Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydney Spitfire

I regret buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 as the graphics are not good on my pc and the multiplayer is a lost cause as my internet is a bit too weak to handle it without long loading times
  •  

MacG

I regret buying the PS4 altogether.
I regret Need for Speed Rivals. I've really enjoyed nfs games on Nintendo platforms.
I am liking the driving aspect of gta v though.

awilliams1701

Mixed feelings on the PS4. Last game I played was last of us. However I use it for netflix everyday. I was using a PC with a remote before. There are pros and cons to both, but I think the PS4 makes netflix work just a little bit easier. I had been hoping the order was going to be good, but then they told us the framerate was crap. Then we found out that is way too short. sigh..... At least I played Life is Strange on PC. That is one of the best games I've played in probably 5+ years.

Quote from: MacG on March 09, 2015, 06:56:51 AM
I regret buying the PS4 altogether.
I regret Need for Speed Rivals. I've really enjoyed nfs games on Nintendo platforms.
I am liking the driving aspect of gta v though.
Ashley
  •  

Arctic Kat

Devil May Cry, HD Collection — PlayStation 3. It's the compilation of the first three games in the series.

I hadn't played any Devil May Cry games before, and I wanted to see what they were all about.
I thought they were awful. The first game was just button-mashing from one room to the next, it had terrible camera angles, and it had no story, or a very badly written story. I just kept playing it to the end, hoping it would get better, but I was underwhelmed.

I wasn't impressed with the second game either. About the only improvement I found was that there were two playable characters.

Here's what confuses me: when I read the reviews, I keep seeing a lot of praise for the first game. I just don't understand what people see in it.
What confuses me even further is that everyone seems to hate the second game. I don't understand why it was any worse. I thought they were equally bad.

The saving grace was the third game. It had a much better story, a more well told story. A story that made sense.
Also, the camera movements were improved greatly.
It was the only playable game in the compilation, but that's not saying much.
Waarom mag een jongen nooit prinsesje
Waarom mag een meisje nooit superman zijn
Elke vogel bouwt z'n eigen nestje
Hier bij ons mag iedereen zijn wie ze zijn
  •  

Jean24

I want to get the new Xbox but I know as soon as I do they will announce the new model that's $50 cheaper than the last one. It's kinda reckless spending but at the same time I'm transitioning and a machine won't abandon me because I'm not cisgender  :'(
Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •  

StrykerXIII

Demon Souls. I played it for thirty minutes without getting past the first boss. Took it back to GameStop and bought Mass Effect 3. No regrets.
To strive to reach the apex of evolution is folly, for to achieve the pinnacle is to birth a god.

When the Stryker fires, all turn to dust in its wake.
  •  

Amy85

Quote from: StrykerXIII on March 26, 2015, 12:17:28 AM
Demon Souls. I played it for thirty minutes without getting past the first boss. Took it back to GameStop and bought Mass Effect 3. No regrets.

Have you finished ME3? If so what did you think of the ending?
  •  

awilliams1701

Personally I thought ME3 was the worst in the series. Yes in many ways the story felt more immersive, but I didn't like the lack of dialog choices. I ABSOLUTELY DESPISED the ending. I actually have played that game twice. The second time the revised endings were available. They still sucked. I was convinced I knew how that game was going to end. I just didn't know the details. Boy was I wrong.

Quote from: Amy85 on March 26, 2015, 01:00:55 AM
Have you finished ME3? If so what did you think of the ending?
Ashley
  •  

awilliams1701

For reference I've played ME1 & 2 dozens of times each. I've also played Dragon Age 2 dozens of times. I must be the only one that prefers DA2 over DA1.
Ashley
  •  

Lady Smith

Waterworld :(  I ended up donating it to a Thrift Shop.
  •  

King Malachite

I'm kind of regretting buying 007: Tommorrow Never Dies and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

ReubenIsTheName

Quote from: awilliams1701 on March 27, 2015, 12:52:05 PM
For reference I've played ME1 & 2 dozens of times each. I've also played Dragon Age 2 dozens of times. I must be the only one that prefers DA2 over DA1.

I liked DA 2 better because of the combat changes and all, but I don't like that you HAVE to be a human.  The storyline was good, the combat was good, all that, but DA 1 is better (to me) in the way that you can be more than just a human.

In DA:I, I'm a Qunari all the way.  I even plan to have the Qunari symbol tattooed on me. (Huge BioWare fanboy here!)

"After Jesus and rock and roll, couldn't save my immoral soul, well, I've got nothing left, I've got nothing left to lose." 'Nothing Left to Lose' - The Pretty Reckless

Call me Reuben Damian/Toby
Preferred pronouns - He, His, Him | Orientation - "Straight" | Future surgeries - Mastectomy, Hysto, Vaginectomy, & hopefully Phallo.
  •  

Aubrey1day

For me it would be Age of Conan, I ordered it online while playing the trial version. I think I quit around level 20 and never opened the box when it came. I still have it in the wrapper somewhere.

The Secret World would be my #2. I loved the theme behind the game but the art style did not work for me. :c

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance." - Alan Watts
  •  

Sulmor10

Pokémon white and Pokémon platinum for the DS. I never ended up finishing either. I felt like Platinum was just a ripoff with too many similarities to D&P, and I found it quite hard to progress in White for some reason. I actually really enjoyed D&P and B&W2, though!
  •  

Sulmor10

I somewhat regret buying tomodachi life (so far), however, I'm giving it another chance.
  •  

synesthetic

I'm gonna get controversial here: I don't like Minecraft.

Maybe if I play it a bit more I'll get into it, but it just doesn't really seem like my cup of tea. *shrugs*
  •  

awilliams1701

I've refused because it doesn't seem like a game. Its seems like its more of a builder. I have a much better builder called Unreal Engine 4 and a couple of years ago Unreal Development Kit (which was basically UE3).

Quote from: synesthetic on April 29, 2015, 03:54:30 PM

Maybe if I play it a bit more I'll get into it, but it just doesn't really seem like my cup of tea. *shrugs*
Ashley
  •  

Majj Wynn

Quote from: synesthetic on April 29, 2015, 03:54:30 PM

I don't like Minecraft either, but I like a lot of the concepts! Terraria was great, and inspired by minecraft.
Being able to just take anything in the world and craft out of it is just fun!
  •  

awilliams1701

Terrarria felt more like a SNES game. It was barely a builder, but felt a LOT more like a game. Unfortunately I never had anyone to play it with and gave up on it. Its obvious to me that its really more of a co-op game.
Ashley
  •  

WildThing

I regret EA UFC...TWICE. I hoped it would be better the second time. I was wrong. I did the same thing expecting a different result.

Also, I kind of regret buying my PS4 FOR NOW, mainly because there really aren't any (that many) good games out yet. I AM excited for Mankind Divided though.

I DID ask for this.
Sammi T.
  •