Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Edgecombe Co. transgender student wants stricter bullying policies *triggers*

Started by Amelia Pond, September 13, 2013, 10:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Pond

*TRIGGER WARNING*
Edgecombe Co. transgender student wants stricter bullying policies
Derick Waller, Sep 12, 2013 7:32 PM

A transgender student at Edgecombe Community College said constant harassment, bullying and death threats have forced her to consider dropping out of school.  Now, she wants colleges to enact tought anti-bullying policies.

Vishon Murphy was born a man but now identifies herself as a woman.  Her new name is Jasmine.

"I plan on having surgery to get a whole process done because I want to be a woman," Murphy said.

The process of becoming Jasmine is something not everyone at Edgecombe Community College understands. Murphy said that ignorance has led to threats against her life.
  •  

suzifrommd

Am I the only one who is aggravated because the first quote they chose to use in the article involved this woman's (irrelevant) surgical status?
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Vicky

Quote from: suzifrommd on September 13, 2013, 12:04:21 PM
Am I the only one who is aggravated because the first quote they chose to use in the article involved this woman's (irrelevant) surgical status?

I agree that it is irrelevant in the extreme, since it takes the focus off the crap she is having shoveled onto her.  Of course the first comment on the web site is the old staple of "born a male always a male!"

Twaddle!!
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •