Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A kiss...

Started by stephanie_craxford, November 20, 2005, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

My brother-in-law "J" and his wife came for a visit this weekend.  Both my partner and I were kinda nervous how they would take me. We came out to them about two months ago, but this would be the first time that they would have seen Stephanie.

When they arrived all the nervousness went away.  They were great and treated me as though nothing had changed.  We spent the day chatting and had a delicious roast chicken dinner.  We ended the night drinking wine, playing a game of Mexican Train" and just more chatting about how the transition is going and how they felt about the whole thing.

It was very late and decided that it was time for bed and just before we turned in for the night  J came over and gave me a hug, and kissing me on the cheek, said that to him I am a woman and that's the way he will treat me.  The kiss really threw me as I didn't expect it, but at the same time it felt so natural.

Today, Sunday, they left and at the door we all hugged and and J again kissed all the girls on the cheek, and they were off.

It was one of the greatest weekends, but that kiss seemed to have the biggest impact and to be honest I can't figure out why.  I'm thinking that it's because it's the way that men often show their affection and love for someone who is close to them, rather than the handshakes we used to exchange.

Steph
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Wow Steph that great. I'm celebrating with you.
You've got a great brother-in-law.
Acceptance from others may not be needed but it sure is appreciated.

Rejoicing,
Jillieann  :eusa_dance:
  •  

Northern Jane

•  

beth

That's great Steph,

The kiss is important because it signals a complete knowledge and acceptance of you being female.

beth
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: beth on November 20, 2005, 06:56:23 PM
That's great Steph,

The kiss is important because it signals a complete knowledge and acceptance of you being female.
beth

Thanks Beth, I should have thought about that, it explains the strange feeling that I had when it happened, makes sense.

Steph,
WWotW
  •  

Sheila

Stephanie, that was wonderful.
Sheila
  •  

Cassandra

That's wonderful Steph, and Beth is right. He sees you as female and is comfortable with hugging you and kissing you on the cheek. It is truly an affirmation of your femininity.

Cassie
  •  

Shelley

I have to say that you are one lucky lady surrounded by some pretty special people.

Mind you judging from the lady that I've come to know you as you deserve nothing less.

Hugs (and a kiss on the cheek) Shelley

•  

LostInTime

Congrats, they sound way cool.  :)

It took me a bit to get used to kisses on the cheek, giving them back, and the crowd I run with now is VERY huggy.  :)
  •  

gina_taylor

You're really making some good progress with your transition Stephanie. I really hope that it continues well for you as you make your steps towards womanhood  :).

Gina
  •  

Chaunte

Steph,

Congratulations on such wonderful news.  Sometimes ther is nothing better than to be accepted by a family member, and you certainly were.

Peace,

Chaune
  •  

Andre

Great Steph! :D  We're all humans at first. So happy for u. It's important to be accepted in family:)

•  

JenniferElizabeth

Great Steph,
I know it made your day.  :eusa_clap:
  •  

Sara

That's fantastic Stephanie. It is equaly important to also have your sister give you a hug and a kiss do you think?

Sara.
  •  

Teri Anne

That's great, Steph!  It's so neat to get that kind of affirmation of who we really are.  It reminded me of a similar incident I experienced.  My best friend, a female coworker, would shake my hand before I transitioned.  After transitioning, now I get a hug or peck on the lips or cheek.  When I first got that kiss, I was somewhat stunned/happy but I couldn't help thinking how her husband was fine with the kiss.  If I'd been a male, he might have been uptight about his wife kissing a guy.  But there was only acceptance.

Hey, in this war called transition, we DESERVE to win some battles!

Teri Anne
  •