Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Miranda Catherine on March 18, 2014, 01:54:05 PM

I keep going back to the first photo because it's not only the worst photo ever taken of me, it's the way I saw myself. Obese, broken and suicidal. I now know it was taken within a few months of beginning HRT, July 22, 2011, and when I began living full time only six weeks later. In retrospect, I can't believe I had the courage or naiveté to actually begin living full time so soon after I looked so awful. The second is of me from last week. March 10, 2014. By the way, I've had no surgeries, just HRT, alcohol free for 2 yrs. 8 mo., and 45 lbs. lighter. I was actually 65 lbs. lighter, but gained back 20 lbs. since my brother got sick and passed away, July 10, 2013.                       

Looking beautiful now sweetheart, good to see you again!
  •  

JaneNicole2013

I keep going back to the first photo because it's not only the worst photo ever taken of me, it's the way I saw myself. Obese, broken and suicidal. I now know it was taken within a few months of beginning HRT, July 22, 2011, and when I began living full time only six weeks later. In retrospect, I can't believe I had the courage or naiveté to actually begin living full time so soon after I looked so awful. The second is of me from last week. March 10, 2014. By the way, I've had no surgeries, just HRT, alcohol free for 2 yrs. 8 mo., and 45 lbs. lighter. I was actually 65 lbs. lighter, but gained back 20 lbs. since my brother got sick and passed away, July 10, 2013.                       

Beautiful! This is very inspiring since we are probably about the same age...

Jane
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." -- Joseph Campbell

•  

emilyking

Everyone here just looks so fabulous!  You all are doing great.

Here is to everyone having a happy time in there life!
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: Shantel on March 18, 2014, 02:00:14 PM
Looking beautiful now sweetheart, good to see you again!
Hi Shan! Thank you very much for your kindness and it's good to see you again, too!
Quote from: JaneNicole2013 on March 18, 2014, 04:32:54 PM
Beautiful! This is very inspiring since we are probably about the same age...Jane
Hi Jane, I went to your profile and you gave me a HUGE compliment! I'm hitting the big SIX ZERO in August! I just wish I would have transitioned at 19, 29, 39 or 49, instead of 57, which is when I went full time after only six weeks on HRT.
Quote from: 930310 on March 18, 2014, 02:00:00 PM
Congratulations Miranda! You look a lot happier now!
Thank you young lady! I can't even measure the difference between now and then since happiness wasn't and had never been in my vocabulary until I transitioned. I won't say I'm always happy, but any depression I have to deal with now has nothing to do with living as a woman, but injuries, illness and surgical malpractice. And the fact remains that I've never once thought of de-transitioning. I was born female in everything except my body, (and that was pretty female for a long time) but when the time finally comes I'll die as a woman. 
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

Quote from: Miranda Catherine on March 19, 2014, 01:46:47 PM
Thank you young lady! I can't even measure the difference between now and then since happiness wasn't and had never been in my vocabulary until I transitioned. I won't say I'm always happy, but any depression I have to deal with now has nothing to do with living as a woman, but injuries, illness and surgical malpractice. And the fact remains that I've never once thought of de-transitioning. I was born female in everything except my body, (and that was pretty female for a long time) but when the time finally comes I'll die as a woman.
Thanks for calling me lady, i guess...
I'm not sure about who/what I am and I'm actually MAAB.
Right now I guess that I'm trying to be androgyne, but I do present as male though...
HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

barbie

It is a great achievement, considering your age and also the short period of 3 years. Congrats!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

•  

TerriT

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. From what I remember of your earlier posts you had an up and down relationship with him. I haven't spoken to my brother in 10 years. I hope you are doing better.

Congrats on your sobriety.

You look amazing, calm, wise and relaxed. Totally beautifull. I know you transitioned late and it is an absolute testament that you can always follow your dreams. So inspiring and so motivational. Thank you for sharing.
  •  

Danniella

God, it's been forever since I looked back at old photos...but some of the girls in this thread inspired me to do so.

Here goes!

Before:
Trying to find any actual images of myself pre transition is fairly difficult...I generally avoided cameras, not because I thought they would steal my soul or anything...I just hated how I looked :S

Oh look...an Alcoholic Scottish Artist...can anybody else say "Cliché?". I forgot how much muscle I used to have! I mean...look at that top right picture! I look like a bouncer at a night club! If I met past me now I would be intimidated...or tell him the winning lottery numbers...and to transition earlier...I should begin working on a time machine.

After:
I've been taking pictures regularly since I started transitioning, so these finding pictures was much easier ^^;

These were taken with in the last few weeks with the main one being taken only last night. I'm only just getting comfortable with the length of my hair to go girl mode without the wig...I do still like the red though, will probably dye my own hair some time...probably not quite THAT bright though ^^

4 months into my transition transition, I still have a hell of a long way to go!

I'm looking forward to posting another before and after when I am a year into my HRT...then two years in...then three years in!...you get the picture...

Get it?...PICTURE!?

I'll see myself out.
You say "Using humor as a defence mechanism" like it's a BAD thing!

•  

Quote from: Danniella on March 20, 2014, 08:14:26 AM
God, it's been forever since I looked back at old photos...but some of the girls in this thread inspired me to do so.

Here goes!

Before:
Trying to find any actual images of myself pre transition is fairly difficult...I generally avoided cameras, not because I thought they would steal my soul or anything...I just hated how I looked :S

Oh look...an Alcoholic Scottish Artist...can anybody else say "Cliché?". I forgot how much muscle I used to have! I mean...look at that top right picture! I look like a bouncer at a night club! If I met past me now I would be intimidated...or tell him the winning lottery numbers...and to transition earlier...I should begin working on a time machine.

After:
I've been taking pictures regularly since I started transitioning, so these finding pictures was much easier ^^;

These were taken with in the last few weeks with the main one being taken only last night. I'm only just getting comfortable with the length of my hair to go girl mode without the wig...I do still like the red though, will probably dye my own hair some time...probably not quite THAT bright though ^^

4 months into my transition transition, I still have a hell of a long way to go!

I'm looking forward to posting another before and after when I am a year into my HRT...then two years in...then three years in!...you get the picture...

Get it?...PICTURE!?

I'll see myself out.
Badum tss....
But jokes aside you look fresh and healthy in your pictures and that's great!

•  

Danniella

Quote from: 930310 on March 20, 2014, 09:01:30 AM
Badum tss....
But jokes aside you look fresh and healthy in your pictures and that's great!

Tell that to these diminishing muscles...went to move my TV the other day there...now I KNOW I put that on that side of the room myself with no problem 5 months ago...but I just about killed myself moving it the other day...the downsides of HRT I guess xD

But in general I do think I am a bit healthier now than I was...I'm off the drink...mostly...I still have my bad days and fall off the wagon on occasion, but I'm getting there, and I'm generally trying to be more healthy and positive about life :)
You say "Using humor as a defence mechanism" like it's a BAD thing!

•  

innainka

You wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the field against this guy

however, she would care not who is winning or who is simply there to have fun
  •  

Alaia

I'd just like to say that all you girls in this thread are amazing! I look forward to the day I can post my own mind blowing before and after photos. You are all just so inspirational. Thank you! :D

Quote from: Danniella on March 21, 2014, 09:29:14 AM
Tell that to these diminishing muscles...went to move my TV the other day there...now I KNOW I put that on that side of the room myself with no problem 5 months ago...but I just about killed myself moving it the other day...the downsides of HRT I guess xD

But in general I do think I am a bit healthier now than I was...I'm off the drink...mostly...I still have my bad days and fall off the wagon on occasion, but I'm getting there, and I'm generally trying to be more healthy and positive about life :)

Well you certainly look healthier and happier. Kudos for you!

@innainka - WOW! That is one incredible transformation!  :o 
You have certainly made quite the stunning woman! ^^

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Quote from: innainka on March 21, 2014, 11:05:02 PM
You wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the field against this guy

however, she would care not who is winning or who is simply there to have fun

I can't believe that it's the same person in both these pictures. Amazing!

•  

Henny

...however, she would care not who is winning or who is simply there to have fun

:-o

I'm a straight trans dude. Not that it matters just so you know where I'm comin' from.
I just want to say with all due respect, GAWWD DAMN. You are so sexy.
  •  

Henny

Quote from: Alaia on March 22, 2014, 03:48:57 AM
I'd just like to say that all you girls in this thread are amazing!

Yes. Seconded. You ladies look inCREDIBLE. This thread made my day.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on March 22, 2014, 05:55:51 PM
Since everyone is posting "formerly-badass" pics, I wanted to jump in too :D.

Yup, not being able to move TV around Your flat definitely sucks. I once was forced to move around a frigde - alone. And I got it down from 3rd floor with no issues... Now, if I crash into random stuff, it's me who is moving backwards :P.

And yes, You all do look amazing :).

Hi Emily!
    You've changed a lot through the face. You looked pretty buff with the horse, looks like you've lost a lot of muscle mass since you started.
  •  

swatch

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on March 22, 2014, 05:55:51 PM
Since everyone is posting "formerly-badass" pics, I wanted to jump in too :D.

Yup, not being able to move TV around Your flat definitely sucks. I once was forced to move around a frigde - alone. And I got it down from 3rd floor with no issues... Now, if I crash into random stuff, it's me who is moving backwards :P.

And yes, You all do look amazing :).
You're just not the same person, this is... I don't know, it's amazing because I can't understand such a change. You look quite amazing too.
This is ok, I guess.
  •  

Aina

Ooh look at you Emily, your looking really good. You look fantastic in the middle picture!
  •  

Christine167

You're becoming quite the cutie Emily. :)
  •