Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

'Trans': A journey into the transgender world raises awareness (Video)

Started by Amelia Pond, September 03, 2013, 01:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Pond

'Trans': A journey into the transgender world raises awareness (Video)
Tarringo Vaughan, September 1, 2013

Transgender people face discrimination in every aspect of their lives. The documentary "Trans", released in 2012, takes viewers on a journey into the transgender world through personal narratives, real life experiences, emotions and stories that have changed lives and will change lives. The film was made to raise awareness of transgender issues. That's why the documentary is being used to highlight the transgender community in Carson Valley, Nevada according to the Nevada Appeal on September 1.

Because of the surge in participation of younger people who are in the process of making the transition or considering it, the Carson City Chapter of Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) is hosting a showing of "Trans" to raise awareness and also to show those who identify as transgender that they are not alone in this world. The documentary shows that they are not alone in facing the many challenges, struggles and internal conflicts many face growing up in a society where they are misunderstood and mistreated.

---------------

I love Trans the movie and I think it's great that they're doing this. I think Trans is a really good documentary for someone's first glimpse into being transgender. :) I know it really helped some of the people I came out to and helped them to better understand what it meant to be trans.
  •