Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary81

Hi Hikari,
Thank you. That is really nice to hear! Following Jennygirl's advice I started using a Retin-A cream. I have been using it for about 2 months, with a few weeks off ahead of laser and after my rhinoplasty. I am very happy with it and can echo her recommendation.  I suppose losing the mustache helped too :) 
  •  

Autumn

Quote from: Rachael on June 02, 2014, 02:02:43 AM
Wow! Emily nice progression. Looking really pretty.
Thank you! :)
And thank you, Kimberley.

Breenyan

Quote from: barbie on May 31, 2014, 02:00:37 AM
How about wearing eye makeup?

barbie~~

it just isn't my thing. my sister doesn't wear eye makeup either. and nor does my mom. we just don't really like doing it.

also at most recent photo posters: How are your shoulders so narrow! y'all make me jealous (and before you ask, yes i live in an area where y'all is a commonly used phrase)
I like pandas?
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: Mary81 on June 02, 2014, 03:20:58 AM
8 months HRT,  hair transplants, tracheal shave and a rhinoplasty. Still a long way to go, but getting a little better.

1 year ago

Yesterday

•  

Megan Joanne

Was spending some time (came back from walking my dog, was getting ready to stitch, got distracted, by internet of coarse) looking through many of the pages in this topic, and some of you all are simply amazingly dramatically transformed, got me looking carefully think, huh, nah, can't be the same person. Yeah, just wow. :o

Okay, I think I posted in this topic some years ago, but going to again, most likely the same old image I used of the old me, but I don't have very many good ones to choose from that show me well enough close up. After smiling my way through here I decided to make a before and after showing similar poses (even sporting the ponytail the same), trying to snap one of me now as close as possible to my old self (my camera got pretty hot to touch, kept knocking the darned thing down too, surprised it didn't break) for a more accurate show of transformation; of coarse there is a big age gap between then and now, but I think I still look good (camera is being overly generous I think, my skin looks too amazing as I'm only wearing lipstick on my lips, nothing else).

Only things done different with my face since then, hormones, though unfortunately not consistently, especially in recent years, no facial hair of coarse, eyebrows thinner from years of plucking, that's it. Not all that drastic, but I'm okay with me face, though there was a time that I hated to look at it, now I can't see myself ever having wanted to look like someone else, like my sister for example--before hormones I used to envy her, thought she was so lucky to be so pretty, but in time I grew to appreciate my own features.

?/?/1995 - 6/2/2014
  •  

Evelyn K

Hey Meg, your hairline appears fuller. Did it fill in on HRT?

And your skin changed to something kinda awesomeness. The gal version of you is better.

Like OMG better.

•  

Megan Joanne

Quote from: Evelyn K on June 03, 2014, 12:54:17 AM
Hey Meg, your hairline appears fuller. Did it fill in on HRT?

And your skin changed to something kinda awesomeness. The gal version of you is better.

Like OMG better.

No, looking at my hairline in that old picture and myself in the mirror now, actually looks exactly the same, my hair is just prettier now (back then I just kinda kept it wild, never did anything with it, ooh, this reminds me, there's a picture I need to find that I may want to share, shows a little more of me then, just wonder how I can do a before and after for that one). While I tried to duplicate how my hair was, my bangs currently aren't quite long enough to pull all the way back without hair clips so the top just appears fuller in that pic. Also, I used to wet my hair a lot back then, looks like it is in that picture (or maybe I had just taken a shower or something before that).

I agree. It did wonders with my skin. Still oily but not excessively and very few zits (perhaps a few per year compared to thousands then).

I look at myself then and now, its so weird how with the passing of so much time that he looks like a stranger to me. The face structure is the same, but the subtle differences are big. I hated my facial hair (but never shaved it for some years until I realized I was a girl), nasty coarse strands (like pubic hair, eew), but thankfully I never had a full beard.
  •  

Hikari

@Megan Joanne: Are you sure that is HRT or did a Vampire bite you? Because, you don't appear to have aged despite the vast span between those pictures!
Also I envy your skin lol
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

LittleEmily24

Still early for me but what the hell :P

Pre-HRT:

First week of HRT:

Yesterday:

Excuse the "selfie" pose lol  i was bored in my car and waiting for my wife to get out of work >_<

Still got a long way to go, but I can't say I'm not happy with the results so far. My hair is actually much longer than my first week, you just cant see it because i have really curly hair and i take advantage of it by using curl-construct mouse xD (currently about lip length compared to before when it was only ear-length)
  •  

EllieM

Wow! So pretty. You are well on your way Em :)
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: LittleEmily24 on June 03, 2014, 12:36:29 PM
Yesterday:

You look better transitioning. I don't know, it seems to me that if my partner was blossoming, I'd want to stay and be a part of that miracle as well. It's so much less boring.

It would certainly make for a lot of interesting life moments.
  •  

Megan Joanne

Quote from: Hikari on June 03, 2014, 09:33:10 AM
@Megan Joanne: Are you sure that is HRT or did a Vampire bite you? Because, you don't appear to have aged despite the vast span between those pictures!
Also I envy your skin lol

Haha, that's funny! :laugh:

I had just finished up posting that before and after last night just before my mom came in from work, and I was showing her the pics (myself from then to now, as well as 25-30 pages going back of other peeps pictures (she was amazed at some of the changes, like some of you never looked to had been guys ever), but anyway, she was astounded by how much I changed, saying that I (my old me) don't even look like me (now). And we were going over the differences and that's the one thing that struck is, you know, it has been about 19 or so years since that picture was taken and I barely looked to have aged at all. I do think if I hadn't ever gotten on the hormones though I may have aged a lot faster, because despite general life problems they made me feel better about myself which I know could be a big factor in how you age. :o ;D But, whatever I'm doing I must be doing something right.

And thanks again everyone for the compliments. <3 Certainly it does lift me up a bit, because it this time in my life sometimes I look at myself and I don't see the beauty there at all. I'm doing everything I can to keep my spirits up (exercise, earrings, a tad bit of make-up, showing my legs as much as possible, singing--or attempting to--along to my favorite songs). Today so far, not sure why, but I've been smiling a lot (but that is for another topic).

•  

LittleEmily24

Quote from: Evelyn K on June 03, 2014, 02:36:08 PM
You look better transitioning. I don't know, it seems to me that if my partner was blossoming, I'd want to stay and be a part of that miracle as well. It's so much less boring.

It would certainly make for a lot of interesting life moments.

Forgive me if I seem a bit confused by your post 0_o
  •  

Evelyn K

Oh no worries, I was being introspective about what it would be like to be married and transitioning knowing there might be road bumps.

Some men transition, and look ridiculous and expect their wives to stand by them. Others look better in transition, I regard it as frosting on the cake.
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: Megan Joanne on June 03, 2014, 03:09:05 PM
And thanks again everyone for the compliments. <3 Certainly it does lift me up a bit, because it this time in my life sometimes I look at myself and I don't see the beauty there at all. I'm doing everything I can to keep my spirits up (exercise, earrings, a tad bit of make-up, showing my legs as much as possible, singing--or attempting to--along to my favorite songs). Today so far, not sure why, but I've been smiling a lot (but that is for another topic).

Megan are kidding me? You are friggen gorgeous. I'm not going to post it here, that's your biz, but I'm referring to the Show yourself thread. I vote no glasses BTW. I would so make out with you. Probably marriage and have your baby's. too. (Not that you would me. ;D)

Just saying! Weeee!!!
  •  

Megan Joanne

Quote from: Evelyn K on June 03, 2014, 03:48:35 PM
Megan are kidding me? You are friggen gorgeous. I'm not going to post it here, that's your biz, but I'm referring to the Show yourself thread. I vote no glasses BTW. I would so make out with you. Probably marriage and have your baby's. too. (Not that you would me. ;D)

Just saying! Weeee!!!

??? , :embarrassed: ,   :-X  ,    :-\  ,  ;D

You made me almost choke on my sandwich!

Oh...well...ugh...I...'blushes some more'...

But we hardly know each other. And hey, I'll be the one having the kids, thank you very much.  What'm I, nuts! :D
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Breenyan on June 02, 2014, 07:43:40 PM
it just isn't my thing. my sister doesn't wear eye makeup either. and nor does my mom. we just don't really like doing it.

also at most recent photo posters: How are your shoulders so narrow! y'all make me jealous (and before you ask, yes i live in an area where y'all is a commonly used phrase)

I enjoy wearing eye makeup. Probably eye makeup is the most important in women's makeup, if you interact with people frequently. You will realize how much change can be made in everyday's life by such a subtle decoration in your eyes.

The width of my shoulder is normal compared with many tall women here, and certainly greater than my wife. Yes. Boys used to make fun of my narrower shoulders when I was teens. I like women with wide shoulders, and I once fell in love with a girl with very wide shoulders.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Just Shelly

Quote from: LittleEmily24 on June 03, 2014, 12:36:29 PM
Still early for me but what the hell :P

Pre-HRT:

First week of HRT:

Yesterday:

Excuse the "selfie" pose lol  i was bored in my car and waiting for my wife to get out of work >_<

Still got a long way to go, but I can't say I'm not happy with the results so far. My hair is actually much longer than my first week, you just cant see it because i have really curly hair and i take advantage of it by using curl-construct mouse xD (currently about lip length compared to before when it was only ear-length)
You are very attractive!

The changes aren't too dramatic.....but only because you were already attractive before!! :)

I would say the biggest change is the face hair....duh!! But your complexion is fantastic!! :) One of the reason I wish I would of transitioned earlier.
I had someone comment about all my freckles today, it wasn't a bad comment, actual from a man commenting if I was a red head at one time. I never was but when summer comes the freckles just pop out like zits!!

You should be happy with the results....it will only get better!!
  •  

Just Shelly

Quote from: Megan Joanne on June 02, 2014, 10:08:45 PM
Was spending some time (came back from walking my dog, was getting ready to stitch, got distracted, by internet of coarse) looking through many of the pages in this topic, and some of you all are simply amazingly dramatically transformed, got me looking carefully think, huh, nah, can't be the same person. Yeah, just wow. :o

Okay, I think I posted in this topic some years ago, but going to again, most likely the same old image I used of the old me, but I don't have very many good ones to choose from that show me well enough close up. After smiling my way through here I decided to make a before and after showing similar poses (even sporting the ponytail the same), trying to snap one of me now as close as possible to my old self (my camera got pretty hot to touch, kept knocking the darned thing down too, surprised it didn't break) for a more accurate show of transformation; of coarse there is a big age gap between then and now, but I think I still look good (camera is being overly generous I think, my skin looks too amazing as I'm only wearing lipstick on my lips, nothing else).

Only things done different with my face since then, hormones, though unfortunately not consistently, especially in recent years, no facial hair of coarse, eyebrows thinner from years of plucking, that's it. Not all that drastic, but I'm okay with me face, though there was a time that I hated to look at it, now I can't see myself ever having wanted to look like someone else, like my sister for example--before hormones I used to envy her, thought she was so lucky to be so pretty, but in time I grew to appreciate my own features.

?/?/1995 - 6/2/2014

Its weird....you look so much different yet so much the same minus the face hair.

Its the same thing I just commented on for Emily. It seems if your attractive to begin with you only become more attractive and the changes aren't as dramatic. Like I said an another post to you...you are very cis looking and pretty. I know its hard for you to believe that and maybe even see it for yourself, but its the truth.

I am in no way nearly as attractive as you are, but I have had positive things said about me from people I work with and even people I am not that familiar with. I also have been told similar things on here when I post a pic. even though I appreciate all the positive comments and they do make me feel good....its somewhat not the same since the opinions come from people from a "support" point of view rather than just a casual point of view. Though maybe I am thinking this wrong ????

I would love to hang with you....I would easily settle for being the ugly chick that hangs with the good looking ones...I'll take the guys you turn down LOL
  •