Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I would like to write a chess blog

Started by LisaW, September 02, 2013, 04:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaW

Hi, I'm still a little new here, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I would love to write a chess blog! I have been playing tournament chess for over 20 years, I know the game, and I know the world chess scene. I would really enjoy it, and hope others will too. :)
  •  

Jamie D

How fun Lisa!

Right now, all of the available blog spaces are taken, but as an alternative, do you want to start a series of regular topics in the Hobbies or Gaming boards?

I would participate.  We have a few other players here as well.

My main claim to chess fame was getting wiped off the board by Diane Saveride in a collegiate tournament years ago.   :-\
  •  

LisaW

lol, Well former World Champion Anatoly Karpov once said it takes 1,000 losses to become a master :).  Yeah, I would love to start a forum topic, I'll do it sometime in the next few days :)
  •  

Ltl89

Oh... I will be following this!  I've always wanted to learn how play chess the proper way.  I get the gist of it, but I'm terrible at creating decent strategies.  I almost never win, so I really don't play. 
  •  

LisaW

Ok, the demand is there :) Maybe tonight, a bit of a party is starting, but for sure in the next day or two. Chess is one of my great passions, I love it as much as life!
  •  

dalebert

I remember when a guy taught me chess as a kid. We played many games late into the night and I lost every one and ended up hardly ever playing again. I think it was just too much discouragement at an age when I was too impressionable.