Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

California Baptist University Student Domaine Javier Expelled for Being Transgen

Started by Amelia Pond, October 08, 2013, 06:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Pond

California Baptist University Student Domaine Javier Expelled for Being Transgender
Courtney Nunes, October 08, 2013

A student from California Baptist University was recently expelled after the school found out she was transgender. According to university officials, 24-year-old Domaine Javier committed fraud when she listed herself as female on the university application.

The discovery came when school officials saw the student in an April 2011 episode of MTV's documentary series "True Life." In the episode, titled "I'm Passing as Someone I'm Not," Javier reveals her transgender identity to family and friends.

Javier said that she has identified as a female since childhood, and began presenting and living as a woman at age 13.

"I didn't do anything wrong," Javier told the Press-Enterprise of Riverside. "The [administration] said, 'On your application form you put female.' And I was like, 'Yeah, that's how I see myself.'"
  •  

suzifrommd

I hope this gets a lot of buzz.

This really cuts to the heart of everything.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Another shining example by people of faith and "love". That's why I left the church after 47 years. I hope another school see's this and gives her a full ride scholarship. She may never hear about it, but BIG HUG to her.
  •