Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Help support Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Started by Susan, July 22, 2013, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

Okay paypal just sent a second payment automatically and says I have it set up to send automatically once a month except I do not recall setting that up as I prefer doing it manually each month as it helps me control my finances alot more easily, in other words I didn't want that second amount removed from my bank balance as I paid this months fees and I really need that 10.00 dollars is there a way to reverse it? I do not know how it was set up to do it automatically but it says if I cancel it I can't open it again so does that mean I won't be able send payments at all anymore?

Paypal still confuses me.

•  

Susan

If you cancel the payment the current month will run in full. There's a check box to do a payment automatically.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Susan

I want to thank everyone who has stepped up to help out without your help I would be totally underwater financially. Even with the current level of support it's only bringing in enough to ease the pinch somewhat. I am not yet even breaking even. So it's greatly appreciated!
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

Well it is cancelled. Weird thing is I never checked a box to make payments automatic so I am not sure what happened.

•  

Muffinheart

Quote from: justpat on July 24, 2013, 09:26:56 PM
  Hi Susan,
  When doing a yearly subscription can I pay with a regular credit card ? I don't use Paypal.

Resulting from a bad experience with Pay Pal and EBay (two services I'll never use again), I'm looking to make contribution via credit card.
Please advise how.
Thank you
  •  

Susan

I don't have any way to accept credit card other than paypal. Sorry :(
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

CHELLIE

Thank You Susan for such a Wonderful Forum, lots of Info here, I will help to Donate to help keep it going, I know its a Financial burden big time, Take care, Chellie
  •  

DriftingCrow

Quote from: Muffinheart on February 10, 2015, 09:38:13 AM
Resulting from a bad experience with Pay Pal and EBay (two services I'll never use again), I'm looking to make contribution via credit card.
Please advise how.
Thank you

Quote from: Susan on February 10, 2015, 11:16:08 AM

I hear Dwolla is another good alternative if you want to send money you just need the other's e-mail. The person on the receiving end, if they want to receive the money, can set up a dwolla account and have it go to their bank account. The fees are supposedly lower than paypal and business friends of mine recommended it to me before.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Muffinheart

Quote from: DriftingCrow on February 19, 2015, 09:07:16 PM
I hear Dwolla is another good alternative if you want to send money you just need the other's e-mail. The person on the receiving end, if they want to receive the money, can set up a dwolla account and have it go to their bank account. The fees are supposedly lower than paypal and business friends of mine recommended it to me before.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I tried to send money via email to a friend in the US, but because I'm in Canada and the transaction on my end is Canadian dollars, the transaction was rejected by her bank.

I will try this Dwolla thingie.

Nina
  •  

Muffinheart

•  

Shawn Sunshine

I simply cannot use paypal as I am having a dispute with them and my account there has been frozen for some time. I do not see myself being able to use the account until probably after 2015. I still would like to donate and/or subscribe, so if you had a way to offer via money order or moneygram or western union or via some sort of person to person transfer, that would be helpful. Or I could snail mail to a P.O. or Private Mailbox or even use a mail forwarding service.

I have had nothing but problems with PayPal, and I have a legal dispute which i cannot discuss further.

Please let me know Susan
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

I remember it use to be that you could still make a payment via paypal using a debit/credit card without actually having to sign in or have an account, to just make a payment.

*Edit*  Ok Now I see in fact it lets you just pay, no account needed :)   :angel:

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

CB

Quote from: Susan on February 10, 2015, 11:16:08 AM

Sorry I am not willing to use Paypal either!   And for a very good reason!

To be quite candid if you want people to make donations (and I would be) you need to give them a choice and not limit yourself to one payment system.  By not providing other options you are potentially excluding a large number of donations.

•  

Susan

You do know that you can pay via paypal without having an account.  If you don't wanna use paypal even that much how about you giving me a workable alternative for online payments, and I will take a look at it.  Believe me I have looked for one.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: Susan on March 24, 2015, 08:32:45 PM
You do know that you can pay via paypal without having an account.  If you don't wanna use paypal even that much how about you giving me a workable alternative for online payments, and I will take a look at it.  Believe me I have looked for one.

Its good that at least you can still donate with a CC that way. I remember before paypal, before ebay bought paypal though, it was even harder then.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Muffinheart

Quote from: CB on March 24, 2015, 06:26:27 PM
Sorry I am not willing to use Paypal either!   And for a very good reason!

To be quite candid if you want people to make donations (and I would be) you need to give them a choice and not limit yourself to one payment system.  By not providing other options you are potentially excluding a large number of donations.

Yep, I'm the same. After Pay pal f'd up my eBay account, I vowed never to support eBay/pay pal again.
Lol, didn't think I could hold a grudge so long, but it must be five years now.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

I still like Ebay, just not PayPal, but its the same company lol....i guess its like saying I like Cherry Pepsi, but not Lime Pepsi

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Susan

The thing to remember is that you are not supporting Paypal or Ebay, you are supporting this web site.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: Susan on March 24, 2015, 09:16:21 PM
The thing to remember is that you are not supporting Paypal or Ebay, you are supporting this web site.

TRUTH

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Pia Bianca

Quote from: Susan on March 24, 2015, 08:32:45 PM
If you don't wanna use paypal even that much how about you giving me a workable alternative for online payments, and I will take a look at it.  Believe me I have looked for one.

What about bitcoin? I was told it is so much better.

That said, I still like paypal. I'd sent a donation immediately if I could afford it. There will eventually be better times allowing me to donate.
  •