Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia.Elora

The game I most regret purchasing was actually one I purchased for my 12th birthday.  I had gotten a total of about $70 for my birthday, and (on the terrible recommendation of my friends, at the time) spent it all on the NES game "Friday the 13th."  I have never regretted buying a game so much, ever.I truly think the Atari Superman and ET games were better.
  •  

Kylo

I liked Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, so I was gonna pick up The Last Guardian but I heard it's kind of a disaster area of a game, anyone else played it and think it's worth getting?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

ghoulified g

I didn't buy it, but I got CoD: BO3 (along with some other games) for my birthday and tried to play it online with my friend. He said stuff about the whole spawn-die loop and I just don't get why people are entertained by it. I got Battlefield 4 as well though, and I actually enjoy that. The games are much longer, I'm not dying within metres of spawn and the VEHICLES. I can fly a goddamn F-35! Not very well, mind you, but I like flying. :)
  •  

somewhat

Guild wars 2, I barely ever played it.
  •  

Valkria01

About 90% of my steam games. and about all of my dota 2 dedication
  •  

SpeakYourMind

Quote from: King Malachite on July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM
If you have been a gamer long enough, there's a good chance that you've purchased a game and just regretted spending money on it.  Lets discuss these experiences.

I have brought a lot of games that I regret purchasing, like many Gameboy Advance games (Monopoly and the Final Fight One comes to mind.).  I purchased Red Dead Redemption and regretted it.  I purchased Saints Row: The Third and regretted buying that and the strategy guide horribly.  It was a kick in the gut when they game out with the "Full Package" Edition so soon. 

My latest regret is buying Fight Night Round 3 for $2.69.  I played that game for less than 5 minutes today and totally hated it.  I also brought Red Faction Armageddon today for $4.75 but I'm scared to play it in fear I'll hate it lol.

What are some of the games you regret buying, especially at full price?

Iv'e payed 30$'s on a game that couldn't run on my computer and at the time i was okay with that because i new in the future i'd plan on having a better computer. That better computer came along which is basically a gaming computer and that game still can't run and it should be working so it's a horrible game it lags and i'd never suggest it to anybody unless they'd want to risk that much money and have it maybe not work.

Iv'e also spent 40$'s knowing in the future i could use it
lucky that one worked lol
ever hear of a person shopping when they are down or stressed out? Well that's me with games it's a bad habit. Video games as a child was something the male children did around my area and growing up i wasn't allowed to do male things rarely if ever so my way of coping and being secret about it was playing video games it went unsuspected and it worked for me to feel a little happyier even if it wasn't a lot. Now a day's it's my passion i just love games.

•  

Rees1281

My only real regret is Final Fantasy XIII (and the collectors edition strategy guide  ::)) for the PS2.

I played it for about three hours and then never picked it up again.
  •  

DawnOday

Odyssey Baseball
Pong

There is something about dots running the bases that kind of loses it's thrill after about the third inning. 
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Cannabliss

I regret purchasing my first Steam early access game when early access was still new. The Devs basically abandoned the game. The game was called The Dead Linger I believe. Waste of 25$! No way to get a refund either.
  •  

Floof

When I was a kid my brother and I played a game called Robot Arena 2 to death, it was one of our favorites.. So when a brand new nr 3 showed up on Steam I couldn't resist. What a mistake that was, absolute garbage and abandoned on the very first day of release. >:(

Quote from: Cannabliss on January 31, 2017, 02:39:44 AM
I regret purchasing my first Steam early access game when early access was still new. The Devs basically abandoned the game. The game was called The Dead Linger I believe. Waste of 25$! No way to get a refund either.
OMG I also bought into The Dead Linger, feel such an idiot about it! Should have been more skeptical, and I am now.. In retrospect what they were promising did seem a little too ambitious to be possible.
Reisen er lang, hard og full av farer; vær modig mine brødre og søstre <3

SRS w/ Dr. Chet May 12th 2017
  •  

crushdani

I like fallout and skyrim...but they get old for me after a while
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

maksim

Devil Survivor 2.
I could see how it would be fun because I do like strategy games, but I didn't find the story entertaining at all. Not to mention the English voice acting... yikes.

•  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

I've rented games from gamefly that I hated immediately. Assassins Creed, and Grand Theft Auto. Thank god I didn't buy them to try out.

But games that I bought and almost instantly regretted:

Solar Jetman (NES)
Mickey's Epic (Wii)
Guitar Hero (Wii)
Clash At Demonhead (NES)
Final Fantasy 13 (PS4)
Diablo 3 (PS3)
X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3)
NHL 11 (PS3)
Gothic 3 (PC)
WoW (PC)
Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
D&D 3rd edition (I know its not a video game, but thought I would add it.)
FF9 (PS3)

And there was one game, I don't remember the title, that I bought, and 30 minutes later was back at GameStop returning it. Oh, my god, it was the worst game ever thought up. I'm actually kinda glad I don't remember the title.

One game I love, but can't play is Soul Caliber 2. It sets me off so quick it's unbelievable. My in-laws bought me a Ford vs Chevy racing game. I thought "What the hell?". I don't like racing games with the exception of MarioKart. F-Zero on SNES was ok, but not really my thing. As for NHL 11, don't get me wrong, I'm a total hockey nut, but the game just sucked. FF9 was WAY too cartooney for my taste. I think I have FF X and X2 somewhere but I've never played them enough to give them a fair shot. But the absolute best Final Fantasy game that has been made is FF8. The story line, the underlying love story, It's just amazing and beautiful. I have probably over the years logged at least 1,000 hours playing it. And the song "Eyes On Me"? Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm sure that's not all the games that I bought and regretted, but it's all I can think of at the moment.

Also I see a lot of people talking about Steam. I've never heard of Steam. What is it? Is it like steampunk stuff? A little clarity please.

Quote from: Mia.Elora on December 29, 2016, 04:22:33 PM
The game I most regret purchasing was actually one I purchased for my 12th birthday.  I had gotten a total of about $70 for my birthday, and (on the terrible recommendation of my friends, at the time) spent it all on the NES game "Friday the 13th."  I have never regretted buying a game so much, ever.I truly think the Atari Superman and ET games were better.

Aw, come on, Friday the 13th was awesome! Especially when Jason would jump out of no where and attack.
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

Quote from: Kylo on December 23, 2016, 04:52:16 AM
Dark Void
The playstation vers. of Skyrim
Silent Hill 4 The Room
Final Fantasy XIII
Resident Evil 6
The X Files
Metal Gear Solid 4

How in the world can you hate Final Fantasy 8? It's amazing!

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

Innowave

Quote from: Jennifer RachaelAnn on April 20, 2017, 01:46:27 PM

Also I see a lot of people talking about Steam. I've never heard of Steam. What is it? Is it like steampunk stuff? A little clarity please.

It's an app to download games. And it keeps track of your achievements. Even dvds I buy have steam codes and they are added to steam.

I have no idea where steam games are stored on my pc though. I can see just the desktop shortcut.
  •  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

Quote from: Kylo on December 23, 2016, 04:52:16 AM
Dark Void
The playstation vers. of Skyrim
Silent Hill 4 The Room
Final Fantasy XIII
Resident Evil 6
The X Files
Metal Gear Solid 4
Quote from: Jennifer RachaelAnn on April 20, 2017, 02:48:30 PM

How in the world can you hate Final Fantasy 8? It's amazing!

Ok, I'm an idiot. I totally misread that post, and got my numerals mixed up. I agree that Final Fantasy 13 was a waste of Square Enix's time. I believe it totally flopped within a month. No one wanted it.

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

lionheart

Quote from: Jennifer RachaelAnn on April 20, 2017, 01:46:27 PM

The best way I can think to describe it is like Netflix for games, except not :P You have to pay for each individual game instead of a monthly fee, but there is a huge (albeit limited) library of games from various developers all in one place. There's also a kind of social media aspect involved, like you can add friends who can all see what you're playing and what games you own. It's quite expansive, actually, I would definitely recommend checking it out if you're into PC gaming at all.

Also, Innowave, the games are stored in a Steam folder in program files
  •  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

Wouldn't GameFly be a better solution? It's run exactly like Netflix. I think it's actually owned by Netflix. You pay a fee every month based on how many games you want to get at once, there's no official due date, and they have probably well over a full million different games.

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

toxicketchup

Farcry 2, it just was not fun or enjoyable for me at all.
PSN: Toxicketchup363 (Please include a brief message if you add me so that I know you're not a complete stranger)
  •