Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Can mtf trans have pms symptoms?

Started by brightkitty82, June 13, 2007, 04:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightkitty82

I have a good question to ask which is I am a pre op transexxual and have been on hormones for three years now.  Well my question is I have noticed within the last year that I get some pms syptoms once a month for a short while of mood swings, easily distracted, joints hurt, breast hurt, change of appetite on and off, sleeping pattern changes and then starts feely sleepy for no reason.  So I was wondering is it possible for a mtf trans to be having pms symptoms eventhough they don't bleed and if it's possible then could it happen at the same time of when one of your girlfriends you are close to is having her period?  That I just started my cycle at the same time as one of my girlfriends is having her peroid and she doesn't know what to think about it.  That my cycle just started wo weeks later then usually and I'm trying to figure this out.  So please let me know if this is possible?
  •  

Keira

PSM is caused by hormone level change so anything that can cause this will trigger one or many of those symptomps. Some are very very sensitive to hormone level changes, while others,  like me, barely blink.

I
  •  

debisl

Sounds so familiar. I too have some sort of period every month. Normaly toward the end! My sleep pattern changes, boobs get sore, and I am very much distracted. Only major difference is I tend to get a very sexy feeling all over, like I am in heat. It is a difficult thing to try to control. Emotions run crazy.

Deb
  •  

Altair

If you don't want to have it, then don't cycle your hormones.  The "PMS" feeling results when people's changes between hormone levels are too drastic for their body to handle.
  •  

Lisbeth

It was every month for years, that I went through it.  At first Deb didn't believe me, but then I start predicting her periods.  Now it's just accepted fact in our house.  Except now that she's going into menopause, it's not every month anymore, thank god.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Ron

As Altair mentioned, PMS symptoms are only caused by fluctuations and changes in the amount of hormones you are receiving. If you change  doses or skip a couple of times you're supposed to take it, that is when you're most likely to notice PMS symptoms. Because you don't have female reproductive organs though, you won't have a 'cycle' like a bio woman, so it is pretty unlikely you'll suffer from PMS except for the cases stated above. I haven't had it since I started taking the contraceptive pill except when I miss one.
  •  

Lisbeth

My current HRT regimen has eliminated my monthly cycle, much to my relief.  I hated what it did to my ankles and my moods.

For those who are inclined to blame HRT for what I experienced, this had been going on for many years before I started HRT.  It would come and go ever since I was a teenager.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Jeannette

I have them every other day.  Do not get near me. >:D
  •  

katia

Quote from: Jeannette on September 23, 2007, 11:52:29 PM
I have them every other day.  Do not get near me. >:D

well, i've got them every day.  alas my signature.  "born grrrrrrrrrrrrl"
  •  

Sarah