Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalmRage

Quote from: Christy on August 19, 2014, 08:50:05 PM
Games I regret purchasing...

Almost anything that was on the Sega CD. Sewer Shark was the worst and now they want to remake Night Trap! What?

Jade Empire (Steam version) if you have Windows 7 or 8 don't bother buying it. The game is great but getting it to work is nearly impossible. The Steam Forums are filled with nasty comments about this but Steam won't let you view that part of the forum until after you purchase the game. There should be a law against that. At least now the reviews are on the main page so they give you a heads up.

as long as you don't regret Sonic CD.
That's an amazing one.

i regret getting:

all call of duty games

i grew out of them pretty quickly and now they even disgust me with their over-the-top patriotism, which i think is a dangerous thing one should be wary of. Look where it led Germany (granted, it wasn't that simple, but it was a big part of it all).
  •  

Panda-King

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and Rune Factory 2. *casual gamer*
  •  

GenTechJ

Quote from: Panda-King on August 29, 2014, 01:01:34 PM
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and Rune Factory 2. *casual gamer*

Harvest Moon and Rune Factory are far from casual in my opinion. ;)
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

KaylaMadison

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days, easily one of the worst games i ever played. Random violence, over the top language, and no story.
Came out to self/wife - 5 June 2014
Started HRT - 8 April 2015
Full Time - 29 May 2015
Currently Working on Name Change
  •  

iiMTF

Every single Pokemon game to my name. Which is like, at least 10. I love Pokemon, but I get easily bored of it and lose it a lot.

Sim City too. I love it, but I easily forget about it for long periods of time.
Not allowed on for awhile. Be back soon!
  •  

Rachelicious

Don't buy the Thi4f reboot it plays so trashy. Get Dishonored instead and you'll be happy!
  •  

Jera

Quote from: Rachelicious on August 29, 2014, 04:54:11 PM
Don't buy the Thi4f reboot it plays so trashy. Get Dishonored instead and you'll be happy!

Dishonored is super hard, too. I've never been good at that stealthy adventure type game.

At least I can say I don't regret purchasing it, cause it's free with xbox right now. :D
  •  

Rachelicious

Quote from: Jera on August 29, 2014, 05:03:50 PM
Dishonored is super hard, too. I've never been good at that stealthy adventure type game.

Dishonored gives you demigod-like powers so you can actually be really hack & slash if you like. Doing it without killing anyone or being detected, though, is hard. For a true experience / challenge I recommend Thief 2, which excels in terms of sound if one can abide the ~15 years dated graphics.
  •  

radsi

ALL OF THEM ... I love video games but they don't love me .. I REALLY suck at them and end up playing until i get stuck and then buying a new game. Eventually the pile of games i am stuck on gets too big and i have to "babysit"/pay my best friends little boys to unstick me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its an expensive hobby to suck at haha
  •  

iiMTF

Quote from: radsi on August 29, 2014, 06:09:23 PM
ALL OF THEM ... I love video games but they don't love me .. I REALLY suck at them and end up playing until i get stuck and then buying a new game. Eventually the pile of games i am stuck on gets too big and i have to "babysit"/pay my best friends little boys to unstick me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lol!! Well, do you get paid to "babysit"? And then pay the kiddies like a percentage of the money you get for "babysitting"
Not allowed on for awhile. Be back soon!
  •  

Eevee

Quote from: radsi on August 29, 2014, 06:09:23 PM

It doesn't matter if you're good at a game or not. All that matters is if you're having fun! I'm only moderately good at video games and I suck at the more hardcore games, but I still enjoy a lot of them. Sometimes I just go for the easier difficulty.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

OreSama

The second Spectrobes game
Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands and Island of Happiness.  There were things that would've improved the Harvest Moon games, but these games were total garbage.  It's too bad too, some of the boys in that game were really cute.
MySims for the wii, it was so poorly written that it was practically impossible to play beyond a certain point.
Most of the games I regret playing were online games (*COUGHCOUGH*PSO2*COUGHCOUGH*) or free games though :D
  •  

radsi

Quote from: iiMTF on August 29, 2014, 06:37:42 PM
Lol!! Well, do you get paid to "babysit"? And then pay the kiddies like a percentage of the money you get for "babysitting"

Hahaha no don't get paid lol.. The 7 and 8 year olds got a bit expensive lol the 4 year old will still do it for food like chicken nuggets hahaha

•  

Jera

Quote from: Rachelicious on August 29, 2014, 06:05:13 PM
Dishonored gives you demigod-like powers so you can actually be really hack & slash if you like. Doing it without killing anyone or being detected, though, is hard. For a true experience / challenge I recommend Thief 2, which excels in terms of sound if one can abide the ~15 years dated graphics.

I'm all about storylines for my games. Considering that, should I try to run through Thief 1 first or is 2 good enough alone to not regret just finding that one?
  •  

radsi

Quote from: Eevee on August 29, 2014, 06:41:25 PM
It doesn't matter if you're good at a game or not. All that matters is if you're having fun! I'm only moderately good at video games and I suck at the more hardcore games, but I still enjoy a lot of them. Sometimes I just go for the easier difficulty.

Lol I always have fun... I treated myself to a PS4 last week for my birthday so now I can get stuck with better graphics hahahahaha

At least I can make a little more progress on the lego games than any others lol
  •  

Rachelicious

Quote from: Jera on August 30, 2014, 05:46:00 AM
I'm all about storylines for my games. Considering that, should I try to run through Thief 1 first or is 2 good enough alone to not regret just finding that one?

If you like the experience, get yourself a nice dark, quiet room and play through Thief 1 and Thief 2.

The second half of Thief 1 gets a little more action-adventure than stealth, so I slightly prefer Thief 2 overall, but they follow the same story and it's extremely well-done. Lots of continuity, numerous often funny sub-plots appear through in-game letters or overheard conversations, a great diversity of world environments, etc. Expert difficulty generally has a kill-nobody objective.

Thief 2 is definitely on my top-10 games ever list. I've spent hundreds of hours playing it.
  •  

ReubenIsTheName

Ones I regret purchasing would probably be Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel, Fallout 3, GTA IV, and Rage.  Just didn't like them.  Sacred 2 is very restricted in characters, Fallout 3 and Rage are both too far into the future for me to enjoy them being open-world.  Skyrim and the new Dragon Age are/will be much better for me.  As far as GTA...Saints Row >>>>>> GTA. Every time. IMO, anyway.  I like to make a character on there that looks the way I want to after transition.  In IV, choosing the pitch of the voice made it even more realistic for me, too.  I could give them plastic surgery and further their transition.  Plus, SR is, like, hilarious and almost insane in its quality, to me.

"After Jesus and rock and roll, couldn't save my immoral soul, well, I've got nothing left, I've got nothing left to lose." 'Nothing Left to Lose' - The Pretty Reckless

Call me Reuben Damian/Toby
Preferred pronouns - He, His, Him | Orientation - "Straight" | Future surgeries - Mastectomy, Hysto, Vaginectomy, & hopefully Phallo.
  •  

ReubenIsTheName

Quote from: Rachelicious on August 29, 2014, 04:54:11 PM

I actually enjoyed Thief 4.  A lot. :x

"After Jesus and rock and roll, couldn't save my immoral soul, well, I've got nothing left, I've got nothing left to lose." 'Nothing Left to Lose' - The Pretty Reckless

Call me Reuben Damian/Toby
Preferred pronouns - He, His, Him | Orientation - "Straight" | Future surgeries - Mastectomy, Hysto, Vaginectomy, & hopefully Phallo.
  •  

GenTechJ

Quote from: ReubenIsTheName on September 02, 2014, 12:53:10 PM
Ones I regret purchasing would probably be Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel, Fallout 3, GTA IV, and Rage.  Just didn't like them.  Sacred 2 is very restricted in characters, Fallout 3 and Rage are both too far into the future for me to enjoy them being open-world.  Skyrim and the new Dragon Age are/will be much better for me.  As far as GTA...Saints Row >>>>>> GTA. Every time. IMO, anyway.  I like to make a character on there that looks the way I want to after transition.  In IV, choosing the pitch of the voice made it even more realistic for me, too.  I could give them plastic surgery and further their transition.  Plus, SR is, like, hilarious and almost insane in its quality, to me.

Plus Saint's Row is way more fun as well. I also make my character look the way I want to look after transitioning, but I find the clothing options limited in 3/4 compared to 2. 4 was the most fun I think. I just love how they took the GTA/Open World gameplay and then threw out all the rules and said "Here, blow stuff up and have fun".
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

Rachelicious

Quote from: ReubenIsTheName on September 02, 2014, 12:54:17 PM
I actually enjoyed Thief 4.  A lot. :x

My only problem is how streamlined and watered down it is. Levels make you think you're being clever finding usually the scripted way they want to be done rather than there being at least several options. There's a cutscene -every time- you knock somebody out, same with every time you open something, flashy hands for all the grabs, etc. And the plot just... felt like it missed the intrigue & twists of the earlier titles - that could kinda be said of Thief 3 as well, but it least it had Shalebridge Cradle, which truly upped the 'terrifying' factor from previous Thief titles. What do you consider Thief 4's high points?

The atmosphere / ambiance can be great, but there are reasons its price dropped 75% within a couple months of release.
  •