Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamika Olivia

Suikoden IV. I don't think I've ever seen a series fall as far and as quickly.
  •  

King Malachite

I somewhat regret pre-ordering Uncharted 4.  It wasn't a bad game, but if I could redo it again, I'd wait for a price drop.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Spelunkette

The games I regret purchasing most are the countless non-specifics that I buy but never get around to playing. The worst thing is that I buy them when they come out because I am excited for them, not because they are on sale, so it is not like I am saving any money on them. At least I am kind of supporting the developers I suppose, but I fear I may never get around to playing the likes of The Banner Saga, Tharsis, Armello, or The Witcher III, to name a few.

I also had a SEGA Saturn growing up. Somehow its internal storage damaged and it was no longer able to save games, which isn't the end of the world, but in the Saturn's case it meant games simply wouldn't work at all. Tomb Raider, Nights, Resident Evil, Scud, and a few others were all regrettably bought with my allowance and never managed to load thanks to that. The ones that did work ended up being immediate regrets like Bug Too and Creature Shock for how dreadfully dull they were. At least it still played Virtua Fighter II, Panzer Dragoon, and World Series Baseball II right up until it finally died :(
  •  

Arctic Kat

EarthBound.
I know many people consider it a classic, but I only recently started playing it on my New 3DS.

The interface feels very outdated, even for its time.
Story-wise, it's quirky, but its sense of humor is so dry that I'm having a hard time enjoying it.
Waarom mag een jongen nooit prinsesje
Waarom mag een meisje nooit superman zijn
Elke vogel bouwt z'n eigen nestje
Hier bij ons mag iedereen zijn wie ze zijn
  •  

Matti

Mirrors Edge for Xbox360.....just a big flop.
  •  

Atom

Fallout 4.

Absolute steaming rubbish.  All done in 3 days, 8 years wasted development time.

Fable 3
Fable: The Journey
Whatever the new Fable was called. Play Alpha and Beta, it was not good. The series was dead a fter the second one.
  •  

Blackwaters427

I seriously regretted buying the Fallout games, especially New Vegas. I couldn't play NV for more than 10 minutes because of the old western bs. Total waste of my money.
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

Sena

Have a few that i regret
sonic 06
mario and sonic at the olympic games
Prince of persia sands of time
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Super Monkey Ball 3D

And probaly a few more.
  •  

Torchickens

Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I think it is an all right game but it wasn't quite the experience I was hoping for compared to the original and The Thousand Year Door.
  •  

j-unique

Battlefield 1... the scenario makes me uncomfortable (although I'm used to shooters) and it's not my exact definition of fun
  •  

tearsofash

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos on pS4. I realize the series isn't that good in the first place, but i figured they made it better since i played it on the Wii. They didn't.
  •  

Angela Drakken

I instantly regretted buying SW;ToR and Wildstar online when they went free to download/play. >.<
Every single player game I've ever bought with no replay value.. there are LOTS.
  •  

Blackwaters427

As ironic as it may be, I severely regret getting Lord of the Rings Conquest and Shadow of Mordor. LotR Conquest was just terrible, and Shadow of Mordor was amazing but it lagged a lot one PS3. :(
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

Kylo

Dark Void
The playstation vers. of Skyrim
Silent Hill 4 The Room
Final Fantasy XIII
Resident Evil 6
The X Files
Metal Gear Solid 4
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Rye12

Paper mario sticker star
Mad max
Rage
Brink
Infamous second son
  •  

KarlMars

Ultimate Mortal Combat for Nintendo DS was terrible. I couldn't figure it out. I also hate battleships for nintendo ds.

Kylo

I'm gonna add The Evil Within to that list... had high hopes but it was pretty tedious
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

lionheart

Assassin's Creed 3. Maybe it's just one of those games that starts out slow, but I can't seem to play it for more than a few minutes at a time without boring myself to death. I've owned it for months and have barely made it to the second sequence. Not to mention the whole storyline is so confusing, I don't know what half of the stuff on the menu even means, and something about the gameplay itself is just unsatisfying.
  •  

Innowave

Quote from: Kylo on December 24, 2016, 12:53:24 PM
I'm gonna add The Evil Within to that list... had high hopes but it was pretty tedious

Came here to say evil within, but it's just soooooooooooo hard. Chainsaw guy is first boss, I think. I'm not even sure I am hurting him

I play arkham series, I make lots of mistakes, but I never die in it, but evil within is crazy.
  •  

Valkria01

Don't even know where to start.
my whole EA Origin account's Library.
and about 79% of my steam library.

•