Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felicity

Hi everyone!

All of the before/after transformations I've seen thus far have been awe-inspiring. I do hope to one day build the courage to move forward in transitioning. My biggest problem is being my own worst critic. Here is my Instagram link of a few pictures pre-HRT, www.instagram.com/felicity_skye. Let me know your thoughts.  :)
  •  

Arcee

Aw, thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I needed it tonight, it's been a very stressful day.

Felicity: you're beautiful! If that's pre-HRT, you're going to be a knockout!
Trying to figure myself out, one day at a time, and hoping it's true that 40 is the new 20. ;)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Felicity on January 21, 2014, 09:25:45 PM
Hi everyone!

All of the before/after transformations I've seen thus far have been awe-inspiring. I do hope to one day build the courage to move forward in transitioning. My biggest problem is being my own worst critic. Here is my Instagram link of a few pictures pre-HRT, www.instagram.com/felicity_skye. Let me know your thoughts.  :)

Honey, we are all our own worst critics here, you don't have the corner on that issue, but my oh my you are so pretty to begin with, what's to criticize?
  •  

Felicity

Quote from: Arcee on January 22, 2014, 03:01:11 AM
Aw, thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I needed it tonight, it's been a very stressful day.

Felicity: you're beautiful! If that's pre-HRT, you're going to be a knockout!

Acree: Thank you, very sweet! I think you are going to be quite the bombshell yourself. Amazing how HRT has changed the features of everyone so far, so only imagine your beauty! I was a little hesitant in posting a link of my pictures at first; I haven't ran across many women of color like myself and was a little nervous. Not to say anything negative of the forum, but again me being my own worst critic.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Felicity on January 22, 2014, 09:08:14 AM
Acree: Thank you, very sweet! I think you are going to be quite the bombshell yourself. Amazing how HRT has changed the features of everyone so far, so only imagine your beauty! I was a little hesitant in posting a link of my pictures at first; I haven't ran across many women of color like myself and was a little nervous. Not to say anything negative of the forum, but again me being my own worst critic.

Don't think you are alone here hon, we have plenty of ladies of color as members here. Anyway, we all aspire to color blindness for the most part we are all Susan's big extended family.
  •  

Felicity

Quote from: Shantel on January 22, 2014, 09:06:10 AM
Honey, we are all our own worst critics here, you don't have the corner on that issue, but my oh my you are so pretty to begin with, what's to criticize?

Shantel: Thank you for such kind words! I agree, we all are and I'm working on it.
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Felicity on January 21, 2014, 09:25:45 PM
Hi everyone!

you look very attractive
  •  

Arcee

Quote from: Felicity on January 22, 2014, 09:08:14 AM

I'm glad you did post your pics. A good, healthy community should embrace and celebrate diversity of every kind, and I'm glad Susan's does. :)
Trying to figure myself out, one day at a time, and hoping it's true that 40 is the new 20. ;)
  •  

Hayley

Ok well I don't really present in public but I've noticed a change to just my "boymode" that I use at work. So I figured a little before and after of how I looked before to now (5 months hrt). I apologize for the quality of the photos and the super bright red hoodie. It's eye burning red.

Byes!!!! It's been real but this place isn't for me. Good luck in the future everyone.
  •  

Arcee

Quote from: Hayley on January 22, 2014, 11:11:56 AM
Ok well I don't really present in public but I I've noticed a change to just my "boymode" that I use at work. So I figured a little before and after of how I liked before to now (5 months hrt). I apologize for the quality of the photos and the super bright red hoodie. It's eye burning red.

Wow, what a difference 5 months can make! If I saw you on the street looking like that, my brain wouldn't say "boy".
  •  

Shantel

Hayley,
      What a doll you are, you clean up well! Between you and Jenny being forthcoming you give Arcee some real confidence in what is possible. Good going ladies, encouragement is what a support site is all about!
  •  

Hayley

Quote from: Arcee on January 22, 2014, 12:03:39 PM
Wow, what a difference 5 months can make! If I saw you on the street looking like that, my brain wouldn't say "boy".
Quote from: Shantel on January 22, 2014, 12:20:10 PM
Hayley,
      What a doll you are, you clean up well! Between you and Jenny being forthcoming you give Arcee some real confidence in what is possible. Good going ladies, encouragement is what a support site is all about!

Thank you Arcee and Shantel. I should say that the old before pic is slightly older then 5 months but my old hatred of photos kept them to a minimum.  My boy mode doesn't work as well with new/random people. The ones who've known me don't question it. Also I lost a bit of weight. Was up near the mid-high 150s and I am down under 125 now. I agree that Jenny is quite an inspiration, she is a stunning lady.
Byes!!!! It's been real but this place isn't for me. Good luck in the future everyone.
  •  

Bardoux

The bottom pic is boy mode? Those eyebrows look gorgeous but don't exactly scream man :P

You look wonderful Hayley :)

Felicity

Ok well I don't really present in public but I've noticed a change to just my "boymode" that I use at work. So I figured a little before and after of how I looked before to now (5 months hrt). I apologize for the quality of the photos and the super bright red hoodie. It's eye burning red.

Hayley:  You are indeed a prime example of how amazing transitioning can be.  Your results thus far are so inspirational and quick turn around only at 5 months HRT.  I can only imagine at your 1yr and 2yr mark how fulfilled you will be.  I am amazed at all the mtf and ftm transitions on this forum.  Congratulations, beautiful!   :)
  •  

stephaniec

yea, E's doing quite well. If you don't mind , how long ago was your avatar picture taken.
  •  

Hayley

Quote from: stephaniec on January 22, 2014, 05:20:26 PM
yea, E's doing quite well. If you don't mind , how long ago was your avatar picture taken.

2 1/2 months I believe. Which at the time I was only on E. Could've been closer to 3 but I didn't date it.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment Felicity it brought a huge smile to my face. I am truly in awe when I see others before and afters so many stunning individuals.

Quote from: Bardoux on January 22, 2014, 03:02:15 PM
The bottom pic is boy mode? Those eyebrows look gorgeous but don't exactly scream man :P

Yes that is my boy mode. And thank you for the compliment. Took me waaaaaay to long to pluck my eyebrows so I'm glad someone thinks they look good.
  •  

muffinpants

Absolutely adorable, Hayley! What a shocking change in such a short time. I would definitely not see you as a guy in the second pic.. when do you plan on going ft? And yes, awesome brows :P

Arcee- I think you are adorable, what a great start, I can't wait to see how hrt treats you! :)

Felicity- you look fabulous already! hrt will just be the icing on the cake!
  •  

Arcee

Quote from: muffinpants on January 22, 2014, 08:24:50 PM
Arcee- I think you are adorable, what a great start, I can't wait to see how hrt treats you! :)
Aw, you're sweet, thank you for boosting my self esteem. I feel like I still have a loooooong way to go.
  •  

JustEmily

The thing that absolutely blows my mind is the difference in face shape E makes.  I am in complete awe of some of the changes evident in these photos.  Very encouraging.
Not all who wander are lost.

-JRR Tolkien
  •  

Carlita

Not to repeat everyone else's comments, but ... I think the change is that your 'boy mode' isn't a boy!

OK, so I repeated ... but really, if that's boy mode, just how fabulously girly are you in girl mode?!  :)
  •