Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiep

@Bethany, I went through that phase before I really got to find Jamie & make up...I used to have all that facial hair too, then it was just a mustache...it finally got in the way, so I shave it off so I could do the last step, the make up that makes all the feminizing look pretty. Once all that hair was off & how awful it made me look plus older, all of a sudden I became a younger better looking person, that hair does us no favors. Once the make up is on it takes even more years off me. Congrats on passing Beauty school, you look wonderful!
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

bethany

Thanks Ketelyn and Jamie.

Quote from: Jamiep on September 20, 2013, 03:32:55 PM
@Bethany, I went through that phase before I really got to find Jamie & make up...I used to have all that facial hair too, then it was just a mustache...it finally got in the way, so I shave it off so I could do the last step, the make up that makes all the feminizing look pretty. Once all that hair was off & how awful it made me look plus older, all of a sudden I became a younger better looking person, that hair does us no favors. Once the make up is on it takes even more years off me. Congrats on passing Beauty school, you look wonderful!

Jamie I have zero makeup on. I really do need to work on applying makeup. 
  •  

Jamiep

@Bethany, yes I realize that. There are a lot of tips at cosmetic company web site or check out Youtube. Around the house & neighborhood I use  Cover Girl True Blend liquid. Big night out on the town I use a real good foundation cream that covers the beard extremely well MAC Full Coverage Foundation & all the time I use MAC Mineralize Foundation/Loose Powder. They are more expensive but worth it. The liquid & cream I just use my fingers to spread. The powder you can us a sponge or brush. If you can't get to a store you can order online. At a store you can have the assistance of staff to help pick the closest match to your skin tone. That is the best way, which I did at MAC's. Sometimes I would be in a pharmacy & pic a product & dab a bit on my skin or hold a product up to my face looking in the mirror. Online is trickier because of how the colors display on your screen could be different from the real product, it is more by trial & error. I have never ordered online. You just have to experiment until you get the look you envision for yourself. I'm a MAC Girl!
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

PHXGiRL

Quote from: KatelynRain on September 20, 2013, 01:13:19 PM
Wow!! Happy anniversary!  And you look more amazing each time!  Your face is soooo much more feminine than in the past!

Thank you!  ;D
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Bethany Dawn on September 20, 2013, 01:21:22 PM
Why not I might as well jump in on this thread seeing today is my 8 month anniversary since starting HRT

THis is about 3 years before HRT.

And this was taken on 9/20/2013.

Quite a quantum leap for you Bethany, congrats!
  •  

Dee

I never do get to comment here enough.  You are all such beautiful women, and should be so proud of yourselves! 

My contribution:

My hair was a bit...windswept...from my walk to and from the farmers' market this morning.  But still, I felt cute when I got home.  Whenever I saw my reflection, I'd have those moments (which have becoming more regular) where I go, "oh- that's a girl there!"  It's such a surreal feeling.  It's strange how it can all catch up seemingly suddenly- we see our faces countless times, every day.  I had to remind myself with past photos through Facebook just what has changed, and felt it was worth to post here.

Its funny, too.  I can't put my finger on it.  I know there's a difference there, but besides the boobs, I really don't know what it is.  Maybe the before isn't a very good before.  Regardless, I'm more than happy to be the one on the right :)
This is one voice not to forget;
"Fight every fight like you can win;
An iron fisted champion,"
  •  

bethany

•  

Christine167

Quote from: Dee on September 22, 2013, 02:06:00 AM
I never do get to comment here enough.  You are all such beautiful women, and should be so proud of yourselves! 

My contribution:

My hair was a bit...windswept...from my walk to and from the farmers' market this morning.  But still, I felt cute when I got home.  Whenever I saw my reflection, I'd have those moments (which have becoming more regular) where I go, "oh- that's a girl there!"  It's such a surreal feeling.  It's strange how it can all catch up seemingly suddenly- we see our faces countless times, every day.  I had to remind myself with past photos through Facebook just what has changed, and felt it was worth to post here.

Its funny, too.  I can't put my finger on it.  I know there's a difference there, but besides the boobs, I really don't know what it is.  Maybe the before isn't a very good before.  Regardless, I'm more than happy to be the one on the right :)
You looked like Keanu Reeves before and now you look super cute ;)
  •  

Shantel

My contribution:

There is a remarkable difference Dee, like the commercial once said, "You've come a long way baby!" I see a guy on the left that you look nothing like and a very vivacious, attractive looking woman on the right. Your avatar photo looks grumpy and not nearly as pretty and alive in comparison. We only have photos and don't see you every day in real life so we only get the instant the shutter clicked so it's not always easy to make the best assessments, but if you are that woman on the right of my screen you are just beautiful and appear to have moved light years ahead from your former self.
  •  

kathyk

...  Whenever I saw my reflection, I'd have those moments (which have becoming more regular) where I go, "oh- that's a girl there!"  It's such a surreal feeling.  .....

Yeah, no question about it that's a girl there.  You're great looking, sound real confident, and wow - you've had an incredible change in two years.

•  

Kaylee

Quote from: Christine167 on September 22, 2013, 06:59:48 AM
You looked like Keanu Reeves before and now you look super cute ;)

I was going to say Ashton Kutcher, be either way still look great before and after!  Such a complete change.  I also find myself looking through old pics thinking "Bloody hell, that was me!?!"

Also, what bass are you using in that pic?  I haven't played it properly for a while but I generally use a green Musicman stringray SUB with pressed metal scratch plate, plays like a dream when she's had some attention :-)
  •  

Dee

Thank you all!

@Bethany- you look so happy now, I love it! But what's with the TB hat? I thought you were from the Cape? (Kidding... I actually love the Rays).

@Shan- Haha, I never really thought of my avatar as grumpy looking, but I do see that now.  I'll probably change it in the near future, it's kinda dated by now. But I know what you mean with the shutter-glimpses compared to everyday. I explain this to my roommates all the time; they see me everyday, which makes it harder for them to understand the significance of what I've gone through. I'm happy to see the changes in retrospect, though!

@Christine and Kaylee- hah! I usually heard Justin Long, specifically from pics of that show in the before. Not offensive comparisons... but I'm glad they're in the past.

And Kaylee, that's an SD Curlee bass. Walnut and brass, 3/4 semi neckthrough, old school dimarzio pickups. It's a sustain machine!  But my usual go to is just the ol' fender standard jazz. I've always wanted a stingray though, that range and playability is so killer. Then the rick 4001 follows on the wish list... and.... Oh god... gear acquisition syndrome is kicking back in....!!!
  •  

Harlow

Had to quote the photos like the rest...

First a question, how old were you when you started HRT if you don't mind me asking...

Anyway this is exactly what I hope to see for myself as far as changes go. Absolutely incredible, it's just so hard to imagine that much change can happen. On top of that who knows how much will change as everybody differs. I'm only 1 month in and like most have the anxiety that it will not happen for me, but these are the types of before's and after's that keep me going and excited for the future. We shall see!

On a second note...

Quote from: Kaylee on September 22, 2013, 10:35:00 AM
Also, what bass are you using in that pic?  I haven't played it properly for a while but I generally use a green Musicman stringray SUB with pressed metal scratch plate, plays like a dream when she's had some attention :-)

Quote from: Dee on September 22, 2013, 04:49:18 PM
Kaylee, that's an SD Curlee bass. Walnut and brass, 3/4 semi neckthrough, old school dimarzio pickups. It's a sustain machine!  But my usual go to is just the ol' fender standard jazz. I've always wanted a stingray though, that range and playability is so killer. Then the rick 4001 follows on the wish list... and.... Oh god... gear acquisition syndrome is kicking back in....!!!

My husband is a musician, you both sound like him and I'm clueless and tone deaf when it comes to music and singing. Wished I had that talent, here is a photo to make you two drool  :P And this is only his guitar section he has a whole studio aka master bedroom. Yes his instruments get the best room in the house lol!

(sorry I know it's off topic, but you two sound like you'd geek out over it so couldn't help but share)

•  

V M

I'm more than happy to be the one on the right :)

I think the one on the right would make a good avatar, you have a very nice smile in that one  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on September 22, 2013, 05:20:24 PM
I think the one on the right would make a good avatar, you have a very nice smile in that one  :)

I was thinking the same thing too!
  •  

Ultimus

Quote from: Kaylee on September 15, 2013, 09:37:17 AM
Here's a pic of me from Feb 2012 and another from last week, about 12 months on hormones (6 months on a low dose, stepped up in March), sorry for the shoddy quality...

The confidence boost I've had since coming out to people makes wish I wish I'd started at 20 instead of 30 though :-(

Wow, you look like a teenager now, that much younger!
  •  

bethany

@Bethany- you look so happy now, I love it! But what's with the TB hat? I thought you were from the Cape? (Kidding... I actually love the Rays).
Thank you very much. I have never been so happy in my life. I use to live near Port Charlotte FL . for 8 years before moving back to Massachusetts. I fell in love with the Rays and Lightning while down there. I learned that the Red Sox are just as an evil empire as the Yankees.  By the way that photo was taken at a spring training game.
  •  

Dee

Well I guess it's settled, next time I'm at my computer, a news avatar will be my task, haha.

Harlow- i was 27 when I started hrt (still the same age, bday soon).  Those first couple months are painstaking! I remember feeling like there just wouldn't be any effect. Just give your body time to adjust, and you'll start to see it for yourself. But I'm honored my b/a can be motivational.

Also, your husband has quite the collection! Always happy to see other people with crazy instrument collections.

@Kathy- I meant to respond to you earlier.  I feel like the confidence is 90% of what goes into passing, and I'm grateful for the support system I have. Everyone- family, friends, roommates- has only encouraged this confidence. And who would have known living with 5 twenty-something guys during transition would have bred such an atmosphere! Very thankful for them, everyday. :D
  •  

Jamie D

My contribution:

That smile is easily worth a thousand words.  Fantastic!!
  •  

Kaylee

And Kaylee, that's an SD Curlee bass. Walnut and brass, 3/4 semi neckthrough, old school dimarzio pickups. It's a sustain machine!  But my usual go to is just the ol' fender standard jazz. I've always wanted a stingray though, that range and playability is so killer. Then the rick 4001 follows on the wish list... and.... Oh god... gear acquisition syndrome is kicking back in....!!!

Nice, old, chunky bits of wood are the best!  My old housemate must have around 30+ of the things so I only ever needed the String ray and an Ibanez acoustic, anytime I wanted to use something else I'd just shout "Oi, hippy, where's the Wal?  What do you mean it's in the studio!  Ok the 78 Jazz will do!" :)

Apart from the green/blue Yamaha electro-acoustic 6 stringer my gear acquisition is on hold for the mo, this transition malarkey can get a tad expensive :-)  Definitely agree with the others that have said to use that pic as your avatar pic, you look proper chuffed stiff!

Quote from: Harlow on September 22, 2013, 05:14:42 PM

So...many..strings...to break!!  That looks like a very fun room :D
  •