Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misato

•  

samantha.mich

SamiT, thanks for sharing. I've had a consult with Dr. Zukowski and am planning to speak to Dr. Toby Mayer as well. May I ask what made you choose Dr. Rumor as I don't think I've heard much about this doctor. You look amazing and very natural. :)
  •  

SamiT

Samantha,

To be real honest it was a peer recommendation. Dr R has a big heart, I love her vision for our community. I knew I didn't need anything super aggressive. An hence I stayed away from the heavy hitters. I like Dr Z's work, he has done a fantastic job creating a look, it just wasn't for me. I think so much of transition is discovery of what makes us comfortable in our own skin. I'm a very unique individual and hence I wanted something that suited me. It has also lead me to some fantastic people that have been very important in my path forward. Dr R had trained under Dr Leis for a time and has some very solid skills in his own portfolio. Any more there are so many good surgeons. I urge you to look outside a little bit. Some people need that comfort factor of a surgeon that has a large practice and high profile. There are also some VERY talented professionals out there that just stay low key. I would urge you to go to one of the trans events as many of these practices are there.

Sami
  •  

Arcee

Can I just say how in awe I am of all of you here? I've been a lurker in this thread for quite a while since my friend Kate (she's "Just Kate" here) linked me to her before/after. I've only recently made the decision to be more proactive about my presentation (years and years of self-denial and suppression), and I'm still aiming more for genderqueer/androgynous than female (trying to keep a wife that doesn't want to be seen as a lesbian :(), but I'll still post before/after pics as soon as I can figure out how. (I think maybe my account isn't fully registered yet?)

Trying to figure myself out, one day at a time, and hoping it's true that 40 is the new 20. ;)
  •  

Jennygirl

Well it had been about a year since I'd worn my glasses.. stopped shortly after I began HRT. I think I will be wearing these more often again :)

Same couch, same glasses, same Jenny on the inside! 1yr later
  •  

Teela Renee

RedNeck girls have all the fun 8)
  •  

Misato

Quote from: Jennygirl on January 21, 2014, 02:59:10 AM
Well it had been about a year since I'd worn my glasses.. stopped shortly after I began HRT. I think I will be wearing these more often again :)

Looking great girl! And reminding me I need to get new frames. :)
  •  

Shantel

What a marvelous transition, who would possibly even guess? You look good in your glasses Jenny!
"Guys go for dames with good looking frames!"  ;D
  •  

samantha.mich

Sami, thanks so much for answering my questions! I guess I never realized that there are many more options out there for FFS then a select few....Thanks again!
Samantha
  •  

Jill F

Bravo!  You are such a fast healer, Jenny.  I love how Jennifer Finney Boylan put it- "Same monkeys, different barrel."

Anyway, today is my first estroversary.  My before/after should basically be evident in the avatar.  I'll update the pic after I get my face tweaked in March and drop a few more pounds.
  •  

Jennygirl

Thanks girls, and congrats Jill!

I probably won't wear the glasses unless I'm at work or doing detailed design stuff on the computer... I went a year without them, so I don't really need them.. but seeing perfectly clear is indeed nice :)
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Arcee on January 21, 2014, 12:57:30 AM
Can I just say how in awe I am of all of you here? I've been a lurker in this thread for quite a while since my friend Kate (she's "Just Kate" here) linked me to her before/after. I've only recently made the decision to be more proactive about my presentation (years and years of self-denial and suppression), and I'm still aiming more for genderqueer/androgynous than female (trying to keep a wife that doesn't want to be seen as a lesbian :(), but I'll still post before/after pics as soon as I can figure out how. (I think maybe my account isn't fully registered yet?)

Welcome, Arcee.  A number of aspects of the site will open to you after you have 15 posts.  That's just a security measure to protect the members from bots, spiders, and trolls.

You can always post images though.  Just open Jenny's post below yours, with the "quote" button, and look at her formatting.
  •  

Arcee

Quote from: Jamie D on January 21, 2014, 04:58:03 PM
Welcome, Arcee.  A number of aspects of the site will open to you after you have 15 posts.  That's just a security measure to protect the members from bots, spiders, and trolls.

You can always post images though.  Just open Jenny's post below yours, with the "quote" button, and look at her formatting.

Ah HA! That makes sense. Funny, I used to admin a forum a few years ago, you'd think I'd have realized this. Thanks for gently pointing me in the right direction.

So, here's me in 2005, full denial mode (shaved head, goatee and all):

And here I am last week, still boymode, but pushed quite a bit in the other direction. Not an "after" picture, by any means, but more like the first signpost on the way:

I hate how visible my beard shadow still looks in this pic, even though it's only like 5 minutes after shaving. Makeup is still a bit of a mystery to me.  ::)
Trying to figure myself out, one day at a time, and hoping it's true that 40 is the new 20. ;)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Arcee on January 21, 2014, 06:21:43 PM
Ah HA! That makes sense. Funny, I used to admin a forum a few years ago, you'd think I'd have realized this. Thanks for gently pointing me in the right direction.

And here I am last week, still boymode, but pushed quite a bit in the other direction:

I hate how visible my beard shadow still looks in this pic, even though it's only like 5 minutes after shaving. Makeup is still a bit of a mystery to me.  ::)

Hey there Arcee!
           That heavy dark beard reminds me of about how Jennygirl, that stunning beauty in the photos just above you looked just a little over a year ago. So it's not big thing my friend, it's all destined to go. You have a nice face and a winning smile.
  •  

Arcee

Quote from: Shantel on January 21, 2014, 06:28:11 PM
Hey there Arcee!
           That heavy dark beard reminds me of about how Jennygirl, that stunning beauty in the photos just above you looked just a little over a year ago. So it's not big thing my friend, it's all destined to go. You have a nice face and a winning smile.

Thanks, Shantel, that's very sweet of you to say, even if I have a hard time believing it.  :embarrassed:
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Arcee on January 21, 2014, 06:40:18 PM
Thanks, Shantel, that's very sweet of you to say, even if I have a hard time believing it.  :embarrassed:

Believe it, 9000 members here can't all be wrong.
  •  

Hayley

And here I am last week, still boymode, but pushed quite a bit in the other direction. Not an "after" picture, by any means, but more like the first signpost on the way:

I have to say your beard shadow doesn't look bad at all. Yes it's there but it won't be forever. You're first sign post is lovely and you look quite happy in that photo. Also from personal experience, I had super thick, fast growing facial hair. 5 o'clock shadow almost an hour after shaving. Hair removal (laser for me) has worked wonders.
Byes!!!! It's been real but this place isn't for me. Good luck in the future everyone.
  •  

Jennygirl

Shantel is right on all accounts. I could grow a beard in 4 days a little over a year ago.

My one suggestion, start getting that taken care of ASAP! I'm still not all the way done.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting your own pics. I agree with Shantel too, you've got a great smile and what looks to be a solid starting point :)
  •  

Jamie D

Boy mode?  Barely.  LOL

Yeah, for those with dark facial hair, laser might be a good place to start.  We have a hair removal board in the Beauty section.
  •  

Missy~rmdlm

A visit to sephora for having a consultation will give you an adult level crash course intro as well as learning what colors and products to be messing with (plan on spending a bit.) My first trip to Sephora on May 4 last year was the first time in my adult life my shadow actually was covered to invisible, amazing stuff, and educational too.

edit added: I concur on hair removal, I hammered my beard with 9 laser sessions and now at 30 hours electrolysis. I will post a before and after photo set [of 72 hours growth] right on this thread just before my SRS in April. It's already amazing.
  •