Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennygirl

Quote from: Casey Danielle on December 25, 2013, 02:05:20 AM
60?  OMG she could almost be your older sister....

Definitely telling her this one!! Haha she's going to love that!!

Quote from: PrincessPatience on December 25, 2013, 02:08:30 AM
Wow, your change is incredibility and you look so much happier. I'm at similar start to where you were during the end of 2012. So thank you for sharing this. You're such a inspiration Jenny and Congrats on all the progress!  ;D

Thank you so much for the nice words, and I hope that you see all the progress of the world in the coming year!

Quote from: rinaballerina on December 25, 2013, 03:18:48 AM
Whether intentional or not, I love how everyone matches in the 2nd photo. You and your family look so beautiful and happy! I love it!

It was totally intentional per my request and they were very much excited to see the before/after match as well. The only thing I did was crop it so that it matched :D Thank you very much I will let them know!

Quote from: Just Shelly on December 25, 2013, 08:51:26 AM
Very beautiful Jenny!!

Looks like the only thing that has changed is that you all got more beautiful :) Its so nice to see that nothing really changes with the people who love you......it looked like a very Merry Christmas last year and it looks like the same this year :)

Oh....did your mother and you coordinate on purpose?? lol

Awww... So very nice of you to say :) Indeed it has been the best 2 Christmas visits of my life. Even though last year's was a little bit distraught with confusion, it was still eye opening and fantastic in its own way. This year, though, has been an onslaught to my happy receptors. Almost every day I've been bawling from happiness at some point. Reuniting with old friends, seeing family members for the first time as me, and still more to come. Thank you again for the nice comment.

And as to the coordination, it was actually accidental but it worked out randomly in our favor :) Thanks for noticing!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! Love you all and thanks for all the lovely responses!
  •  

Violet Bloom

Hey, Jenny,

I came out to my mom shortly before Christmas last year too.  While I'm not yet along to the point of taking family photos en femme, the world of difference in my happiness is the same as yours between then and now!  It's clearly measurable in your expression.

•  

Just Ole Me

Quote from: Jennygirl on December 24, 2013, 11:45:30 PM
xmas eve night 2012 w/ my mom & step dad, shortly after starting HRT & coming out to them

xmas eve night 2013 w/ my mom & step dad :D

Without a doubt, the best year of my life so far. Merry Holidays everyone ;)

Cheers to 2014!!!!

Jenny, you look amazing. You are my new hero. I am so happy for you. You are living the dream for many of us.  Enjoy your new life. I bet you are still pinching yourself to make sure its all real.

Hugs

Kay
Just trying to find comfort in this "shell" that doesn't fit.  But I am "remodeling" the shell finally!
  •  

Michaela J.

Ugh, Jenny, you evoke the sort of envy that triggers dysphoria in me :( you're so beautiful.
  •  

Madison (kiara jamie)

xmas eve night 2012 w/ my mom & step dad, shortly after starting HRT & coming out to them

Cheers to 2014!!!!

Yay Jenny I'm not gonna lie I have seen you in  a few pictures and you always make me jealous and I might have a little bit of a girl crush on you, you look absolutely amazing

•  

izzy

Jenny your rocking christmas, good to see a nice family portrait. Your mother and you somehow coordinated outfits.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Violet Bloom on December 25, 2013, 10:35:05 AM
Hey, Jenny,

I came out to my mom shortly before Christmas last year too.  While I'm not yet along to the point of taking family photos en femme, the world of difference in my happiness is the same as yours between then and now!  It's clearly measurable in your expression.

Cheers to the co-happiness! That's the best!

Quote from: Just Ole Me on December 25, 2013, 11:08:43 AM
Jenny, you look amazing. You are my new hero. I am so happy for you. You are living the dream for many of us.  Enjoy your new life. I bet you are still pinching yourself to make sure its all real.

Hugs

Kay

Too sweet Kay, too sweet. Almost had to grab a Kleenex after I read this. Thank you dear :)

Strangely though, it just feels so normal. Even my parents have been saying it. Getting started with this last year I questioned whether or not my family would ever accept me at all... and now that we are through it and the acceptance is there, it's a bit like nothing is different at all.

I think I've realized something very important that I do want to share... I think a big part of why I've been so accepted is because I accepted myself early on. Every time I've been reunited with people here at home, it always just ends up feeling normal once they realize that I am still the same person (just with a different gender presentation). I can definitely say that I am not afraid to let the old me (or rather the me I've been all along) show through. I am not concerned with being "feminine enough" anymore or proving anything to anyone. Okay, so maybe I do spend a fair amount of energy trying to present especially well in these scenarios- but overall the end result is a feeling of normalcy that I had not expected.

I definitely notice it the most with my parents, who (bless their hearts) have had the hardest time with pronouns and my name this time around. My mom has been pretty good at it, but my step dad is really flubbing it up almost constantly. It does throw me off a lot, but I cannot get mad at them. I think that their mistakes are completely understandable, because it really just kind of feels like nothing has changed when just the 3 of us are together.

Quote from: Michaela J. on December 25, 2013, 03:03:59 PM
Ugh, Jenny, you evoke the sort of envy that triggers dysphoria in me :( you're so beautiful.

Thank you Michaela... not quite the reaction I was hoping at all to elicit from you, and I kind of want to apologize. There is no need to separate yourself from my good fortune with transitioning. After all, the blossoming of one flower is an encouraging reminder that all flowers are made to blossom in their own time. Even if it hasn't happened for you yet, there is no need to feel down on yourself about it.. and I wish you all the best in finding your way and find the experiences I share here merely as inspiration. I promise, I will do my best to share everything I have learned with you all. It is the least I can do for the amount of support and knowledge I have gained here.

Quote from: kiaraja on December 25, 2013, 07:01:44 PM
Yay Jenny I'm not gonna lie I have seen you in  a few pictures and you always make me jealous and I might have a little bit of a girl crush on you, you look absolutely amazing

Thanks kiaraja :) Ooooh a crush huh?!  :o :)

Quote from: izzy on December 25, 2013, 07:42:04 PM
Jenny your rocking christmas, good to see a nice family portrait. Your mother and you somehow coordinated outfits.

Thank you izzy! Yes that was purely accidental, but worked out rather nicely! I wish I had a pic of the whole outfit. Imagine black tights and fuzzy topped stiletto boots ;)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I've been watching movies in my PJ's with the parentals all day. It's not going to be easy to work off all of these cookies too... Can't freaking resist my mom's peanut butter kiss cookies.. Pure evil.
  •  

Shelly Lullaby

You know, Jenny,  I'm always interested when you post, you're kind of my hero and motivation not to give up.
To be perfectly honest, Kiaraja may not be the only one crushing on you - as a matter of  fact, you are nr2 on my "Most beautiful ever" list right after my goddess. But the truth is, admiring someone for their beauty and being enchanted by them, that's a bit different. For me, personality always comes first, you know what they say, intelligence is sexy.
So, I woke up and kind of immediately read your previous post and by the end of it, I had a smile on my lips, kinda the first in a while.
Wrapping it up, I just wanted to thank you for being awesome as you are. Go get them, Tiger  :-*
"All the hardest, coldest people you meet were once as soft as water. And that's the tragedy of living."
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Shelly Lullaby on December 26, 2013, 02:26:34 AM
You know, Jenny,  I'm always interested when you post, you're kind of my hero and motivation not to give up.
To be perfectly honest, Kiaraja may not be the only one crushing on you - as a matter of  fact, you are nr2 on my "Most beautiful ever" list right after my goddess. But the truth is, admiring someone for their beauty and being enchanted by them, that's a bit different. For me, personality always comes first, you know what they say, intelligence is sexy.
So, I woke up and kind of immediately read your previous post and by the end of it, I had a smile on my lips, kinda the first in a while.
Wrapping it up, I just wanted to thank you for being awesome as you are. Go get them, Tiger  :-*

I had to bite my lip while reading this, and I teared up quite a lot when I read about your smile. Thank you so much Shelly.

I wouldn't be the person I am today without beautiful words of encouragement like yours. It is a huge, huge compliment to me that you do not find me to be shallow-minded. Thank you again, and best wishes for you to keep going at it strong in the new year. HUGS!

Sheesh. I have been soo emotional after my last round of pellets... kind of more than ever. Cheers to the amazing girl juice. It makes life so much more real. And, there are even cookies- which I love.
  •  

Lauren5

I totally agree with Shelly, Jenny. I'd be happy if I was a tenth as beautiful as you are.
And you're not just all body, you've got a good brain too.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

bethany

Jennygirl you look absolutely stunning. Its so easy to see how happy you are, and how much love is shared between you and your parents.

You hit the nail on the head with this quote.
QuoteI think I've realized something very important that I do want to share... I think a big part of why I've been so accepted is because I accepted myself early on. Every time I've been reunited with people here at home, it always just ends up feeling normal once they realize that I am still the same person (just with a different gender presentation). I can definitely say that I am not afraid to let the old me (or rather the me I've been all along) show through. I am not concerned with being "feminine enough" anymore or proving anything to anyone. Okay, so maybe I do spend a fair amount of energy trying to present especially well in these scenarios- but overall the end result is a feeling of normalcy that I had not expected.

I have experienced the exact thing. If someone is being their authentic selves then they will be accepted as such. I recently came out to an old school friend whom I have not seen in twenty five or so years. And his reaction was of total acceptance. This quote is  a comment he made on my most recent photo.
QuoteNice pic. U go girl! I'll be down to visit. U are part of the best time in my past. Merry Xmas
  •  

PHXGiRL

Cheers to 2014!!!!

You are so beautiful Jenny. So meant to take this journey.  beautiful! beautiful! beautiful!
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Bethany Dawn on December 26, 2013, 03:59:00 AM
Jennygirl you look absolutely stunning. Its so easy to see how happy you are, and how much love is shared between you and your parents.

You hit the nail on the head with this quote.
I have experienced the exact thing. If someone is being their authentic selves then they will be accepted as such. I recently came out to an old school friend whom I have not seen in twenty five or so years. And his reaction was of total acceptance. This quote is  a comment he made on my most recent photo.

Thank you Bethany. It's definitely something we hear over and over again.. Acceptance of oneself is the most important part of transition.

Sounds like a great thing for your friend to say to you. You have accepted yourself as well and a big congratulations to you :)

Quote from: Serena Lynn on December 26, 2013, 09:33:54 AM
You are so beautiful Jenny. So meant to take this journey.  beautiful! beautiful! beautiful!

Thank you Serena. And you as well my dear were obviously meant for this journey. You were one of my main inspirations starting out. Always so beautiful and seemingly relaxed about the whole thing, you gave me a motherload of confidence that it was the right choice.. and your transformation is golden in my opinion. Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with those of us who really needed such a thing to get going :) You are awesome, this means a lot to me coming from you!
  •  

Antonia J

Quote from: Willow on December 26, 2013, 03:03:04 AM
I totally agree with Shelly, Jenny. I'd be happy if I was a tenth as beautiful as you are.
And you're not just all body, you've got a good brain too.

It's unanimous,  we all have girl crushes on Jenny.  After Abby's recent surgery we have to add her to the mix, and I've been crushing on Serena since I signed onto Susan's :)

You are all amazing for the paths you have taken and also your generosity and selflessness in sharing with the rest of us.  Thank you!
  •  

Violet Bloom

•  

GorJess

I wish I looked like Jenny, sounded like her...more motivation for me to work with makeup...I mean I look okay enough without it, but hey. Or do I, I don't know...my hope is I do but that's where you all come in, I need feedback.

Anyway...

Age 15:

Age 17:

Today (age 21, naked/pure/etc. face, 13.5 months HRT):

Genuinely don't care if you quote, these are making their way on a documentary anyway. :)

~Jessica
You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. -Woodrow Wilson

With Dr. Marci Bowers in San Mateo
  •  

Jennygirl

Sheesh! I'm glad I didn't sign up for okcupid! ;)

Well, it's official. I am so completely flattered that I don't even know what to say. All I know is... I'm proud to be a part of this community and I hope I get the chance to meet more people from here in person. So far the people I have actually met have been as good or better than I imagined from their online personas. And I like those odds of meeting more amazing people in real life!
  •  

Violet Bloom

Quote from: Jennygirl on December 26, 2013, 10:18:14 PM
Sheesh! I'm glad I didn't sign up for okcupid! ;)

Well, it's official. I am so completely flattered that I don't even know what to say. All I know is... I'm proud to be a part of this community and I hope I get the chance to meet more people from here in person. So far the people I have actually met have been as good or better than I imagined from their online personas. And I like those odds of meeting more amazing people in real life!

Look out - Valentine's Day is fast approaching! ;)

•  

Marieee

Quote from: Violet Bloom on December 26, 2013, 10:26:46 PM
  Look out - Valentine's Day is fast approaching! ;)
Sexy and Smart means no escape! :D Looking AMAZING Jenny!
~How we endure will justify, the history we leave behind.~
  •