Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Help support Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Started by Susan, July 22, 2013, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Quote from: Alice Danielle on September 16, 2013, 05:59:51 AM
How does one become a global moderator?  Do you have to have another position first?  Be here for a certain length of time?  Put your name in the hat and wait for someone else to retire?  I basically am on here enough that I've read almost every post made in the last month (besides posts specifically pointed towards FTMs, I feel I have nothing to gain or give from reading about STPs and Binders.)

GMs are chosen by FA with Susan. Generally we need to have a certain level of maturity, although that is sometimes in doubt! You need broad understanding of peoples issues and capable of communicating with a wide range of people. You also need to make some sort of personal commitment to the time you can spend here. It isn't any use having all the GMs in the USA when the site runs 24/7. So we need people in different time zones.

We need unblemished records, or show that we have overcome the problems we had. We have to be non-judgmental, but also judge!

It looks as if being a GM is a heap of fun, and it can be. Very few willingly walk away except for the one thing we have to face. Stress. It is a lot of work. It is emotional, it tears your heart out at times. We have very little room for error and we have to make decisions in the middle of the night when there is no one to ask advice. If we make the wrong one we sure hear about it from the members and from the Boss.

There are as far as I know no qualifying rules as such. There is a sort of limit on the numbers, there is no reason for too many, otherwise we get in each others way.

One thing I personally think is important is that you need to know yourself, you need to know your soul because you will see and read and hear things that will shake you to your core.

Pride is our enemy, compassion our weakness, love our strength.

It is a lot of fun, but it can hurt a lot.

You also have to be branded and put up with Devlyn and Jamie

•  

Devlyn

Nice reply Cindy, much better than the standup routine I was preparing! In my case, I had never even thought about the job. I was going through my usual routine of introductions & hugs when I got a PM from Fitter Admin asking if I wanted to try moderating. That was a quick decision for me, I was a mod fifteen minutes later. Turns out they need fourteen minutes to heat up the branding iron!
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Cindy on September 16, 2013, 06:21:15 AM
You also have to be branded and put up with Devlyn and Jamie

Ooooohhhhhh!!!!!  I might do it just for that!  Can I pick the brand??

... sorry got carried away there...

-Sandy(imagining the possibilities)
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Sandy on September 17, 2013, 06:00:04 AM
Ooooohhhhhh!!!!!  I might do it just for that!  Can I pick the brand??

... sorry got carried away there...

-Sandy(imagining the possibilities)

Hmmmm, we're gonna need a bigger fire for that IMAGINING THE POSSIBILITIES branding iron!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 17, 2013, 07:35:55 AM
Hmmmm, we're gonna need a bigger fire for that IMAGINING THE POSSIBILITIES branding iron!

How about "USDA Choice" for special cuts?
  •  

Sandy

Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

•  

Devlyn

•  

Robin Mack

So... I subscribed.  :)  It's well worth it, to me, and I hope my $10/month helps. 

Now... how do I get that subscriber bar to show up, so i can start quietly shaming others into subscribing too?  :)

Hugs and love to all!

-Robin
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: robinmack on October 11, 2013, 02:24:57 PM
So... I subscribed.  :)  It's well worth it, to me, and I hope my $10/month helps. 

Now... how do I get that subscriber bar to show up, so i can start quietly shaming others into subscribing too?  :)

Hugs and love to all!

-Robin

'Tis done. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Robin Mack

•  

lexi

hi susan ,
            my name is lexis & im new to your site . id love to contribute but at this time im on ssd with no job & thats not even enough to get by on . i hope i may be able to contribute on my next due date in nov. .
i filled out a profile but dont what im limited to . i dont know how to get into chats or write anyone , i dont know if anyone is even able to see my profile . i guess you can say im kinda of desperate to meet people as im alone feeling great after sevent months of hrt . im also very scared at the same time & dont know why . i need to  meet people to get the boost that i need . any & all responses will be greatly appreciated .
thank you
lexis
:angel:hi everyone my name is lexis & im new to susans place . im seven months on my hrt & i feel great but also scared at the same time . id like to meet people that have gone through the transition & learn of there experience . i dont know anyone around my area and there is no place close by to meet anyone .
please feel free to leave me a message
i love to hear from everyone even if its a qu
  •  

DriftingCrow

Quote from: lexi on October 20, 2013, 04:02:17 AM
hi susan ,
            my name is lexis & im new to your site . id love to contribute but at this time im on ssd with no job & thats not even enough to get by on . i hope i may be able to contribute on my next due date in nov. .
i filled out a profile but dont what im limited to . i dont know how to get into chats or write anyone , i dont know if anyone is even able to see my profile . i guess you can say im kinda of desperate to meet people as im alone feeling great after sevent months of hrt . im also very scared at the same time & dont know why . i need to  meet people to get the boost that i need . any & all responses will be greatly appreciated .
thank you
lexis

welcome to Susan's Place Lexi. :) Don't worry if you can't afford to donate, you're still a member of the community. We can see your  profile by clicking on your name, you can write people Personal Messages after you have 15 posts. I've never been into the chat, but I believe its still accessible for those who haven't donated.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Sandy

Susan:

I thought I was set up for a monthly donation of $20 USD.  I looked at my donation stats and nothing appears.  I know that there has been money checked out of my PayPal account, but I don't see it on the site.

If there is a problem, I'd like to get it straightened out.  I do want to support.

Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks!

-Sandy
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Susan

You are setup as a subscriber, subscriptions do not increase the donation totals. They are separate systems.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Susan on November 20, 2013, 04:53:22 PM
You are setup as a subscriber, subscriptions do not increase the donation totals. They are separate systems.

That explains my confusion, thanks Susan!

-Sandy (the easily confused)
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

Sent my payment not sure if it has been received.

•  

Cindy

•