Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

sleeping in/accidentally missing spiro dose

Started by =celestica=, August 09, 2013, 06:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=celestica=

Hey everyone, just so anyone that doesn't know, I've been on HRT kinda long-term(2 years)
I'm on weekly e injections and I take spiro twice a day.
Sometimes I sleep in or I'm unable to take it in the morning and it happens at night too if I go out and don't get back home soon enough.

I'm good at taking it on time, but ya know every once in a while it happens.
any bad news about this? Am I messing up the effects? Or is it nothing to be worried about?

•  

Flan

short answer: no

less short answer: try missing it completely for a couple days to a week straight and ask again; you'll probably have the other answer then. :p
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

kathyk

No, it's not an issue.  You can wait for the next dose or take one if it's only two or three hours late.  Spiro is a fairly benign drug for most people, but you still never want to double up on a dose if you missed one.

•  

MaidofOrleans

I've been off it and estrogen for almost 2 weeks in prep for surgery. I wouldn't worry about missing one dose every now and then. I haven't seen much of a change other than my mood being crap and feeling like garbage.
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: MaidofOrleans on August 09, 2013, 10:01:29 PM
I've been off it and estrogen for almost 2 weeks in prep for surgery. I wouldn't worry about missing one dose every now and then. I haven't seen much of a change other than my mood being crap and feeling like garbage.

Hang in there Maid! You're almost there :D
  •  

Ltl89

Unfortunately, you may turn into the old spice guy.  It happens sometimes when missing a dose.   ;)

You'll be fine.

Quote from: MaidofOrleans on August 09, 2013, 10:01:29 PM

Sorry.  But don't worry, you'll make it through.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Most every doctor will tell you to take your missed dosage as soon as you remember, or take the next dosage if it is closer in time.

Missing a dose will not hurt anything.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

pebbles

Ahh I'm the same I've mucked it up a few times and for the longest time I was on the same regime as you. Other times I've had issues with supply due to the NHS or other problems so wasn't able to get any more for an extended period of time, that was more serious.

Spiro.
Missing 1 Day (No problem)
Missing every Alternate Day for a week (Minor problems - Slightly oily skin itchy groin Feel like crap)
Missing 3 consecutive Days (Minor problems - Slightly oily skin itchy groin Feel like crap)
Missing 2 weeks (Severe problems, Facial hair regrowth and I go completely insane... Injecting pure ethanol into them, or the other time where I went insane and tried to cut my genitals off... I got pretty far actually had to go to A&E and get stitches)

E Injection
Missing 1 day (No problem)
Missing 3 Days (Minor problems - Crabby, Hot flushes)
Missing 2 Weeks (Moderate problems - No energy, insomnia, Depressed, hot flushes, Back and legs hurt, boobs go squishy)
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: pebbles on August 10, 2013, 03:32:29 AM

Missing 2 weeks (Severe problems, Facial hair regrowth and I go completely insane... Injecting pure ethanol into them, or the other time where I went insane and tried to cut my genitals off... I got pretty far actually had to go to A&E and get stitches)

Missing 2 Weeks (Moderate problems - No energy, insomnia, Depressed, hot flushes, Back and legs hurt, boobs go squishy)

Oh god i'm getting there.....four more days till surgery....must make it.... :'(
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Rachel

I missed 1 dose of spiro, Finasteride and E 1 time and I felt horrible for missing it but had no issues, I think. I thought I was grumpy but it was most likely from worry.

Maidoforlens I will keep you in my thoughts.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •