Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Your experience post orchiectomy

Started by Tessa James, July 21, 2013, 07:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessa James

My transition is going very well but I consider taking the spiro a minor risk factor for my health and occasionally something of a hassle (like forgetting them on a trip!)  Prior to coming out I was almost ready to do my own orchi due to my dysphoria.  My dysphoria was not genitally directed but we know what those gonads make and I was sick of it.  Having plenty of time to consider this I would appreciate knowing about your experience post orchiectomy.  Do you notice a difference in, well, anything as compared to being on the androgen blockers?  Libido, erections, recovery and ??  Low testosterone is achievable either way but what advantages or concerns have you personally experienced?  At my age and status GRS is not, yet, a goal and I am not planing to be out dating but we never know until the fat lady sings?

Thank you for sharing,
Tessa James
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Tristan

Yeah it's a good thing. I know when I had mine it was such a smooth recovery . Me and the others that had gotten it done were very surprised at how easy it was? The hot flashes and mood swings for the first two days gave people whiplash though. I loved that my hormone dosage had decreased with it. And that spiro and androcur were no longer needed
  •  

Tessa James

Thank you dear ones.  You are very reassuring.  If I push it maybe I can extend that "no lifting anything" for a few months ha ha ha.  And I probably should be chauffeured around for months to avoid driving during any flashy whiplash events too?  Oh, of course I am just teasing myself but I am very happy to hear about your positive experiences.  My emotional roller coaster has not been a problem so far and I actually like feeling and allowing myself the luxury of a deeper emotional experience.  I was one of those boys that too often hid my crying or sensitive side.  SO much better now.

Gratefully yours,
Tessa
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •