Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

New section added to Legal - Name Change

Started by stephanie_craxford, November 16, 2005, 08:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

I've added a section on changing your name as it applies to the Province of Ontario, in Canada.

http://susans.org/wiki/Name_change#Ontario

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

Gosh Steph! There you go again. I was just thinking last night that I might do a topic on my name change here in Georgia. I can't say I'll get it done today but I've got some stuff I can add that might be useful we could add to the Wiki.

Cassie
  •  

Dennis

Arright, you shamed me into it! I added one for British Columbia name change and other documentation.

I guess we should do one for federal documents as well. I've done my SIN, but haven't had my citizenship card returned yet, so I don't know if what I did was right.

Dennis
  •  

Susan

Quote from: melissa_girl on November 16, 2005, 01:16:32 PM
I love wiki!!! ;D  I can correct spelling mistakes.  Yay.  That's something about webpages I wished I could do many times.

If you enjoy it hon,  have at it! :)
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Dennis

Heh, and I managed to correct where I put the information. I hadn't realized there was a separate section for drivers' licences. Moved the DL stuff to there and kept the name change stuff where it was.

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Dennis on November 16, 2005, 01:11:31 PM
Arright, you shamed me into it! I added one for British Columbia name change and other documentation.

I guess we should do one for federal documents as well. I've done my SIN, but haven't had my citizenship card returned yet, so I don't know if what I did was right.

Dennis

Ok Dennis, I just updated Ontario and added a section for the Federal Government, check it out and see if there is anything Canadians should consider.

Chat later,

Steph
  •  

Dennis

OK, I added one thing for those of us who were not born here. It takes FOREVER to get a citizenship card, and if you don't change your SIN first, you're hooped.

I sent my change in to citizenship in August. Got a letter in September saying it would take 5-7 months. I just got a letter last week that said it would take "longer than expected". So I'm trapped in the country for god knows how long.

Dennis
  •  

krptcmschfmkr128

The link in Ontario's information doesn't work. It redirects to http://www.ontario.ca/func/keyword/error.htm

ETA: It seems to be a problem with the website itself, I even tried finding it through the home page and it directs me to there.
  •  

Renate

Thanks for mentioning the dead link, krptcmschfmkr128. It moved on us, again.

The corrected, correct link is Changing Your Name (Ontario). Corrected again 2/28
  •  

krptcmschfmkr128

No problem! They still direct to a dead link though for printing the form.  ::) Gotta love Gonvernment of any sort! lol
  •  

Renate

•