Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hip area changes

Started by Lexi Belle, September 08, 2013, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi Belle

I'm wondering what I can expect in my hip area, I've seen a lot of mixed information.  It's just odd to me that I can have 39-40 inch hips in circumference with a 31 inch waist, but still look like I have a totally male lower section.  My chest is only 32-33 inches in circumference where underbust would be if I had a bust. :P  Yet when I look in the mirror my hips/pelvic area look super tiny in comparison (only maybe an inch or 2 wider from the frontal view.)

Whatcha guys think? This concern is more vain than anything.
Skype- Alexandria.Edelmeyer
  •  

A

Your hip circumference takes into account the size of your butt. That's the key issue.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Lexi Belle

Yeah, I know. Even my butt looks small from a side view xD
  •  

A

Well, either you have wrong notions of what is a big or small butt/hips/waist/ribcage/shoulders, either you mismeasure. Honestly I can't tell you much else. The measuring tape says what it says. If you can, find yourself some comparison values for both circumferences and widths and see how you differ. If your circumference is average but your width is below, then the difference must be in the other dimension.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Christine167

Stop measuring from the iliac crest and start measuring from the around the greater trochanter.

Your butt & thighs will grow around from there. That iliac crest isn't going to pick up a whole lot right away unless the J-Lo fairy visits you one night.  ;)
  •  

Lexi Belle

Quote from: Christine167 on September 08, 2013, 06:38:36 PM
Stop measuring from the iliac crest and start measuring from the around the greater trochanter.

Your butt & thighs will grow around from there. That iliac crest isn't going to pick up a whole lot right away unless the J-Lo fairy visits you one night.  ;)

I measure directly where my literal hip bone pops out. The literal corner of that leg bone. :P

Anyhoo, I uploaded 2 pics that do only show the Iliac crest, but I'm saving the lower body nudity.  Call me crazy! But I think I'm doing something wrong.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101065369@N05/9706367434/in/photostream/

I have since privatized these photos, I'll post them up in private if requested via PM.
  •  

Christine167

In that case I'm sorry that I doubted you and I don't think that you are doing anything wrong.
I was an x-ray tech for 6 and half years and just looking at your hips they do have a bit more volume than your chest. So that could be where you are seeing the extra inches.

I suggested that you might measuring wrong because my students used to do it all the time and have to repeat their bladder films. That said enjoy and maybe do some butt workout to enhance it girl. The rest of you will eventually catch up and then you'll be a little hottie.
  •  

Lexi Belle

Quote from: Christine167 on September 08, 2013, 06:50:11 PM
In that case I'm sorry that I doubted you and I don't think that you are doing anything wrong.
I was an x-ray tech for 6 and half years and just looking at your hips they do have a bit more volume than your chest. So that could be where you are seeing the extra inches.

I suggested that you might measuring wrong because my students used to do it all the time and have to repeat their bladder films. That said enjoy and maybe do some butt workout to enhance it girl. The rest of you will eventually catch up and then you'll be a little hottie.

A little near 6 foot tall hottie, maybe. xD
  •  

A

Basically, the thing is to measure the hips at their widest point, wherever it is, no?

Also, I'm curious. Having a relatively smooth curve or literally a strong crease between the top and bottom width maximums of the widths... is this affected by something else than fat? Do cis women's hipbones have a difference compared to cis men's in that regard?

PS: Awesomely clean room, haha.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Christine167

Quote from: Sierra Belle on September 08, 2013, 06:53:14 PM

A little near 6 foot tall hottie, maybe. xD
A lot of guys like tall women. I'm counting on it too at my 6'2" self.
Now if I could just get the shoe companies to make more women's size 13s....
  •  

Christine167

Quote from: A on September 08, 2013, 07:00:18 PM
1. Basically, the thing is to measure the hips at their widest point, wherever it is, no?

2. Also, I'm curious. Having a relatively smooth curve or literally a strong crease between the top and bottom width maximums of the widths... is this affected by something else than fat? Do cis women's hipbones have a difference compared to cis men's in that regard?

Answer to 1- Yes o are right for clothing fit of pants butt the topic is on hip area changes and those tend to start down low and move their way up as it were.  ;) pun intended

Answer to 2- It's all about the abdominal cavity. Sierra just happens to be bless with a tiny one. However you can shrink it a bit with exercise to a point. Extra muscle just compresses it even when at rest. Extra muscle on the butt just expands the butt.
  •  

Lexi Belle

Quote from: A on September 08, 2013, 07:00:18 PM
Basically, the thing is to measure the hips at their widest point, wherever it is, no?

Also, I'm curious. Having a relatively smooth curve or literally a strong crease between the top and bottom width maximums of the widths... is this affected by something else than fat? Do cis women's hipbones have a difference compared to cis men's in that regard?

PS: Awesomely clean room, haha.

I share it with my 12 year old (boy) cousin right now.  Probably the only reason I'm holding back on being totally "feminine."  I spent a couple months in Hayward and for the entire time I was there I trained my voice, so that's pretty much the only thing feminine about me aside from my hormone levels at the moment. They definitely noticed, I had my sister's boyfriend thinking I had a girl in my room. Lol.

Also, all that crap, bed and the closet I let him use for his own are pretty much his territory, I got tired of cleaning it all up.
  •  

Christine167

Quote from: Sierra Belle on September 08, 2013, 07:09:00 PM
I share it with my 12 year old (boy) cousin right now.  Probably the only reason I'm holding back on being totally "feminine."  I spent a couple months in Hayward and for the entire time I was there I trained my voice, so that's pretty much the only thing feminine about me aside from my hormone levels at the moment. They definitely noticed, I had my sister's boyfriend thinking I had a girl in my room. Lol.

Also, all that crap, bed and the closet I let him use for his own are pretty much his territory, I got tired of cleaning it all up.
Congrats on the voice.  :) I just really got started after attending some classes on it myself. I've got a long way to go but it's getting easier everyday.
  •  

Lexi Belle

Quote from: Christine167 on September 08, 2013, 07:12:36 PM
Congrats on the voice.  :) I just really got started after attending some classes on it myself. I've got a long way to go but it's getting easier everyday.
I don't know if you've looked in to it, but I literally went to one site and it gave me all the tips I needed, I literally had a perfectly passable voice the very first day. (thought VERY scratchy at first). Frequent breaks were totally REQUIRED.
http://www.looking-glass.greenend.org.uk/voice.htm

If I knew how to send Audio through here, I would send the first thing I used as my beginning benchmark.
  •  

Christine167

Quote from: Sierra Belle on September 08, 2013, 07:16:37 PM
I don't know if you've looked in to it, but I literally went to one site and it gave me all the tips I needed, I literally had a perfectly passable voice the very first day. (thought VERY scratchy at first). Frequent breaks were totally REQUIRED.
http://www.looking-glass.greenend.org.uk/voice.htm

If I knew how to send Audio through here, I would send the first thing I used as my beginning benchmark.
Nice. Thanks I just added it to my collection of training materials. I'm looking into Kathe Perez's 30 day challenge as well. I attended one of her classes at SCC and she was really good.
  •  

Lexi Belle

Quote from: Christine167 on September 08, 2013, 07:20:04 PM
Nice. Thanks I just added it to my collection of training materials. I'm looking into Kathe Perez's 30 day challenge as well. I attended one of her classes at SCC and she was really good.

I didn't put much more effort in finding other vocal exercises, I might look in to something a couple months down the road to maybe perfect some imperfections but I feel like that site really did it for me as far as getting the basics down.  I'm still trying to work on the "sing songiness." I'm slowly getting in more pitch and less monotone the more I fixate on it. I've pretty much gotten rid of monotony in my voice.
  •  

Christine167

Quote from: Sierra Belle on September 08, 2013, 07:29:46 PM
I didn't put much more effort in finding other vocal exercises, I might look in to something a couple months down the road to maybe perfect some imperfections but I feel like that site really did it for me as far as getting the basics down.  I'm still trying to work on the "sing songiness." I'm slowly getting in more pitch and less monotone the more I fixate on it. I've pretty much gotten rid of monotony in my voice.
Nice.
I agree that one can get it down well but I feel that I will need a maintenance plan of sorts so I am branching out. Plus I find that different instructors have different ways of teaching which keeps it fresh. Hopefully eventually I won't need to stay so focused on it but time will tell. ;)
  •  

Lexi Belle

Quote from: Christine167 on September 08, 2013, 07:53:18 PM
Nice.
I agree that one can get it down well but I feel that I will need a maintenance plan of sorts so I am branching out. Plus I find that different instructors have different ways of teaching which keeps it fresh. Hopefully eventually I won't need to stay so focused on it but time will tell. ;)

Yeah, it's definitely more safe to do it that way, for all I know I could have damaged my voice having not seen an educated instructor.  But eh, I was feeling hopeless so I decided to come out to online communities as a girl. Was pleasantly surprised I passed, so it did me good at least and I do like what I have so far.  A little loss for a big gain was enough for me, now I have no idea how to get my male voice back it's become so natural.
  •  

A

Haha, if it makes you feel better, I got my female voice by not allowing my voice to change at puberty. With coughs and weird sounds and violent throat clearings and... well it bled a little sometimes. If anyone's damaged her voice, it's me. Though in exchange I have no male voice that I know of, and I never had to endure the agony of hearing a man when I speak. So yeah, I don't regret it.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

smile_jma

How do you not allow it to change at puberty without meds? I'm way past that time, but just curious...
  •