Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Unaffordable Care Act

Started by Tatyana, October 05, 2013, 08:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelle gee

Quote from: genderhell on October 23, 2013, 06:58:48 PM
Your argument  goes like this .. Republicans screwed up the economy and wasted money .. so what is wrong with the Democrats doing it too ... ? Hehe

The democrats have been trying to clean-up the mess left by the past republicans' administration. Its a slow process since those policy's put us in a recession.   The AFC act will in the long run bring down healthcare costs since people will be getting preventative healthcare. http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform/myths-and-facts

"The health policy experts and economists who have looked at this legislation have said we are pursuing every possible mechanism to reduce health care costs. The Congressional Budget Office found that health insurance reform will reduce the deficit by $210 billion in this decade and by more than $1 trillion over the following 10 years. And a family of four would save as much as $2,300 on their premiums in 2014 compared to what they would have paid without reform."

Quote from: genderhell on October 23, 2013, 06:58:48 PMIt is virtuous to want to pay for the healthcare of the soon to be legal 11-30 million estimated "undocumented" illegal people, and the thereafter, the estimated 50 million family members in their immediate and extended families they will be allowed to bring in, and the 1-2 million of 3rd world people they bring into the U.S. every year.

It will not be free why do so many people assume all will get free healthcare? Those people are already in the U.S. and can use the emergency rooms presently so we all are paying for it now may as well make them pay some. Besides many republican(hypocrites) owned businesses use Mexican labor!

Quote from: genderhell on October 23, 2013, 06:58:48 PMHowever,  the people that want ACA are not demanding tax increases to help pay for all this.

The people that want ACA want to run up the federal debt and declare bankruptcy later.  :'(

Bs!
The repubs shut down the govt. because of O'Bamacare how did they work out for them?
Is that good for our country because they obviously don't care about putting people out of work when they don't agree with the with the act that was passed by both houses and upheld by the SCOTUS?

•  

genderhell

It's gonna cost them dearly in upcoming elections as the majority of people are blaming republican's.

I don't see much of a difference between Republicans and Democrats. They differ on some social issues. When some Republicans lose then they join Democrats, and vice versa (search google "Democrats becomes Republicans" and "Republicans become Democrat", or even better Wikipedia for "party switching")

Quote from: michelle gee on October 23, 2013, 08:25:47 PM
The Congressional Budget Office found that health insurance reform will reduce the deficit by $210 billion in this decade and by more than $1 trillion over the following 10 years.

The former head of the CBO explained that all the CBO does is take assumptions from Congress, do the analysis, and determine the results. Congress can make wacky assumptions that make no sense, and CBO has to use them in their analysis. He called it, "garbage in, garbage out". Thus, the CBO cannot held as reliable.

I would hope that money could be saved.

However, it makes no sense to me. The federal government is incredibly inefficient. I know, I work for the federal government for that very reason, because they pay enormous salaries and require so little work.

You don't get something for nothing. That is the promise of ACA. Their hopes are pinned that the young people working at low wage, part time jobs will fund ACA by paying for insurance they don't use. That seems silly to me.

QuoteIt will not be free why do so many people assume all will get free healthcare? Those people are already in the U.S. and can use the emergency rooms presently so we all are paying for it now may as well make them pay some. Besides many republican(hypocrites) owned businesses use Mexican labor!

Why do you keep degrading Republicans? Who cares about Republicans. The concern is for the U.S. Republic and when it defaults on the debt. 

Right now illegals get emergency services, not full-service health care. There is no comparison. I know Americans without insurance that are told, "don't come back without money".

QuoteThe repubs shut down the govt. because of O'Bamacare how did they work out for them?
Is that good for our country because they obviously don't care about putting people out of work when they don't agree with the with the act that was passed by both houses and upheld by the SCOTUS?

The debt marches on .. 17+ trillion now .. you deny at your own peril .. the correction will be swift when it happens, and brutal to the poor and those that are not ready. Americans will clearly vote themselves into poverty. This is not about political parties. This about the U.S. Republic failing.
  •  

michelle gee

Quote from: genderhell on October 23, 2013, 09:45:56 PM
I don't see much of a difference between Republicans and Democrats. They differ on some social issues. When some Republicans lose then they join Democrats, and vice versa (search google "Democrats becomes Republicans" and "Republicans become Democrat", or even better Wikipedia for "party switching")

A conservative is very different from a liberal ya might want to look up the differences.
Some will change parties just to be elected and those are the ones I would be most concerned about. Where does their priorities lie?

Quote from: genderhell on October 23, 2013, 09:45:56 PMThe former head of the CBO explained that all the CBO does is take assumptions from Congress, do the analysis, and determine the results. Congress can make wacky assumptions that make no sense, and CBO has to use them in their analysis. He called it, "garbage in, garbage out". Thus, the CBO cannot held as reliable.

I would hope that money could be saved.

However, it makes no sense to me. The federal government is incredibly inefficient. I know, I work for the federal government for that very reason, because they pay enormous salaries and require so little work.

You don't get something for nothing. That is the promise of ACA. Their hopes are pinned that the young people working at low wage, part time jobs will fund ACA by paying for insurance they don't use. That seems silly to me.

The ACA is not free some will get subsidized depending on income. Those low wage young people you speak of will still be on their parents ins. policy up to age 26 so obviously more wrong info.
I see so much mis-information and propaganda being spread by repubs that many people are believeing them.
The repubs are spending lots $$$ to deceive.

Why do you keep degrading Republicans? Who cares about Republicans. The concern is for the U.S. Republic and when it defaults on the debt. 

Right now illegals get emergency services, not full-service health care. There is no comparison. I know Americans without insurance that are told, "don't come back without money".

I am not downgrading republican's I am speaking the truth....Most of them despise the LGBT (Yes that includes us).All people should be treated equally and lets leave religion out of politics.

Republican's scream about less govt. except when it concerns bringing home the bacon to their states .....the scream for less regualtions on banking, environment (EPA) insurance, consumer protections etc but if not for regualtions our air/water quality would rival China's.
Banking regulations are clearly needed as well as consumer protections.

Emergency care is quite expensive btw! By law noone can be turned away from medical care but that doesn't mean they or we are off the hook for bills...it ends up costing everyone in the long run.
Healthcare costs have been skyrocketeing much faster than the cost of living and something clearly must be done. The republican's had advocated repeal/replace but now its just repeal because they themselves offer no alternatives. Whats up with that?

The debt marches on .. 17+ trillion now .. you deny at your own peril .. the correction will be swift when it happens, and brutal to the poor and those that are not ready. Americans will clearly vote themselves into poverty. This is not about political parties. This about the U.S. Republic failing.

The debt will be taken care of and one of the first things we should do is take back the tax breaks for the wealthy they surely don't need them and continue to cut spending but not on the backs of the poor by cutting govt. progarms altogether.

It is most certainly about political parties because unless both cooperate together nothing will get done.
Repealing O'Bamacare 40 something times is wasting tax payers money also when it has NO chance of being passed!
What a joke!
  •  

Gina_Z

If you only criticize Democrats, or if you only criticize Republicans, it means you're being very unobjective. Biased. Maybe brainwashed.  :-\

As for the ACA, we do not even know what it is, exactly how it will work, what the costs will be. That's crazy, to implement a gigantic plan without knowing what it is, isn't it? Very dopey endeavor. Why not implement a health plan incrementally, so we can refine it? That would be sensible, but we're talking about the Fed govt., the people who raided our social security fund. There's a computer glitch that keeps people from signing up and I'm supposed to believe it's not something significant. Really? I think it is a foreshadowing of things to come. One last thing- the President does NOT have the POWER to pick and choose what portions of the ACA can be delayed in its implementation. Delaying any aspect of the act, is illegal. 
  •  

michelle gee

No I am true to my liberal heritage and support a liberal agenda always have always will.
Are democrats perfect, no. Are republican's liberal (perfect)? NO!
  •  

Gina_Z

That's vague.
I love fiscal Conservatives. I kiss them.  :-*
  •  

amZo

Quote from: <3 on October 22, 2013, 10:18:30 PM
The rich move to the red states for better health care, the poor move to the blue states and their economy crashes?

Yes.... and then the poor move back to the red states for better health care. Just wanted to complete the outcome.  ;)
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

People.  Settle down now.  No need to get personal.  :police:

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: amZo on October 24, 2013, 02:23:32 AM
Yes.... and then the poor move back to the red states for better health care. Just wanted to complete the outcome.  ;)

They move back but they still can't afford it.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

amZo

Quote from: <3 on October 24, 2013, 10:30:42 AM
They move back but they still can't afford it.

What I find fascinating' is, we have millions of Americans losing the health insurance plans that they can afford and like, but most of these very people are now unable to sign up for their replacement plans due to a typical government works website or it's too expensive. This is a mess, I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality were good is bad, right is wrong, and stupid is smart.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/millions-americans-are-losing-their-health-plans-because-obamacare_764602.html

•  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: amZo on October 24, 2013, 01:38:32 PM
What I find fascinating' is, we have millions of Americans losing the health insurance plans that they can afford and like, but most of these very people are now unable to sign up for their replacement plans due to a typical government works website or it's too expensive. This is a mess, I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality were good is bad, right is wrong, and stupid is smart.

The people in government are not stupid.  You can't please everyone, so they please the ones that they think will have the most positive effect on what's important to them.  That could be power, money, or any number of things.

•  

amZo

Quote from: <3 on October 24, 2013, 01:43:24 PM
The people in government are not stupid.  You can't please everyone, so they please the ones that they think will have the most positive effect on what's important to them.  That could be power, money, or any number of things.

Have you heard Nancy Pelosi? Hank Johnson?

Oh there are a lot of stupid folks at the top of federal government.

The reason this county is becoming more and more divided and citizens are turning on one another is, the government more than ever before is picking winners and losers.

I think the obamacare law and its disastrous implementation is just one example of how incredibly stupid some humans can be. I think voting for a person who has never done anything in their life is another great example.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: amZo on October 24, 2013, 04:06:43 PM

The reason this county is becoming more and more divided and citizens are turning on one another is, the government more than ever before is picking winners and losers.

I think the obamacare law and its disastrous implementation is just one example of how incredibly stupid some humans can be. I think voting for a person who has never done anything in their life is another great example.

Maybe you have a different definition of stupid.

•  

Heather

Quote from: amZo on October 24, 2013, 01:38:32 PM

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/millions-americans-are-losing-their-health-plans-because-obamacare_764602.html
lol I can't argue with you on that assessment of current events.
  •  

TerriT

Quote from: amZo on October 24, 2013, 04:06:43 PM

What do you mean, you don't fear Guam will tip over and capsize? ;)
  •  

Missy~rmdlm

Flimsy claims of "I will pay 3x as much" never actually hold up. Moving on.
  •  

Gina_Z

Flimsy claims of You will pay much less, may never actually hold up. Oh well. It's one big experiment.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: TiffanyT on October 24, 2013, 11:31:58 PM

Hah  :D ;D :laugh: I recall that drug crazed moron congressman pretender saying that, I almost fell through the floor. A sure sign that the end is near!
  •  

amZo

Quote from: TiffanyT on October 24, 2013, 11:31:58 PM

Not so much,  I'm reasonably confident in Guam's buoyancy.  ;)
  •  

amZo

Quote from: Gina_Z on October 25, 2013, 01:10:15 AM
Flimsy claims of You will pay much less, may never actually hold up. Oh well. It's one big experiment.

I hate when big experiments go bad... especially when two gone bad run into one another.............   :icon_suspicious:

•