Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

makeup question.

Started by kariann330, July 10, 2013, 05:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kariann330

So i was wondering if anyone knows how long makeup can last if unopened. Im mostly wondering about foundation because i found a buy 2 get 1 free deal.
I need a hero to save me now, i need a hero to save my life, a hero will save me just in time!!

"Don't bother running from a sniper, you will just die tired and sweaty"

Longest shot 2500yards, Savage 110BA 338 Lapua magnum, 15X scope, 10X magnifier. Bipod.
  •  

A

Honestly, like a lot of non-food products, even after expiration, there's a good chance it'll still be usable. It's not like it's going to rot. Maybe it'll degrade a little (and even then, not sure... I have make-up removing water that expired months ago and I never saw a difference), but apart from, say, lipstick that would dry and just refuse to be applied, it would be surprising if you had to throw it away. I'm not sure, but maybe you can put the spare one in the fridge. Stuff tends to last longer in there.

PS: In the future, I think it would be good if you tried to make your topic titles more significant. For example, "makeup question" is very vague, but "How long does make-up last?" tells us what the topic is about right away.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

kariann330

Thanks everyone. Sadly i didn't see mineral based foundation which is what i found.
I need a hero to save me now, i need a hero to save my life, a hero will save me just in time!!

"Don't bother running from a sniper, you will just die tired and sweaty"

Longest shot 2500yards, Savage 110BA 338 Lapua magnum, 15X scope, 10X magnifier. Bipod.
  •  

A

Uhm. Minerals aren't a liquid, so it can't be mineral-based... it must be either water or oil-based, right? Or if yours is purely powder, I guess it can have no base at all... which would mean, uhm, that it'll just never expire unless it catches humidity and clogs up?

Now, the problem is that not all make-up products say their ingredients. For some obscure reason I guess the law doesn't force them to. So there's a chance you'll never know.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

A

Uhm, bacteria? I'm curious, why would bacteria want to multiply in a relatively chemical environment, rich in minerals but absolutely poor in energy nutrients (sugar, fat, etc.)?
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Nicolette

I'm partial to ignoring all "use by dates" for food, mineral and otherwise. They're there for legal reasons, not for practical ones. I have foundation and lipstick dated from the 90s that I still use occasionally. I have mascara I bought years ago too that I also occasionally use. I've never had any problems.
  •