretty good' transition because besides being PAIS, I had virtually no T to overcome. Eight months post op is when I had my first hormone levels checked, and my T level was 8  >:-)

Is there any other folks here on the boards with PAIS? I'd love to connect with them.
  •  

AlexisB

I just wanted to show an update of how far I've came :) plus for other girls and guys (yes guys your welcome too ;) to show their progress.
  •  

Just Ole Me

Alexis

You look amazing. It still shocks me how much a persons face is determined by hormones. How long between pictures?

I've only been onHRT for 3 months so....no major change yet.

Thanks

Kay
Just trying to find comfort in this "shell" that doesn't fit.  But I am "remodeling" the shell finally!
  •  

TheLance

WOW you ladies are lookin' gorgeous! I am blown away by what incredible progress you all have made. I hope to make the same progress in the other direction, lol. Keep it up, you all are absolutely beautiful.
Once you've lost everything, you're free to do anything.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: TheAndrogynousAspie on July 15, 2013, 11:00:46 PM
Yes, you're absolutely right Jamie. I've become friends with many PAIS and CAIS girls.Damn those CAIS girls! Grr... lol. Anyway, You're right, a LOT of the PAIS boys who stay boys with no gender identity issues and their counterparts XY boys who transition m2f, sometimes are already in some sort of androgyny/ambiguity. I would LOVE to say I was androgynous before, but that would be a lie. However, at least being PAIS with the whole androgen receptor mutation thing going on, I 'like to think' estrogen worked pretty OK for me. What I'm curious to know and I never will is this: what would I have looked like 'now' if my pediatrician put me on testosterone as a kid? I received about 5 or 6 (hell, I can't remember, I'm 39) T shots throughout my youth.

Last T shot I believe I got was 15 or 16 (9th grade) because I had no chest hair, penis still didn't develop for the Tanner stage I was at, I had a prominent case of Gynecomastia (34B/C - and I weighed 145 lbs, so it's not like they were 'fat boy boobs'), no leg/arm hair/underarm, voice was still kind of high, very effeminate.

What sucks was, that last shot I got as a kid... that was a bitch - my life changed after that day. Acne, oily skin, body hair, voice got deeper. To me, that's the day my life got ruined. I know no normal "male" wants testicular cancer, I sure didn't, however, I'll count catching it in time was a blessing. I really think I had a 'pretty good' transition because besides being PAIS, I had virtually no T to overcome. Eight months post op is when I had my first hormone levels checked, and my T level was 8  >:-)

Is there any other folks here on the boards with PAIS? I'd love to connect with them.

Yes there are.  You should check out the current and older posts on the Intersex talk board.
  •  

Alaia

Quote from: truetranssoulrebel on July 15, 2013, 06:05:53 PM
July 2013 (1 Month of Hormones)

Looking great. I'm a bit envious of your hair. :D

Quote from: AlexisB on July 16, 2013, 02:41:00 PM
I just wanted to show an update of how far I've came :) plus for other girls and guys (yes guys your welcome too ;) to show their progress.

Wow Alexis, you look incredible! I wouldn't be able to clock you as anything but a CIS woman in public.

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

AlexisB

Awk thankyou lol i've not started estrogen yet, just puberty blockers :)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: AlexisB on July 17, 2013, 12:33:38 PM
Awk thankyou lol i've not started estrogen yet, just puberty blockers :)

Very pretty, an excellent candidate for full-blown womanhood!
  •  

Byron

Quote from: truetranssoulrebel on July 15, 2013, 06:05:53 PM

When I see photos like this, it makes me begin to wonder whether I'm living on the wrong side of the Atlantic.  You're both beautiful.  Congratulations! ;)
  •  

Silvermist

Alexis, from this point forward, I will say the same thing every time that you post photos: You need to become a model. No objections please, just go and make it happen!

•