Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixGurl2016

Quote from: AmandaMarie on January 03, 2015, 10:41:07 PM
I Just traded for Super Mario Galaxy 2, can not wait to play it

Wow, Misread the title. The game I regret the most was Wrestlemania 21 for the X-Box, returned it the next day

•  

urchin

I bought the collector's edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2, strat guide and everything. Never have I regretted a purchase as much as that. I'm still glad I got to play it, but I'd rather have the collector's for Lightning Returns, if anything. XIII-2 was way below standards to have such a nice (and expensive) copy.
  •  

Emma Winters

I regret purchasing Team Fortress Classic. My PC is an old one and this game runs fine, except for the fact that every time a rocket is shot or an explosion happens, my game drops to about 5fps for the entire time the missile is moving or the explosion animation is occurring. So yeah, bad purchase. Also it's a really difficult game to play because menus are hidden under the Shift key and the B key and all kinds of weirdness.
  •  

MadisonMN

I secretly regret buying Civilization: Beyond Earth. I don't like admitting my mistakes, but this was one of them. It's just NOT as good as Civ V, even if the spacey feel is pretty neat.
  •  

Curious

Dark souls 2 with DLC.. Worst $75 spent.
  •  

Eevee

Quote from: MadisonMN on January 22, 2015, 02:21:08 PM
I secretly regret buying Civilization: Beyond Earth. I don't like admitting my mistakes, but this was one of them. It's just NOT as good as Civ V, even if the spacey feel is pretty neat.
Yeah, I agree. The game just wasn't very good. It had potential, but something was missing from what made Civ V so much more fun. I'll be cautious about any further Civ games that I buy now.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

Elle.R

AC Unity for me I really wanna give it a chance but the controls are ugh.

I remember the gameplay trailers and the cinematic trailer with Arno saving elise from the guillotine looked really cool and I love revolutionary France but idk the gameplay just irks me the last AC game I played was revelations which seemed much smoother idk.

I really want one of those elise statues though.
  •  

Skyler

•  

Shodan

Quote from: Eevee on January 23, 2015, 06:16:21 AM
Yeah, I agree. The game just wasn't very good. It had potential, but something was missing from what made Civ V so much more fun. I'll be cautious about any further Civ games that I buy now.

I don't know. I think it was about as good as Civ V was before Civ V got two expansions that really fleshed it out. I don't regret buying it at all, especially since the modding community is already active on it and I was able to add in all the Alpha Centauri factions into the game. :D

•  

kao

Quote from: Elle.R on January 25, 2015, 07:29:53 PM
AC Unity for me I really wanna give it a chance but the controls are ugh.

I remember the gameplay trailers and the cinematic trailer with Arno saving elise from the guillotine looked really cool and I love revolutionary France but idk the gameplay just irks me the last AC game I played was revelations which seemed much smoother idk.

I really want one of those elise statues though.

This ^^^ Unity was buggy at launch and the fps drop when running though areas just ruined it...the ability to move though buildings was good but I think they went to far with the model/civilian count which triggered the fps drop
Labels and closets are for fashion, not people
Boxes are for items, not ideas
Moulds are for desserts, you arn't supposed to fit
Live life your own way
  •  

Shodan

Godus.

Peter Molyneaux, you have let me down for the last time. I really wanted to like this, but when they added the freemium content to it, they basically made it unplayable, and it sucked what little fun you had in it.

•  

awilliams1701

I regret buying that game 100%. I've never played civ before. I didn't get it. I got board. I played it once for about 8 hours. I don't see ever touching it again. One thing I hated about it is how worthless the armies are. I send my fairly sizable army to the enemy and barely dent anything. They send their armies against me and barely dent anything. I can even let them attack me for a while, bring in my army from the other side of the game then wipe them out and my buildings are like brand new. I like RTS type games, but this just didn't do it for me.

Quote from: MadisonMN on January 22, 2015, 02:21:08 PM
Ashley
  •  

awilliams1701

At launch? I've seen people say on ALL platforms its actually worse now than it was at launch. This is why you don't pre-order video games unless its been reviewed by someone you trust. I don't recall if my goto source got to it before or not, but when he reviewed it, it was obvious this game was never going to amount to anything.

Quote from: kao on February 12, 2015, 05:31:02 AM
This ^^^ Unity was buggy at launch and the fps drop when running though areas just ruined it...the ability to move though buildings was good but I think they went to far with the model/civilian count which triggered the fps drop
Ashley
  •  

Eevee

Quote from: awilliams1701 on February 12, 2015, 12:59:43 PM
I regret buying that game 100%. I've never played civ before. I didn't get it. I got board. I played it once for about 8 hours. I don't see ever touching it again. One thing I hated about it is how worthless the armies are. I send my fairly sizable army to the enemy and barely dent anything. They send their armies against me and barely dent anything. I can even let them attack me for a while, bring in my army from the other side of the game then wipe them out and my buildings are like brand new. I like RTS type games, but this just didn't do it for me.
Beyond Earth was even terrible for the people who like the Civ games (like me). Try playing Civ IV or Civ V instead. They're far superior.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

Taius

I regret buying the special edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Because after a year of hype, I get it, and the PC version was neglected to the point where I couldn't even play it. It was horrible. I'm still healing from that ordeal. LOL
"Abusers are only as good as the sympathy they can get, and the empathy they can't give out."
  •  

DeanJulian

Resident Evil operation Raccoon City was a big disappointment for me, very regrettable, 'cause I loved most other Resident Evil games. That one was a disappointment :(
  •  

Amy85

I regret Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's probably an alright game but it's just not one I can get into.. Which is odd because I liked Advance Wars and the gameplay when you think about it is really similar? :S
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Sims Online (making pizzas and building homes...yawn)
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

FennecFox

Quote from: Shodan on February 12, 2015, 12:11:21 PM
Godus.

Peter Molyneaux, you have let me down for the last time. I really wanted to like this, but when they added the freemium content to it, they basically made it unplayable, and it sucked what little fun you had in it.

I was disappointed in Godus too but I kind of expected it since Molyneaux seems to have been on a downward slope for awhile now. I remember when he was developing Fable 2 and he put his underwear up on E-bay. That was weird. I keep yelling at him to make another Black & White game and then I remember he doesn't work at Lionhead anymore :(

Game I regret buying: L.A. Noire
I got this when it was brand new. The open world stuff was alright but I felt like the investigation gameplay was really off. I'd select doubt thinking that my guy would be sneaky, clever or at the very least subtle but he would end up yelling at the person like a mad man with no evidence to back up his statements. It was really frustrating. I was never really great at detective games anyways. I sold it when I got rid of my X-Box but occasionally I get the urge to pick it up. I'll probably buy it when it's like a few dollars on Steam.
  •  

MattAverage

Bullet Witch. $4 and I knew it would be bad, but bad games are fun for me so I gave it a go. It's pretty much unplayable, since you get one small map and the enemies don't respawn. I cleared the area and was left to wander the area alone, since the only NPCs were the enemies.

Also, the original Dragon's Dogma. I found out after the first time I finished that there was a re-release containing all of the DLC for the same price as the original game, which I ended up also buying since the game is pretty good. I just regret that I now own two copies of the same game. Looks good on my shelf, though, so that's something.
I don't know what I'm doing.
  •