Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennygirl

Quote from: Violet Bloom on August 06, 2013, 11:05:52 AM
Just curious, Jenny, if the changes in your face (other than hair) have been purely HRT-related or partly loss of body fat.  I believe I have a rather similar body mass and starting facial structure to yours and what you've accomplished is exactly what I hope for my face once I start HRT.  With my approval for hormones a couple weeks away I guess I'll be finding out for myself rather soon!

Basically I was at 145 @ 5'8" about a year and a half ago when the pic on the bottom left was taken. Then as I approached transition, I started eating a super low sugar pescatarian diet and ended up at 130 in December when I started hormones.  I continued eating healthy and with the hormones I lost a lot of muscle mass in my neck, back, and shoulders bringing me down to 125 at one point. In late April, I upped my dose of progesterone and my appetite skyrocketed in May and I ended up eating quite a bit of meat, too. I feel like I've plateaued again at 140-142, only most of the weight that came back was fat and maybe a little muscle because I noticed my arms look a little bigger. My face rounded a little which I do like.

I'm not sure exactly what it is that hormones have done for my face, but it seems to me like the yo-yo weight effect made a rather big difference to my neck and jawline. More than anything facially though, I think it was learning how to apply eyeliner, removing beard hair, and trimming eyebrows ;) My friend said that my nose looks smaller, too, now. I can kind of see it.

I really feel like my results are very much attributable to things that I motivated, not so much that the hormones have completely changed my facial structure. I hope that helps!

•  

Violet Bloom

Quote from: Jennygirl on August 06, 2013, 12:59:47 PM
Basically I was at 145 @ 5'8" about a year and a half ago when the pic on the bottom left was taken. Then as I approached transition, I started eating a super low sugar pescatarian diet and ended up at 130 in December when I started hormones.  I continued eating healthy and with the hormones I lost a lot of muscle mass in my neck, back, and shoulders bringing me down to 125 at one point. In late April, I upped my dose of progesterone and my appetite skyrocketed in May and I ended up eating quite a bit of meat, too. I feel like I've plateaued again at 140-142, only most of the weight that came back was fat and maybe a little muscle because I noticed my arms look a little bigger. My face rounded a little which I do like.

I'm not sure exactly what it is that hormones have done for my face, but it seems to me like the yo-yo weight effect made a rather big difference to my neck and jawline. More than anything facially though, I think it was learning how to apply eyeliner, removing beard hair, and trimming eyebrows ;) My friend said that my nose looks smaller, too, now. I can kind of see it.

I really feel like my results are very much attributable to things that I motivated, not so much that the hormones have completely changed my facial structure. I hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply.  The changes I see in your face look primarily like a loss of 'surface bulk' which could be fat loss/migration and/or fine muscle reduction.  It would be hard to say how much of this is due to hormones and how much to weight loss/re-gain but the changes are typical of what I've read about from HRT.  You seem to have lost thickness around the mouth, chin and jaw even with the re-gain of weight.  This is what I'm hoping for.  It's kinda like stripping a lumpy, rubbery mask away and leaving smoother and subtler features.  Make-up can't do all of that but using it to even-out my skin tone provides some illusion of it.

I'm 6'1" but slightly less than your starting weight.  No plans to drop to 130lbs as I only ever got down there from being seriously ill once upon a time.  I do eat very healthy though.  Everyone tells me I'm too skinny already but I'm quite healthy and my weight is literally rock-stable no matter how much or little I eat and I seem to be immune to occasional fast-food/junk-food ventures.

I'm also curious to know, since you have a similarly slender figure, how much change you've seen in the waste/hip/bum area, especially given your major percentage weight loss/regain.  I can squeeze a shape out of this 'twig' but only with very specific clothing cuts, making shopping all the more challenging.  So far I've only found one brand of jeans that fits and flatters me properly and has enough length for my mile-long legs.

•  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Violet Bloom on August 07, 2013, 12:03:27 PM
Thanks for your reply.  The changes I see in your face look primarily like a loss of 'surface bulk' which could be fat loss/migration and/or fine muscle reduction.  It would be hard to say how much of this is due to hormones and how much to weight loss/re-gain but the changes are typical of what I've read about from HRT.  You seem to have lost thickness around the mouth, chin and jaw even with the re-gain of weight.  This is what I'm hoping for.  It's kinda like stripping a lumpy, rubbery mask away and leaving smoother and subtler features.  Make-up can't do all of that but using it to even-out my skin tone provides some illusion of it.

I'm 6'1" but slightly less than your starting weight.  No plans to drop to 130lbs as I only ever got down there from being seriously ill once upon a time.  I do eat very healthy though.  Everyone tells me I'm too skinny already but I'm quite healthy and my weight is literally rock-stable no matter how much or little I eat and I seem to be immune to occasional fast-food/junk-food ventures.

I'm also curious to know, since you have a similarly slender figure, how much change you've seen in the waste/hip/bum area, especially given your major percentage weight loss/regain.  I can squeeze a shape out of this 'twig' but only with very specific clothing cuts, making shopping all the more challenging.  So far I've only found one brand of jeans that fits and flatters me properly and has enough length for my mile-long legs.

Wow you are very thin! You'll probably do very well gaining some weight once you've been on HRT for a while. I wouldn't rush it, though. Fat seems like one of those things that take some time to saturate with hormones.

I've had a lot of butt growth and a little hip. In my opinion the shape of my body has seen the biggest changes. Bust/waist/hip measurements since starting HRT have gone from 35/29/34 to 38/29/38. Most of the circumference in the hip measurement is from my butt sticking out though ;)

Ever since upping my progesterone dosage, my appetite soared and my weight did, too. The problem is that my arm muscles have increased in size too which I am absolutely not cool with! Going to be talking to my endo on Friday to see what that is all about! Arm muscles... YUCK!
  •  

Violet Bloom

Quote from: Jennygirl on August 07, 2013, 12:45:21 PM
Wow you are very thin! You'll probably do very well gaining some weight once you've been on HRT for a while.

I'm starting with roughly 35/30/35 and 142lbs.  I think my butt is actually pretty good already though any extra would help.  I just keep trying to tell myself I have a models' body ;)

•  

Michelle S.

Hey!

So I made a crappy timeline real quick to show HRT effects for another member and I thought while I'm at it, why not see what you guys think :)

I made this super quick so again it's crappy but here it is:

•  

Dreams2014

Quote from: Michelle S. on August 08, 2013, 06:19:25 PM
Hey!

So I made a crappy timeline real quick to show HRT effects for another member and I thought while I'm at it, why not see what you guys think :)

WOW!  :o
Farewell to my friends, farewell to the life I knew. I burn what once was, and in the ashes I am born anew.
  •  

Antonia J

Hey!

Thanks for the pic! This isn't crappy at all, it is amazing and you look great in it!  Can I ask....did you lose weight after HRT? Your face and neck changed so dramatically (in a great way)! 
  •  

Michelle S.

Quote from: Antonia J on August 08, 2013, 06:24:34 PM
Thanks for the pic! This isn't crappy at all, it is amazing and you look great in it!  Can I ask....did you lose weight after HRT? Your face and neck changed so dramatically (in a great way)!

lol well my weight has been pretty funny. When I started HRT, I also started watching what I ate and did this until like month 6... Then I just let myself go but looking at the pictures I see what you mean, so I honestly don't know lol. Pre-HRT I was probably 210. Around month 7 I want to say I was around 180 but I'd have to guess I'm back to 190 now.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Michelle S. on August 08, 2013, 06:31:39 PM
lol well my weight has been pretty funny. When I started HRT, I also started watching what I ate and did this until like month 6... Then I just let myself go but looking at the pictures I see what you mean, so I honestly don't know lol. Pre-HRT I was probably 210. Around month 7 I want to say I was around 180 but I'd have to guess I'm back to 190 now.

I wouldn't have guessed that about your weight from the photos, the last two pix gets one happy looking, pretty girl a big squeeze from Auntie Shan!
  •  

V M

I think you have progressed really well and look great Michelle  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Priestess

Quote from: AlexisB on July 16, 2013, 02:41:00 PM
I just wanted to show an update of how far I've came :) plus for other girls and guys (yes guys your welcome too ;) to show their progress.

i just joined this website and understanding the whole process going MTF but i wanted to know how long have you been on HRT along with what all else you did to see such great results o; .

you're are Gorgeous Alexis :3.
  •  

Priestess

I just wanted to show an update of how far I've came :) plus for other girls and guys (yes guys your welcome too ;) to show their progress.

also, if you don't mind me asking, how old where you when you started ;o ?
  •  

Michelle S.

Quote from: Dreams2014 on August 08, 2013, 06:24:08 PM
WOW!  :o

Quote from: Shantel on August 08, 2013, 06:36:33 PM
I wouldn't have guessed that about your weight from the photos, the last two pix gets one happy looking, pretty girl a big squeeze from Auntie Shan!

Aww thank you, Auntie Shan :)

Yeah, I'm a big girl lol but I'm really tall (6'1-6'2 depending on the police line up... jk) so I wear it well, just a little chunky in the neck/face!

Quote from: V M on August 08, 2013, 06:37:31 PM
I think you have progressed really well and look great Michelle  :)

Thank you :)

•  

Michelle S.

I love your eye brows, I wish I could figure out how to style mine better! You look great :)

•  

Priestess

Hey!

omg c: .

your face is so adorbs, haha .

it's done great for you !
E the only thing you took or did you take AAs too ;o?
  •  

Michelle S.

Quote from: Priestess on August 08, 2013, 07:02:06 PM
omg c: .

your face is so adorbs, haha .

it's done great for you !
E the only thing you took or did you take AAs too ;o?

Thank you  :D

I've been on Estradiol and Spiro since day 1, and at month 6 my doctor added progesterone to the mix. That was ummm interesting to say the least lol. Forget estrogen when it comes to mood swings and such; progesterone is one hell of a drug  :o

•  

Priestess

Quote from: Michelle S. on August 08, 2013, 07:06:53 PM
Thank you  :D

I've been on Estradiol and Spiro since day 1, and at month 6 my doctor added progesterone to the mix. That was ummm interesting to say the least lol. Forget estrogen when it comes to mood swings and such; progesterone is one hell of a drug  :o

yw c: .

and hahahaha.
are the mood swings really that bad x3 ?
but i know what the E and Pro does but wat does spiro do ;o ?
  •  

Pia Bianca

Awesome fast transition and a very good result. You look great!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Priestess on August 09, 2013, 12:19:42 AM
yw c: .

and hahahaha.
are the mood swings really that bad x3 ?

Spironolactone acts as an anti-androgen.
  •  

kathyk

Quote from: Priestess on August 09, 2013, 12:19:42 AM

Spironolactone will block testosterone production and cause a hormone imbalance, but by itself isn't HRT even if it can cause a little breast tenderness (enlargement) and skin changes over time. 

Hey!

That's a spectacular change in 11 months. 

•