Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Migraine

Started by Xhianil, October 02, 2013, 01:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xhianil

I have migranes almost daily, i can't see, am dizzy, and have no access to a doctor. Any ideas on how to treat them? I tried taking pills (Excedrin, Advil, ect.) to no affect. any help is greatly appreciated.
  •  

Jamie D

•  

eli77

First, are you sure it is migraines? I.e. do you have a diagnosis/history of migraines? If not, you really really need to see a doctor right away. Migraines, while horrible, are not particularly hazardous to your long term health. Other kinds of headaches can be indicative of various dangerous underlying causes.

If you know it is migraines, there isn't much better than Excedrin for over the counter drugs. Anything good requires a prescription. Some people find just straight caffeine is helpful. You could also try Sudafed, but don't mix that with the Excedrin. Try to avoid your triggers, obviously.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I'm a retired paramedic. You need to find some way to see a doctor. It could be a migraine, blood pressure problem, heart problem, Diabetic complication or something more severe like an aneurism. Not trying to scare, just help. They might be able to alleviate some of the pain as well. Good luck baby!
  •  

Emerson

Naproxen works well for migraine. Also imitrex is available OTC In England and it is listed on amazon in the us. Although, it is probably more expensive than seeing a doctor.

I take propranolol to prevent migraines. It's cheap, but I did get them from a doctor.

Taking magnesium, melatonin, and or feverfew might help, if you want to Go natural. 

I got migraines 2-3 times a week before propranolol and melatonin. Now I get one maybe once a month. Hang in there. 
  •