Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yay! Laser consultation tomorrow! Plus my doctor is awesome!

Started by Thylacin, October 07, 2013, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thylacin

So I recently came out to my doctor and he was super cool and helpful.

I had been talking to him about hair removal and local dermatologists, and he gave me a couple of recommendations. He ended up doing some research and asking around and later emailed me that he had been given a pretty strong recommendation for a local place that does laser that many trans people have had good experiences with!

Their prices seem fair enough, but the big thing is that they sell packages not of 6, but of whatever number of sessions you need to have hair removed, with a guarantee of three years.
So I'm scheduled for a consultation for tomorrow! I'm a little nervous appearing male and going into a hair removal place. This is the first thing I will be doing as far as transitioning goes.
  •  

Jenny07

Sounds like you've made a good start with your doctor.
This will really make things much easier. I was terrified but my doctor was very sympathetic and helpful.

Laser is a great start while you get other things sorted. It's not the sole domain for women as lots of men use the place I go.
Techs are nice and we always have a good chat while zapping.

It feels good taking small steps doesn't it.  :)

Best of luck

J
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Thylacin

Quote from: Jenny07 on October 08, 2013, 03:15:55 AM
Sounds like you've made a good start with your doctor.
This will really make things much easier. I was terrified but my doctor was very sympathetic and helpful.

Laser is a great start while you get other things sorted. It's not the sole domain for women as lots of men use the place I go.
Techs are nice and we always have a good chat while zapping.

It feels good taking small steps doesn't it.  :)

Best of luck

J

It feels great to take small steps :D

I just had a consultation and my first treatment. The pain wasn't too bad, and treatment was quick. I have some red on my face and neck.

Next appointment in 4 weeks!

My first step was coming out to a close friend a couple months ago, then to my therapist, then to my doctor, then another close friend, then to my sister. And now I'm actually taking steps in transitioning! It's crazy awesome how much better I feel about myself and I'm so glad I was able to take that first step in talking to my friend.
  •