Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Long Term Unemployment and Severe Depression/ Suicidal Thoughts.

Started by Ltl89, August 22, 2013, 11:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadeleineG

•  

Taka

Quote from: learningtolive on September 25, 2013, 09:16:53 PM
For clarification, some posts have been deleted because they had the quotes of another user and I hope that makes someone else feel better.  Again, please realize this post was about my problems and issues, no one else's.  While I believe things can improve and have maintained my optimism, I in no way will claim I know what lies ahead for others and would never belittle the problems of others or claim my situation is worse than theirs.  Please don't get upset or angry at me for that because I didn't do anything wrong.  I'm no such a bad person.  Thank you.
i'm kind of glad i didn't see whatever it was that happened. doesn't sound like the experience was too good.
you truly deserve some happiness, and knowing that things are getting better for you makes me happy as well.

i'll also take this opportunity to invite you to seek refuge at the androgyne forums if things get too rough in other places. i promise we'll be nice with you.
  •  

Bardoux

Quote from: learningtolive on September 25, 2013, 02:54:52 PM
Update:

I felt the need to give this thread a positive end.  As many of you know, I have been unemployed for quite some time and it has been killing me.  Well, I recently have received word that my temp job is going to turn into something permanent.  I can't tell you how elated I feel and excited.  This is the best news I have had in a very long time.  While the temp job is full time, the permanent position that I'll transfer into is part time, but I'm not phased by this.  Even though that isn't perfect, I have the ability to work my way up and prove myself.  It's a new field for me, so I will love to get the experience and it may be something I could do while attending grad school.  Plus, the person in charge of hiring me is aware of my transition and is okay with it.   Yeah, I still have to wait for the hr bureaucracy to finish their processing (which is taking an eternity) and have some pre-employment tasks to do like get a drug test and physical, but I should have a job soon enough.  All in all this is a pretty great situation for me!

Despite my desire to leave this thread because it brings up some uncomfortable things, I did want to share the positive development to show people that things CAN get better.  We all go through hard times and struggles in our lives.  This post is a testament to mine and it shows how far from hopeful I was about my future.  And yet, now I find myself in a positive situation that will only take me up.  Even though it's hard for us to see the good in the future, we all must remember that the good can happen.  Yeah, nothing is guaranteed, but that applies to our bad situations as well.  I hope those struggling will take this as a friendly reminder about unpredictability of life and how we can find ourselves back into a positive environment.  Personally, I know I need this reminder for other aspects in my life and will use it as a helpful tool to help further progression in those areas (i.e my transition fears and lack of self confidence).

Brilliant!!
  •  

Ltl89

Well, apparently I'm as good as I thought at putting two and two together as I thought.  Since this has been confirmed and has continued, I want to make a final statement because it has gotten a bit personal.

It's doesn't take a lot of GALL to write out an honest assessment of one's depression and hardships with the caveat that they don't want others to use it for justification to harm themselves.  Nor does saying things can possibly get better warrant physical threats of violence against me.  There are plenty of disclaimers on this post, put up just for you, so it's clear what I intended to say.  I apologized if you took offense to anything, for whatever reason, and then tried to talk things out with you.   I let it go along time ago and you came back as soon as I posted again on this thread. Not about you or your life.  About mine.  I talked about me and suggested it can happen for others.  So, does that really warrant an attack on me or the site?  Do you really have to use me as a venting outlet for your personal issues when you are the one seeking me out?  If you wanted your nasty quotes taken down, I would have done so, but I was never told.  They are down now and you can continue shouting at me from afar about your problems even though I personally did nothing to harm you or anyone else.  Seriously, I hope you find what you are looking for in your life, but I want nothing to do with your anger and aggression.  To be honest, you really scare me and I almost left the site partly because of your threat to slap me and your overt hostility over pretty much nothing.  Please leave me alone and stop the nonsense.  I didn't deserve it then and I don't deserve it now.

P.S.  Please don't ask me what this is about or respond.  If you don't know, then consider yourself lucky. 

•  

MadeleineG

Quote from: learningtolive on September 26, 2013, 05:46:23 PM
Well, apparently I'm as good as I thought at putting two and two together as I thought.  Since this has been confirmed and has continued, I want to make a final statement because it has gotten a bit personal.

It's doesn't take a lot of GALL to write out an honest assessment of one's depression and hardships with the caveat that they don't want others to use it for justification to harm themselves.  Nor does saying things can possibly get better warrant physical threats of violence against me.  There are plenty of disclaimers on this post, put up just for you, so it's clear what I intended to say.  I apologized if you took offense to anything, for whatever reason, and then tried to talk things out with you.   I let it go along time ago and you came back as soon as I posted again on this thread. Not about you or your life.  About mine.  I talked about me and suggested it can happen for others.  So, does that really warrant an attack on me or the site?  Do you really have to use me as a venting outlet for your personal issues when you are the one seeking me out?  If you wanted your nasty quotes taken down, I would have done so, but I was never told.  They are down now and you can continue shouting at me from afar about your problems even though I personally did nothing to harm you or anyone else.  Seriously, I hope you find what you are looking for in your life, but I want nothing to do with your anger and aggression.  To be honest, you really scare me and I almost left the site partly because of your threat to slap me and your overt hostility over pretty much nothing.  Please leave me alone and stop the nonsense.  I didn't deserve it then and I don't deserve it now.

P.S.  Please don't ask me what this is about or respond.  If you don't know, then consider yourself lucky.

*moral support*
  •