Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How Do You Handle Being A Transsexual?

Started by FreshGuy, September 16, 2013, 04:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshGuy

I am having huge problems handling being a transsexual, how do you all deal with it?

How do I manage having a brain/body mismatch?

Do I have a female brain? I dunno, I might do but I need help! How do you all handle being mtfs?

I am finding my trans status UBER hard to deal with!!
  •  

Tessa James

Hey Fresh Guy,

You certainly are reaching out with multiple posts about coping with where you are at.  We all benefit from a helping hand and I was one who initially needed lots of hand holding.

I trust you can also take a deep breath and remember that we do better with one issue and one day at a time. 

It is unlikely that you will find all the answers before feeling compelled to take a deeper look at yourself or take action.  Allow yourself all the time you need.

Roll this out at your own pace and recognize questions may remain while your very unique set of life circumstances, strengths and weakness will be challenged.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: Tessa James on September 16, 2013, 05:11:00 PM
Hey Fresh Guy,

You certainly are reaching out with multiple posts about coping with where you are at.  We all benefit from a helping hand and I was one who initially needed lots of hand holding.

I trust you can also take a deep breath and remember that we do better with one issue and one day at a time. 

It is unlikely that you will find all the answers before feeling compelled to take a deeper look at yourself or take action.  Allow yourself all the time you need.

Roll this out at your own pace and recognize questions may remain while your very unique set of life circumstances, strengths and weakness will be challenged.

aww thanks Tessa, I wish you could hug me and make all this pain go away!

I need help :'(  :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
  •  

Renee

Many of us start with talking things over with a therapist that has experience in gender issues.
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: butterface on September 16, 2013, 05:13:07 PM
Many of us start with talking things over with a therapist that has experience in gender issues.

that just seems so scary, I don't think I could manage that just yet.

normal counselling is hard enough
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: FreshGuy on September 16, 2013, 05:12:48 PM
aww thanks Tessa, I wish you could hug me and make all this pain go away!

I need help :'(  :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

The best I can offer you today is a virtual hug.  I had a career in anesthesia and the only way I could take all your pain away would be to render you unconscious ;) ???  How long do you want to be asleep? ???

Oh and please do recall how badly that worked for Michael Jackson....
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

PrincessPatience

As scary as it sounds, It would be best to speak with a therapist. But i think of it as a simple birth defect.
  •  

barshamaudrey

Its not easy hunn.. I take it 1 day at a time. Part of being trans is the image you represent, you represent an individual who is different and not normal like everybody else and that is ok!!! that's the first part is admitting to yourself its ok! before I came out full time and I before hormones I took whatever clothes I had a whatever make up I had did my best to look good and went to Wal-Mart the mall places where I new ignorant people and I walked around I heard many rude things people laughing at me kids asking if I was a boy or a girl you name it I did this a lot and every time I got used to I started to build a wall  against it and I learned more about what it takes to express yourself as a girl by watching cis girls, the walk the, the playing with hair when nervous or shy, the way their voice changes when there happy, the way they stand when there not moving I adopted these traits the best I could and that was several years ago, its been about 2 years that I've been out full time and I've been on hrt ever since. Being on hrt makes things a lot easier and you feel more at the average girls level. now when I'm waiting in line or talking to someone I don't even notice how feminine I act it gets like permanently in your personality and eventually you don't even have to worry so much even walking like a girl I don't even remember how to walk like a guy! haha so to answer your question just take it 1 day at a time learn what you can make lots of girl friends as there there to help and support your feminization. good luck hun.
  •  

Marissa

Quote from: PrincessPatience on September 16, 2013, 05:23:08 PM
As scary as it sounds, It would be best to speak with a therapist. But i think of it as a simple birth defect.

This.
  •  

kelly_aus

I get up every day and just live my life. Being trans doesn't even really enter my mind..
  •  

Aina

I didn't deal with it till about a month ago because I didn't want to accept it, I am learning to deal with it, it is hard because I flip flop back and forth. I've found talking with other transgender people has helped and I "feel" like I am slowly moving towards coming out so I can go to a therapist and maybe figure out more.

Honestly my flip flopping back and forth is what I think has prevented me from coming out... waa hehe.
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: Kelly the Post-Trans-Rebel on September 16, 2013, 06:51:16 PM
I get up every day and just live my life. Being trans doesn't even really enter my mind..

Wow, you're so lucky! Transsexuality is constantly on my mind. My trans truth is always there
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: FreshGuy on September 16, 2013, 08:01:52 PM
Wow, you're so lucky! Transsexuality is constantly on my mind. My trans truth is always there

FreshGuy if you're really serious about getting help from a forum and not going for therapy you're going to have to at least open up a little more instead of just repeating the same thing over and over and over again.  Also, the large bold font and constantly typing ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and other forms of screaming aren't really helping.  Everyone here already understands what you have stated, repeating it over and over again is just making people take you less seriously.  From the information you have given us, the only thing people can say is go to therapy.  Perhaps if you try to answer some people's questions without freaking out and restating what you already have said you might get somewhere.  Just my two cents, do with it what you want.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: This is the displayed name that people will see. on September 16, 2013, 08:10:55 PM
FreshGuy if you're really serious about getting help from a forum and not going for therapy you're going to have to at least open up a little more instead of just repeating the same thing over and over and over again.  Also, the large bold font and constantly typing ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and other forms of screaming aren't really helping.  Everyone here already understands what you have stated, repeating it over and over again is just making people take you less seriously.  From the information you have given us, the only thing people can say is go to therapy.  Perhaps if you try to answer some people's questions without freaking out and restating what you already have said you might get somewhere.  Just my two cents, do with it what you want.

Okay thank you This is the displayed name that people will see

I am just findign ti really hard accepting my transsexuality. I am trying to be as open and honest as I can. I am hoenstly not ready to go to therapy about this so online is my only avenue. I find it hard not to type "aaaah" and use bold cos I AM HAVING A CRISIS I NEED HELP I NEED HELP HANDLING MY TRANSSEXUALITY!!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME??? PLEASE

ONE OF YOU MUST BE ABLE TO HELP ME!!
  •  

Katie

I was born a woman. When my bell went off I did not waste time being a transsexual. I did everything I could to become the woman I knew I was. Simple as that.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: FreshGuy on September 16, 2013, 08:14:19 PM
Okay thank you This is the displayed name that people will see

I am just findign ti really hard accepting my transsexuality. I am trying to be as open and honest as I can. I am hoenstly not ready to go to therapy about this so online is my only avenue. I find it hard not to type "aaaah" and use bold cos I AM HAVING A CRISIS I NEED HELP I NEED HELP HANDLING MY TRANSSEXUALITY!!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME??? PLEASE

ONE OF YOU MUST BE ABLE TO HELP ME!!

I'll try this one more time despite the fact that I doubt it will have any effect.  Take my advice and I guarantee you will get more help than you have been getting thus far.  Don't take my advice and all of your threads will end up going in the same exact circular pattern and it may even end up being labeled as spam (as it already has by an administrator of the site).  If that is your goal, to see how long you can go before everyone gets fed up, you're well on your way.

•  

bethany

Hi Freshguy, Being trans is as hard as you make it out to be. You can try to run and hide from it or you can confront your fears head on. The best advice I can give you is to find someone to talk about it with. As scary as that sounds it will get easier to talk about the more you do it. Find a good therapist who specializes in trans care. At first you don't have to go into great depth. Go at a speed that you feel comfortable with. Get to know your therapist and let them get to know you. Build up a rapport with him/her.

If you don't want to do that just yet talk with a friend or family member that you trust.

I am at the point where I am very comfortable being me; after years of being in a very similar spot as yourself.

Remember that every journey starts with a single step and its that one step that is the most difficult.
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: Katie on September 16, 2013, 08:15:47 PM
I was born a woman. When my bell went off I did not waste time being a transsexual. I did everything I could to become the woman I knew I was. Simple as that.

I see myself as a transsexual/mtf more than I see myself as a woman.
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: This is the displayed name that people will see. on September 16, 2013, 08:18:01 PM
I'll try this one more time despite the fact that I doubt it will have any effect.  Take my advice and I guarantee you will get more help than you have been getting thus far.  Don't take my advice and all of your threads will end up going in the same exact circular pattern and it may even end up being labeled as spam (as it already has by an administrator of the site).  If that is your goal, to see how long you can go before everyone gets fed up, you're well on your way.

Yeah one of my threads randomly disappeared, I dunno what happened to it. I am going through a crisis, I NEED HELP!!!!!

I am in no way shape or form ready to go to my doctor and talk about this. Sorry I am not...
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: FreshGuy on September 16, 2013, 08:20:26 PM
Yeah one of my threads randomly disappeared, I dunno what happened to it. I am going through a crisis, I NEED HELP!!!!!

I am in no way shape or form ready to go to my doctor and talk about this. Sorry I am not...

Good luck.

•