Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

Add Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to the list.  I brought it due to the whole hype and peer pressure.  I should have waited for the price drop would would have included a map pack. 

I'm not making the same mistake with Call of Duty: Ghosts
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Dreams2014

Quote from: Malachite on August 01, 2013, 11:55:21 AM
Add Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to the list.  I brought it due to the whole hype and peer pressure.  I should have waited for the price drop would would have included a map pack. 

I'm not making the same mistake with Call of Duty: Ghosts

Dare I say once you've played one CoD you've played them all?
Farewell to my friends, farewell to the life I knew. I burn what once was, and in the ashes I am born anew.
  •  

Madison Leigh

I don't play all that many games anymore; but I love Civilization 3 so a couple of months ago I bought a bundle on Steam of Civ4 (and it's expansions), Civ5 (I think it had one expansion), and Xcom something or other.

I think I've spent 30 minute total between the 3 of them and have went back to Civ3 if I'm playing on the computer. :(
  •  

Dreams2014

Quote from: Madison Leigh on August 01, 2013, 01:16:24 PM
I don't play all that many games anymore; but I love Civilization 3 so a couple of months ago I bought a bundle on Steam of Civ4 (and it's expansions), Civ5 (I think it had one expansion), and Xcom something or other.

I think I've spent 30 minute total between the 3 of them and have went back to Civ3 if I'm playing on the computer. :(

Not too fussed about Civ 5 but I thought Civ 4 was excellent through and through. Did you not like it?
Farewell to my friends, farewell to the life I knew. I burn what once was, and in the ashes I am born anew.
  •  

Antonia J

I love CoD2. How can you hate on that? That's actually the only game I play :D
  •  

AMDERS

•  

Madison Leigh

Quote from: Dreams2014 on August 01, 2013, 01:34:09 PM
Not too fussed about Civ 5 but I thought Civ 4 was excellent through and through. Did you not like it?

I actually bought the expensive collector's edition when it originally came out; but never got around to installing/playing it.  Now, I guess it's a "learning curve" thing, I know how Civ3 plays/works and I guess I got spoiled to that.  I'll have to give it another shot I suppose.
  •  

Dreams2014

Quote from: Madison Leigh on August 02, 2013, 02:21:44 AM
I actually bought the expensive collector's edition when it originally came out; but never got around to installing/playing it.  Now, I guess it's a "learning curve" thing, I know how Civ3 plays/works and I guess I got spoiled to that.  I'll have to give it another shot I suppose.

Civ 3 is fantastic. I played it loads before I got 4, but many people find 4 to be much, much better. You just need to learn the ropes and it's fantastic.
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Every wargame for computer with the exception of Steel Panthers (1995) and the more recent Battle Academy (from Slitherine).
Although if I had never downloaded the free Steel Panthers World at War file, I would never have started buying computer wargames in the first place eh.

Every single computer game I have ever bought that was not a wargame, excluding Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Civilization (I like V the most of any versions). I especially have hated myself for buying Guild Wars 2 because while it is a good game in and of itself, I am not an MMO gamer. Where the F was my head when I bought it?

I have bought a few Nintendo DS games I really like. I wish I had not gone the route of getting a flashcart like my buddy suggested. Being given access to 6000 games is a bad idea trust me on this one :)

Games are like drugs.
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Super Mario Bros 3,
Worst.
Game.
Ever.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Jayne

I think i'll be adding to this topic quite a bit lol

COD games, after a couple of years of suffering the constant spawn, die, spawn, die routine of COD I can't stand playing the game competitively, I've now gotten bored with the single player, I was given COD black ops 2 many months ago & still can't be bothered to finish the story.

Earth Defence Force 2017, I played EDF Insect Armageddon & loved it so I bought 2017 & it's a poorly polished turd with controls from the 90's!!

Skyrim, I couldn't stand this game & I don't know why, i've spent hundreds of hours on Dragon's Dogma but Skyrim barely lasted an hour in my Xbox
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Dreams2014 on August 01, 2013, 12:56:36 PM
Dare I say once you've played one CoD you've played them all?

I can't quite say that.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

SaveMeJeebus

Quote from: caleb. on August 08, 2013, 05:56:09 AM
NO. Selling Pokemon is blasphemy.

Whoops. I didn't sell my Pokemon games, although i think i was there when i said to my Mum she can throw the tin they were in  :-\. I sold the first 151 cards though, that i now regret, but i think i got quite a bit for them, i cannot remember how much  :-\
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Jayne on August 07, 2013, 03:16:14 PM
Skyrim, I couldn't stand this game & I don't know why, i've spent hundreds of hours on Dragon's Dogma but Skyrim barely lasted an hour in my Xbox

I agree with you on the vanilla game for consoles. On the PC, it's an entirely different experience, though.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Jayne

I regret purchasing Final Fantasy VII, it ate up over 200 hrs of my life  ::)

I also regret purchasing Devil May Cry 3 which has consumed at least 400 hrs of my life, I can only guess at the true figure as every time the clock maxed out at 99hrs 99min I would start a new save file.
  •  

Kaitlin4475

•  

Dreams2014

Quote from: Jayne on August 09, 2013, 03:01:09 PM
I regret purchasing Final Fantasy VII, it ate up over 200 hrs of my life  ::)

I also regret purchasing Devil May Cry 3 which has consumed at least 400 hrs of my life, I can only guess at the true figure as every time the clock maxed out at 99hrs 99min I would start a new save file.

Both excellent games. But honestly. How could DMC3 take up MORE time than FFVII? :P
  •  

Jayne

Quote from: Dreams2014 on August 11, 2013, 03:05:05 PM
Both excellent games. But honestly. How could DMC3 take up MORE time than FFVII? :P

On the PS2 I wiped my save every time the game clock maxed out & then I had to level everything up again, I did this at least 3 times that I remember. Then I bought the HD compilation on Xbox & have started that cycle again.

To go back to the intention of the original post I regret purchasing Lair on the PS3, I love dragons & had high hopes for this game but it turned out to be a highly polished turd.
  •