Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavenMoon

Hi Karin. And welcome! I'm fairly new here as well and have the same feelings towards this forum and its members. I'll be turning 56 next month, and have been dealing with this since I was about four.  So good for you taking action. It's never too late, but easier when you are younger. Wish I stared sooner.
  •  

Karin

Thank you so much!  I appreciate your warm words of welcome!

I have 'square eyes' from staring at the screen reading through many posts trying to catch up but couldn't stop! You have really reached me in a way that feels like i'm being welcomed into a family. I haven't felt this way for so long a time!

Yes, I remember as a young child thinking along the same lines: I made the same wish each time I saw a shooting star, that I could be a girl. When I blew out my birthday cake candles the same thing. I went to a religious junior school. I would pray at night before sleeping that the big guy upstairs would fix my body lol!
I'm sure we all remember similiar things, perhaps even with a smile sometimes.

I'm sorry, I know i'm writing in the wrong thread here, (I hope to get some my picture sorted) but thanks again for listening ;)
  •  

RavenMoon

I'll tell you, last night I got dressed up as a woman (a Japanese school girl to be more precise) for a Halloween party with a cover band I play in. I was rather nervous about it, but all night everyone kept saying they didn't know who I was and thought the band replaced me with a pretty girl. lol It was a wonderful experience with all the positive feedback I was getting. Granted, it was a costume party, but so many women came up to me, including some that have known me for years, and said they thought I was a girl, from my appearance and mannerisms. Even one of the guys in the band said I looked great and should dress that way all the time. lol I agree! Funny part about the mannerisms, I wasn't acting any different than usual. But I did feel a little more free to be myself.

It really was a confidence booster.  ;D  I posted a couple of photos in the Do You Think I Can Pass thread. So after having my doubts erased it's full speed ahead...
  •  

Karin

That's Cool!
Isn't it priceless when a friend tells us they prefer you as you are nowdays rather than that unhappy person from before!

{ heard Lou Reed died.  I liked his work from the Velvet Underground days.}  had wondered if my love for rock and metal could fit in with how I want to live. But I have found there are genetic women out who love to talk the subject and go to gigs, so that's great!
I can still do things I liked before!And now, things associated with being female too without feeling shame! I feel my life is becoming more balanced!
Who needs stereotypes!  8)
  •  

Claire (formerly Magdalena)

Hi, Karin,

Welcome! ;D I also struggled with the despair and depression. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life just finding the place where I can be me. I'm soooo happy for you that you're feeling the same way. I didn't sleep well for several days, I was so excited, it was great. Still is great. I just keep smiling at the world. Be prepared to have more energy than ever.

I haven't so much found mentors as family. They all really care, it's wonderful. And no one judges, which is wonderous as well. So, welcome to the family, little sister.   :angel:

-maggie

I'd rather see the world from another angle
We are everyday angels
Be careful with me 'cause I'd like to stay that way

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Magdalena on October 27, 2013, 06:47:55 PM
Hi, Karin,

Welcome! ;D I also struggled with the despair and depression. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life just finding the place where I can be me. I'm soooo happy for you that you're feeling the same way. I didn't sleep well for several days, I was so excited, it was great. Still is great. I just keep smiling at the world. Be prepared to have more energy than ever.

I haven't so much found mentors as family. They all really care, it's wonderful. And no one judges, which is wonderous as well. So, welcome to the family, little sister.   :angel:

-maggie

Hey Maggie that kind of happiness is infectious! You'll start a pandemic :D
  •  

Claire (formerly Magdalena)

Shan, I hope so! I brought enough for everyone.  :D

I'd rather see the world from another angle
We are everyday angels
Be careful with me 'cause I'd like to stay that way

•  

Shantel

•  

Karin

Hi, Maggie!
Thanks for your lovely message! I'm always learning, and respect your and everyone's words of wisdom! It's great to share.

I've come some way along and made a number of improvements and are becoming happier by comparison, but I have ways to go! My quirky sense of humour from childhood and early teens is slowly returning as forefront, after years of frequent recluse and dark moods. People at work are coming up to me saying "Hey! How's it goin?" Even the security staff have time for me since i'm talking again! And that's with me looking unmistakebly fem, but not yet out!

The world might be a dull place if there was nothing left to do and everything was black and white!
:D
  •  

ambiguousinlife

These posts are very inspiring. Giving me lots of hope.
  •  

Autumn

I look at this thread everyday and it gives me so much optimism and hope about my future. You ladies are all amazing.

Kiwi4Eva

Quote from: Jamie de la Rosa on October 10, 2013, 11:53:14 AM
You are making good progress.  Still doing your YouTubes?

You are going to be one hell of a stunning woman...you have gorgeous potential!
  •  

Apples Mk.II

•  

Marina mtf

well, this is me... in 2003

and then, in 2013... ten years later...

10 YEARS... OMG... but It seems to me that Marina is younger than
the first guy...

•  

Ms Grace

Apple Sprout, You've changed so much and look awesome! I know you've been struggling with concerns of how you will pass and everything but if this is the level of change you have after six months just wait until twelve months, etc, you will be a stunning seƱorita!  :)
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Sadly, it is a bit of cheating. Notice that I never ever put frontal shots anymore, and the truth is that I still look really really awful on them (ok,maybe it is that the ligth at my place is really really horrible.), and this perspective helps hide problems with the cheeks and lack of fat (nose looks ever bigger on the front), not to mention the angle with the camera raised and looking down.

Although well, I show the first photo yesterday to somebody I met three weeks ago, and they were amazed too. I keep being told that there is nothing male left in my aspect, but... You know how GID is.

Anyways, I have plans for FFS already. Once I make one year on HRT (April 2014) I will start the consultations, and if things go according to plan, Summer of 2014 would be the best possible date.
  •  

RavenMoon

Quote from: Apple Sprout on October 29, 2013, 02:50:18 PM
Sadly, it is a bit of cheating. Notice that I never ever put frontal shots anymore, and the truth is that I still look really really awful on them (ok,maybe it is that the ligth at my place is really really horrible.), and this perspective helps hide problems with the cheeks and lack of fat (nose looks ever bigger on the front), not to mention the angle with the camera raised and looking down.

Although well, I show the first photo yesterday to somebody I met three weeks ago, and they were amazed too. I keep being told that there is nothing male left in my aspect, but... You know how GID is.

Anyways, I have plans for FFS already. Once I make one year on HRT (April 2014) I will start the consultations, and if things go according to plan, Summer of 2014 would be the best possible date.

Yes, I suffer from a similar nose. :) I haven't started HRT or anything yet, and my photo here was actually part of my Halloween costume from the past weekend.

But with a little work you will look great! You have much nicer lips than I do. Damn you! lol
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Quote from: RavenMoon on October 29, 2013, 03:19:37 PM
Yes, I suffer from a similar nose. :) I haven't started HRT or anything yet, and my photo here was actually part of my Halloween costume from the past weekend.

But with a little work you will look great! You have much nicer lips than I do. Damn you! lol

Mac tinted lip balm... I've never had a lipstick...

The nose is a funny thing. When I got the VFFS results not even her knew how to tacke my nose... She had a few ideas, but it is a work best left for a pro. So I'd rather not think or have illusions about my dream nose until then. The only thing I know is that I need to ask about removing or changing the nasal spine.

It can't be that bad... Yesterday I met a girl that looked like the gender bender version of John Difool (Maybe the Final Incal version). Still looked better than me with that big nose.
  •