Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbuck2

Metal Gear Rising. $60 for a game I beat in 5 hours. I like it a bit more now but initially I was furious about purchasing it. Regret was an understatement haha.

Yugioh Chain of Memories. It was impossible and I still hate it 12 years later!
  •  

celeste-elle

I pre-ordered Diablo 3 before it came out. I went through a full two years of regret, until recent patches the game was boring as heck. Recently started a game with a couple friends, though- it's ridiculously easy (haven't unlocked higher difficulty yet) but I'm still having fun!

19 / she / usa

"Nevertheless, you lookin' good in that Anthropologie dress..."

•  

BatLadyMia

Knack on PS4. No idea why I thought that would be good :(
  •  

Wednesday

Crysis, worst optimized game ever.
"Witches were a bit like cats" - Terry Pratchett
  •  

Dani Davis

I enjoyed Crysis I. The others not so much.
There are few limits - just unexplored options.
Mariette Pathy Allen
Author of Transformations
  •  

Wednesday

Quote from: Dani Davis on July 10, 2014, 12:34:39 PM
I enjoyed Crysis I. The others not so much.

Not a bad game itself, but when I bought it was completely unplayable on my computer due to a very poor optimisation. Lots of newer games worked way better than Crysis on my PC.
"Witches were a bit like cats" - Terry Pratchett
  •  

Avianna

Watch Dogs and One Piece World Red they are kinda boring to me
  •  

Annabella

The stomping land.
No female models.
Gameplay is entirely centered around griefing other players.
Generally just.. horrible.
"But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy."
― Ellen Wittlinger, Parrotfish
  •  

Dani Davis

Quote from: Wednesday on July 10, 2014, 01:06:10 PM
Not a bad game itself, but when I bought it was completely unplayable on my computer due to a very poor optimisation. Lots of newer games worked way better than Crysis on my PC.
Ah, well that would make it unfun real fast.  I'm such a PC gamer, whenever I encounter a game that I really want to play, I either upgrade the system I have as much as possible or build a new maxed out system.   I do this about every 2-3 years.

The most recent build is an 8 core, with 16 gig RAM and 3 Gig Radeon 7950 (dual fan) card - just so I could play Far Cry 3 on max...grin...and Skyrim looks awesome on it too.
There are few limits - just unexplored options.
Mariette Pathy Allen
Author of Transformations
  •  

YinYanga

Most games with an online (voice)chat component. Things like WoW, I've had some afwul experiences there when Ive used voice comms. People who ask/find out your 'different' and then ridicule you behind your back, because you're a ">-bleeped-<ing >-bleeped-<"

My ever protective brother always stood up for me if things were about to get heated and has never disclosed my gender and has rarely ever mispronounced me when playing with others. So grateful for that because there was always the fear

While I was always seen a interesting, little flirty and intelligent cisgirl in regular chat (I've had my fair share of desperate, clingy boys and men mailing me while I just wanted to be nice and open)
I've only used voicecomms to talk to family since the drama in WoW. I wish it would have gone different

Right, drama aside I DONT regret buying Bejeweled even though it's nauseating  >:-)
  •  

Alice Rogers

I regret buying Xenonauts from Steam because it is a total nostalgia trip from the old X-Com game and it has eaten about a month of my life so far!  SOOOO addictive!
"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." Jack London
  •  

Annabella

Quote from: Alice Rogers on July 15, 2014, 05:46:57 AM
I regret buying Xenonauts from Steam because it is a total nostalgia trip from the old X-Com game and it has eaten about a month of my life so far!  SOOOO addictive!

Played Enemy Unknown yet? I thought it was a fantastic reboot, though I missed the ability to actually game the economy by building products for sale :)
  •  

TheQuestion

Skyrim.  It made me go crazy.  I played the 1st 8 hours of that game, same order and everything, about 20 time or more... literally.  Each time I'd get to a point where the game would glitch in some way and I'd have no idea what to do or just be too unsettled by people talking to mid air to continue.  I'd just start over.  I totally developed OCD over that game.  I eventually broke it accidentally, but sort of freed myself from it I guess. 

I prefer Fallout; I'm hoping there isn't a repeat when FO4 is released.  I'm really hoping it takes place in Boston as people are speculating.  I want to shoot up my neighborhood (in game of course).
  •  

Maleth

Far Cry 3.. didn't really take a hold of my interests and my FPS was *SO* bad that I found it hard to enjoy the game.
Witcher 2.. Couldn't get into it either. Weird controls.
LA Noire.. never beat it, it was interesting concept at first but slowly my attention faded away.
Rust.. Pure PvPing isn't really my style and I tend to be the long wolf kind of player, so that didn't mend well when I kept getting ganked by godly players in packs.

Umm.. that's all I can think of right now.
~Maleth
  •  

Christine Eryn

all on PS3:
Just Cause 2 sucked after a while, nothing but repetative garbage
Noir sucked
Demon's Souls was a snoozer
I don't know how anyone could find Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 appealing whatsoever
"There was a sculptor, and he found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months, until he finally finished. When he was ready he showed it to his friends and they said he had created a great statue. And the sculptor said he hadn't created anything, the statue was always there, he just cleared away the small peices." Rambo III
  •  

Annabella

Quote from: TheQuestion on July 15, 2014, 03:06:36 PM
Skyrim.  It made me go crazy.  I played the 1st 8 hours of that game, same order and everything, about 20 time or more... literally.  Each time I'd get to a point where the game would glitch in some way and I'd have no idea what to do or just be too unsettled by people talking to mid air to continue.  I'd just start over.  I totally developed OCD over that game.  I eventually broke it accidentally, but sort of freed myself from it I guess. 

I prefer Fallout; I'm hoping there isn't a repeat when FO4 is released.  I'm really hoping it takes place in Boston as people are speculating.  I want to shoot up my neighborhood (in game of course).

EEE! A fellow skyrim addict.
If I can make a recommendation (at the risk of your future sanity) If you have a PC capable of it, get the steam version of Skyrim Legendary Edition and an XBOX 360 controller for PC, then get the nexus mod manager from nexusmods.com, and go crazy...

I suddenly feel like a drug pusher LOL!

***SO excited about FO4!!!***
  •  

Eevee

Oh I've probably regretted a few. The only one that comes to mind right now is Final Fantasy 13. I've loved every FF game before it to varying degrees, but that one was complete garbage. At least I was able to sell it again to get some of my money back.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

crystals

my greatest regret of purchase is command and conquer 4
not only the campaign sucks the multiplayer sucks even more and if you forget your password or email you are most likely to not ever get it back
on the second place i cant say its a full regret just a regret of buying it when your pc sucks "battlefield 3" campaign is cool multiplayer is even more cool but the problem? if you got an at least 5 year old pc like i do you are in for a realy mad time as you will lag bug freeze and have others get the best of you
  •  

Jera

Fable 2. Then, for some unknown reason I bought Fable 3 and regretted that, too.

The first Fable was really fun. But the other two are bleh.
  •  

Skyler

starbound... nothing to do after a few days of playing.
  •