Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyra553

Quote from: Evelyn K on May 02, 2014, 06:53:20 PM
Hi. Frizzies after straight ironing right? And the worst is summer humidity.

I'm going to tell you how to fix it. Straight iron your hair with a Dimethicone and/or Cyclomethicone based silicone serum like Sabino Moisture Block or Pure Shine Frizz Remedy.

The absolute important thing - there are other frizz products - like Frizz Ease but they contain oils, water, alcohol, vitamins, conditioners and other garbage that will bend in humidity after being heat fused to the shaft. Avoid these, only get the purest unadulterated silicon product possible. Some exceptions are sunscreen ingredients like Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate.

Sabino Moisture Block - two ingredients only Dimethicone or Cyclomethicone (cons: cost, just a slightly greasy afterlook, but the strongest moisture block recommended for high humidity)
Pure Shine Frizz Remedy - three ingredients only Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (cons: none really. works for most regular days. Much cheaper.)

What I do is, after a shower I towel dry my hair. Then a quarter sized amount rubbed on my hands, then run it through the top section of my hair. Vice versa for sides, back, tails. Comb hair straight to evenly distribute product, set in the direction your style and hair part follows. Air dry for 15 minutes to help the shaft directions rest. Then blow dry, use light heat to reduce curling.

Straight iron your hair and you should make it through most of a hot humid day with just some frizz, or a winter day pin straight. :D

I use a tourmaline iron at 356 degrees, the iron slides through my particular hair like butter at that temp. I wouldn't go higher. Always sweep the iron through and moving so you don't damage or burn your hair.

Video test of Sabino Moisture Block

Good info, thanks  :-*

Quote from: Rachel85 on May 01, 2014, 09:29:22 AM
Never posted a pic on the forums so thought it was a good time, 10 months HRT in two days! Woo!

Before HRT Feb 2013
Going to a friends' wedding, I was not happy with wearing a suit.

9 months HRT March 2014
Straightened hair makes me happy! My normal extremely curly hair drives me nuts.

Definitely a over all improvement, I noticed how your lips look much fuller first. :) Though why is your hand in your shirt? :D
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Melissa_fox on May 02, 2014, 01:19:40 PM
Yes suits were a major dysphoria trigger for me as well.  Back then when I had to wear suits I had no idea why they made me so uncomfortable.
Agreed, I wouldn't even wear them to funerals. Instead I'd wear a black suede fringed jacket and dark top & black slacks with my hair in a pony. Some people looked at me funny because it was a totally andro look but it worked and kept me from having to wear one of those neck chokers, lol!

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Allyda on May 02, 2014, 08:11:59 PM
kept me from having to wear one of those neck chokers, lol!

Ally :icon_flower:[/font][/size][/color]

They're dangerous, someone could swing you around in a circle with it and strangle you to death. Suits, ties and men's dress shirts all went to Goodwill over 20 years ago here.
  •  

Kyra553

Quote from: Shantel on May 02, 2014, 09:17:50 PM
They're dangerous, someone could swing you around in a circle with it and strangle you to death. Suits, ties and men's dress shirts all went to Goodwill over 20 years ago here.

The cheap ones that tear like paper are good/safe to wear or a really tight one that dont allow figures to get in them. :)
  •  

E-Brennan

Quote from: Rachel85 on May 01, 2014, 09:03:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Hey __________, I just used a straightener, nothing too fancy but a drop of moisture and TWANG curly again. Drives me nuts!

Thanks!  I'll play with one this weekend and see what I can do.  Can't wait!   :)
  •  

Ms Grace

Fortunately I've never worked in a job where I needed (or was important enough) to wear a suit and tie. In part that was a deliberate choice. I own one tie and have worn it maybe twenty times since the early 1990s...
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

yoonsooyi

Hi everyone! I am in my third month on HRT. I used to look like a very scary man or even a devil >:-) >:-) >:-) :

Now  :angel: :angel: :angel: :

Still a long way to go. I hope everything will work out right. I have to work on a lot of issues... posture, walking, masculine calves, etc  >:(

•  

@Diana

Quote from: yoonsooyi on May 03, 2014, 12:10:25 AM
Hi everyone! I am in my third month on HRT. I used to look like a very scary man or even a devil >:-) >:-) >:-) :

Still a long way to go. I hope everything will work out right. I have to work on a lot of issues... posture, walking, masculine calves, etc  >:(
looking good for only 3 months on HRT .. Pick right make-up & hairstyle (maybe a bang?) , you'll be just fine :)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: DianaVV on May 03, 2014, 12:27:22 AM
looking good for only 3 months on HRT .. Pick right make-up & hairstyle (maybe a bang?) , you'll be just fine :)

Yoonsooy, not bad for a devil! Listen to Diana, she's got good advice. You are going to be a real little doll in no time!
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: yoonsooyi on May 03, 2014, 12:10:25 AM

I agree with Auntie Shan and Diana Yoonsooyi, you'll be a knockout in no time! :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Rachel85 on May 01, 2014, 09:29:22 AM
Never posted a pic on the forums so thought it was a good time, 10 months HRT in two days! Woo!

Before HRT Feb 2013
Going to a friends' wedding, I was not happy with wearing a suit.

9 months HRT March 2014
Straightened hair makes me happy! My normal extremely curly hair drives me nuts.

Oh my goodness Rachel! That's a lot of change lol. I do sense a bit of unhappiness in that photo of you in a suit, for sure.
  •  

@Diana

Quote from: Allyda on May 03, 2014, 10:41:58 AM
I agree with Auntie Shan and Diana Yoonsooyi, you'll be a knockout in no time! :icon_flower:

hehe Ally xx  ;D

Quote from: Shantel on May 03, 2014, 09:17:04 AM
Yoonsooy, not bad for a devil! Listen to Diana, she's got good advice. You are going to be a real little doll in no time!

yesssssssssss Auntie Shan :D
  •  

yoonsooyi

Quote from: DianaVV on May 03, 2014, 12:27:22 AM

I like that idea!  :) :) :) I think I'm getting myself some bangs next week! Thank you, Di!
  •  

@Diana

Quote from: yoonsooyi on May 04, 2014, 03:46:32 AM
I like that idea!  :) :) :) I think I'm getting myself some bangs next week! Thank you, Di!

you're welcome yoonsooyi ! cant wait to see you with bang  ;D
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: kate on May 04, 2014, 10:36:18 AM
Not a before and after, but i'm coming up to 8-9 months on a high dose of E and P pellets (a few months of low dose patches before).

Pretty impressive change already Kate, very nice!
  •  

barbie

Quote from: kate on May 04, 2014, 10:36:18 AM
Not a before and after, but i'm coming up to 8-9 months on a high dose of E and P pellets (a few months of low dose patches before).

Before:

8-9 months (trying out different dresses for the first time):

Kate,

Yes. Such a dramatic change. You seem to be more happy and beautiful now.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Evelyn K

•  

Evelyn K

Yeah I looked the same size as you before hrt. Oh gawd please muscles go away. please please please.
  •  

Evelyn K

Yeah asians really have it a little easier when transitioning IMO. I'm half Korean and the glowing skin and the filling out of cheeks is just insane.
  •  

@Diana

awww you are so cute Kate, both before & after :) great job girl friend !  ;)

may I ask where are you originally from ?
  •