Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

If you have been a gamer long enough, there's a good chance that you've purchased a game and just regretted spending money on it.  Lets discuss these experiences.

I have brought a lot of games that I regret purchasing, like many Gameboy Advance games (Monopoly and the Final Fight One comes to mind.).  I purchased Red Dead Redemption and regretted it.  I purchased Saints Row: The Third and regretted buying that and the strategy guide horribly.  It was a kick in the gut when they game out with the "Full Package" Edition so soon. 

My latest regret is buying Fight Night Round 3 for $2.69.  I played that game for less than 5 minutes today and totally hated it.  I also brought Red Faction Armageddon today for $4.75 but I'm scared to play it in fear I'll hate it lol.

What are some of the games you regret buying, especially at full price?
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Antonia J

How can you regret Red Dead Redemption? That was brilliant. 

Far cry 3. Couldn't get into it.
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Antonia J on July 29, 2013, 07:54:49 PM
How can you regret Red Dead Redemption? That was brilliant. 

Far cry 3. Couldn't get into it.

I figured I'd get asked that lol.  I'm sure the game was great but I never got around to playing it so I didn't regret buying that because of story mode.

Far Cry 3-meh while it wasn't neccessarily a bad game, I found it to be overhyped and a let down....borderline false advertising.  PS3 graphics were crappy and the voice acting for Jason just horrible since they switched it at the last minute.  I wish I would have waited so I could have gotten it for 20 bucks now.   
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

EmmaS

•  

DriftingCrow

I am not much of a gamer (do enjoy playing casually), but I bought Skyrim (computer version) for someone, found out he already had it, and I just never returned it, I figured I'd keep it and maybe I'd play it eventually since I hear it's a good game. I haven't even opened the package and still have the receipt, but I regret buying and not returning it because I know I'll never have time to actually play it.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

EmmaS

•  

~RoadToTrista~

Fricken all the Assassin's Creed games that I bought and both of the Prototype games. They're fun but not one of them is worth buying, only renting.

Sims 3 for Xbox, I was just stupid with that one since the PC version is just superior in every way.

Oblivion for Xbox. Should have gotten the PC version so I could mod it. The characters are so ugly.

Umm Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Pretty meh when it's not a platform game like it's predecessors. (though I absolutely loove the other two in the series)

Velvet Assassin. Again, should have rented it. And also it's kinda crappy.

Dead Rising 2: Case West. Idk what I was thinking it's exactly the same as Dead Rising 2. -.-"

Super Mario Galaxy I don't really like it.

Lego Harry Potter, it's funny and cute but the gameplay is soooo boring.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Quote from: LearnedHand on July 29, 2013, 08:49:32 PM
I am not much of a gamer (do enjoy playing casually), but I bought Skyrim (computer version) for someone, found out he already had it, and I just never returned it, I figured I'd keep it and maybe I'd play it eventually since I hear it's a good game. I haven't even opened the package and still have the receipt, but I regret buying and not returning it because I know I'll never have time to actually play it.

Here is my Skyrim story. I played it, found I didn't like it and then left it on my shelf for 6 months. Then one day I was bored and decided to give it another chance and I looooved the crap out of it. It would've been on the list above otherwise. >.<
  •  

xander

•  

EmmaS

•  

MellowMoxxi

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on July 29, 2013, 08:51:42 PM
Oblivion for Xbox. Should have gotten the PC version so I could mod it. The characters are so ugly.

I did the same thing with Skyrim. Got it for PS3 thinking it would be a fun living room game. Realized I hated the controls and missed my keyboard/mouse combo too much. Just bought the PC version. Don't care if I have to replay a whole bunch of it, the gameplay and visuals are worth the repeat.
each day stepping through :-X :) :D >:( :( ??? :-\ :'( :embarrassed: | maybe one day truly :D

I think I'm about to go for it. I did it.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Quote from: EllieLove on July 29, 2013, 08:57:07 PM
I did the same thing with Skyrim. Got it for PS3 thinking it would be a fun living room game. Realized I hated the controls and missed my keyboard/mouse combo too much. Just bought the PC version. Don't care if I have to replay a whole bunch of it, the gameplay and visuals are worth the repeat.

I got Skyrim for Xbox and I'm sure it would be funner on PC but I just can't afford those upgrades. >.< But I think it's fun just the same.

But right now I've gotten more into Morrowind for PC and that game is soooooooooo fun when you're using an overload of mods like I am. >.<
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I bought a game for my Kinect called Rise of Nightmares, but I found it too finicky and frustrating to play. I ended up selling my Kinect but I still have the game.

I regret buying the game, but I regret selling the Kinect. Lmao.
  •  

Misato

I've had more fun programming with the Kinect than playing games with it.

Well, I regret buying the TurboGrafx-16.  Game Gear too.  As for games...

Beautiful Katamari for the XBox 360.  I L-O-V-E the Katamari games, but it made me so sick!  So bright and the movement just made me feel like I was going to throw up.

Street Fighter X Tekken on the PS3.  I'm no good with Street Fighter controls.

Alex Kidd and The Lost Stars on the Sega Master System.  How did they follow up Alex Kidd in Miracle World with that?

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense on the Dreamcast.  Again, made me sick.

King of Monsters on the Virtual Console for the Wii.  The Neo-Geo was a thing of legend to me as a kid.  Too bad I found the game lackluster.

Paper Mario Sticker Star on the 3DS.  I was unhappy with the combat.  Loved the Paper Mario on the Wii though.

I didn't care for Pokemon Black on the DS.  Doubt I would have found White much more satisfactory.

Retro City Rampage on the Vita.  I didn't find it funny or fun.
  •  

SaveMeJeebus

I regret paying for Far Cry 2 and Fable 2. Great games, but i only played through them once. That's all i can think of at the moment.

I regret selling a handful of games, my Pokemon collection and Oblivion come to mind.
  •  

Dreams2014

Too many. I'm really fussy when it comes to games.
Farewell to my friends, farewell to the life I knew. I burn what once was, and in the ashes I am born anew.
  •  

Sephirah

Mindjack.

Wish I'd watched Angry Joe's review of it before shelling out £30 for the pile of fetid faeces. It was also the game which finally stopped me seeing Square-Enix on the cover and thinking it was going to be good. Which is what I'd done up till that point, and on the whole not been disappointed.

Proof, if proof were needed, that you can't polish a turd. Despite their best efforts.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Sammy

I did not buy videogames, so I guess I should not be complaining :).
  •  

Emmaline

Rage (aka rage at following dotted kine through canned encounters).
Borderlands (hours of trapsing around killing the same guys over and over)

Pay for your games... it keeps peeps like me paid and on my way to surgeries. .
Body... meet brain.  Now follow her lead and there will be no more trouble, you dig?

•  

Athena

Sim city
Witcher 2 (can't stand the pc controls on this game how old is it ?)
Star Wars the old Republic Collector's edition (way too much for what you get imo)
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •