Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Help support Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Started by Susan, July 22, 2013, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine A.

My take on it... paypal has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is I don't expand list of places that have my bank card or credit card info. The disadvantage is, I can't get recurring subcription because paypal requires permissions I am not willing to give them. They misbehaved with use of my bank account in the past.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Martine A.

I have a couple of questions. Previously I was unable to sign up for recurring subscription because paypal wants to be able to sip freely one of my accounts. There is no way I am letting them do that again. So, say my current subscription ends on

July 12, 2015, 10:21:00 pm

1) What happens to my content here if I fall into a gap between two subscriptions? Gap meaning a period I am not subscribed.
2) Is there a way to subscribe earlier but still to have subscription extended to:

August 12, 2015, 10:21:00 pm?

Thanks. :)
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Susan

Nothing happens to your content.

No there is no way to stack subscriptions.

You could consider getting an account just for paypal, and transferring funds from your main account to your paypal linked account. I do something similar for my bill payments. Then paypal never has access to your primary bank account.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Kerry30Den

Quote from: justpat on July 24, 2013, 09:26:56 PM
  Hi Susan,
  When doing a yearly subscription can I pay with a regular credit card ? I don't use Paypal.

I have the same question.  I'd love to be a monthly supporter, but I refuse to use PayPal.  I had my account breached and though PayPal found the error when the transaction was made they still proceeded to deduct over $1500 from my account and make me wait 15 days to get my money back.  After than experience I closed my account and won't use them.
Happily married CD, out to my wife and select friends.
  •  

Mariah

You might try emailing Susan. She may have another way that you can pay. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Kerry30Den on September 17, 2015, 09:03:06 AM
I have the same question.  I'd love to be a monthly supporter, but I refuse to use PayPal.  I had my account breached and though PayPal found the error when the transaction was made they still proceeded to deduct over $1500 from my account and make me wait 15 days to get my money back.  After than experience I closed my account and won't use them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Jessica_Rose

For the number of lives this site has probably saved and for the thousands of people who have been helped, $30,000 a year is a bargain by any measure. After all, how can you put a price on happiness?
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Devlyn

That was fun. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.  :police:
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 20, 2018, 05:08:04 PM
That was fun. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.  :police:

Normal services have been resumed my dear :-*
  •  

Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

V M

Time to step it up folks, only a few days left to meet the January goal  ;D  Go team Susan's Place!!!

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ValaKyrie

Hi.. gravedug this because I got the PM regarding donations and I'm too new to PM.. this was only relevant thread that asked if it could be done with Bitcoin (in 2015). Has a mod opened a BT wallet?
  •  

Eryn T

It makes me very happy to see the community coming together to support this place and Susan!

Just a few days ago I think it was still over $1000 from the goal or something?

<33333 you all!
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

Dena

Quote from: ValaKyrie on May 26, 2018, 02:04:15 AM
Hi.. gravedug this because I got the PM regarding donations and I'm too new to PM.. this was only relevant thread that asked if it could be done with Bitcoin (in 2015). Has a mod opened a BT wallet?
I believe the only methods of payment are by mail or through PayPal which is used by the site. If you use PayPal, an abbreviation of Susan's Place will appear on your statement so should it be reviewed by somebody else, they won't be able to connect it to this site. The abbreviation isn't used in the public area so it can't be searched for.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

AnneK

You can use Paypal to charge your credit card directly.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

ValaKyrie

Quote from: Dena on May 26, 2018, 10:52:10 AM
I believe the only methods of payment are by mail or through PayPal which is used by the site. If you use PayPal, an abbreviation of Susan's Place will appear on your statement so should it be reviewed by somebody else, they won't be able to connect it to this site. The abbreviation isn't used in the public area so it can't be searched for.

Thanks for the fast reply. I wasn't concerned about privacy issues (nobody reads statements but me), just wanting to use a little of my trading money floating around on an exchange to donate a bit of profit when Bitcoin bumps up a bit at its high point for the day/week :) I'll send Paypal. But I'd recommend opening a Bitcoin wallet at some point and posting the public wallet receiving address at some point for future donations. Might be others who want to do the same - or just get rid of their Bitcoin if they no longer use it.

Thanks for this site, has been very helpful for this lurker!
  •  

Susan

I know nothing about bitcoin or how to transfer it to useable funds when needed.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •