Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Sleep problems.

Started by Xhianil, October 28, 2013, 04:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xhianil

Another xhi has problems thread, yay...

Anyways, does anyone else just lay awake at nights and when they fall asleep they don't stay so? How do you deal with it? How bad is it?

I'm seriously typing this at 4:00 AM and have to get up in two hours, this (bleep) sucks.
  •  

LordKAT

Often. My doc suggested a sleep study.
  •  

Xhianil

•  

Ginger Maxim

Yes a sleep study is when you go to a sleep clinic and they put electronic nodes all over you to read your sleep patterns and they also video you.
I have been twice and have been record to wake 24 times an hour. Now that doesn't necessarily mean I wake for long periods of time, it's more of a stop breathing and my brain wakes enough to restart the breathing.
So in my case, I am a moderate sleep apnea person, which means I need devices to make sure I breath at night and in turn means that if I don't have the proper device I will never get the proper sleep needed.

Now that doesn't mean that if I get 10 hours of sleep I will be rested, that has nothing to do with it. It means that I don't get the required sleep method. ie: REM dream and sleep quality....

I hope this helps a little, but it sounds like you have more of a insomnia.
Transgender ??? ???
  •  

Natkat

I had abit problems with sleeping, it mainly due to my fear of nightmares and somethimes depression/worries before going to sleep.
I did reseach on dream analysing but also about the what to do and not to do to get a good sleep. it helped on the nightmare and sleep but somethimes I still find it difficult to get to bed and somethimes I dont sleep for 24 hours if its bad.
  •  

Xhianil

I absolutely hate not being able to seek treatment, you guys/girls are lucky.
  •  

big kim

I knock myself out with Nytol and Valerian tablets.I don't feel I've slept unless I get 6 hours minimum
  •  

Lauren5

Same. I fall asleep between 4 and 6, even when taking prescribed clonazepam between 8 and 9, as instructed for bedtime around midnight. The worst part is I still get 8 hours of sleep, so I wake up between noon and 2.
So even with treatment, I still suffer, along with seemingly everything else right now too.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Ltl89

Quote from: Xhianil on October 28, 2013, 04:01:00 AM
Another xhi has problems thread, yay...

Anyways, does anyone else just lay awake at nights and when they fall asleep they don't stay so? How do you deal with it? How bad is it?

I'm seriously typing this at 4:00 AM and have to get up in two hours, this (bleep) sucks.

Why do you think you are having difficulties sleeping?  I can relate with this because I have suffered from horrible insomnia in the past (and still do).  For me, exercising and cardio work outs really did a lot to help improve my sleep problems.  Also, proper dieting and eating habits can do a lot of good.  However, most of my problems came from stress and anxiety.  I still struggle with this and it sucks.  Sometimes I take advil pm and melatonin, but learning to cope with my fears and anxieties has been the most helpful thing.  While I have a very long way to go, I realize that is my main issue and no medication will fix this problem for me. Medication isn't always a bad thing; however, it can mask the root of the problem at times.  So, that's why I'm asking you what seems to be the source of your insomnia.  Perhaps you can do this naturally?  After all, you are fairly young and I would suspect your health has little to do with it (but that is simply an assumption that could be wrong). 
  •  

Michelle123

Could be congested lymph system.  The body will wake you up because it needs to move those fluids.  Try using a rebounder(mini trampoline) for 10 minutes a day.  I bought one at a thrift store for 10 bucks.   Worth the gamble.  If it doesn't work, at least you will get some good exercise.
  •  

Xhianil

Quote from: learningtolive on October 28, 2013, 08:40:50 PM
Why do you think you are having difficulties sleeping?  I can relate with this because I have suffered from horrible insomnia in the past (and still do).  For me, exercising and cardio work outs really did a lot to help improve my sleep problems.  Also, proper dieting and eating habits can do a lot of good.  However, most of my problems came from stress and anxiety.  I still struggle with this and it sucks.  Sometimes I take advil pm and melatonin, but learning to cope with my fears and anxieties has been the most helpful thing.  While I have a very long way to go, I realize that is my main issue and no medication will fix this problem for me. Medication isn't always a bad thing; however, it can mask the root of the problem at times.  So, that's why I'm asking you what seems to be the source of your insomnia.  Perhaps you can do this naturally?  After all, you are fairly young and I would suspect your health has little to do with it (but that is simply an assumption that could be wrong).

Yes i have tons of stress and anxiety, can i fix it? Nope, I'm not in good helth either, i can't eat right and have to push myself each day just to stand. I can't really do anything to help myself, I'm trapped.
  •  

Jamie D

Insomnia does come from stress and anxiety, hon.  They keep me awake many a night.  Learning how to "shut off your mind" is not easy.  Sometimes I feel I have to resort to medications, but I try to avoid them if at all possible.  My first go to is Benadryl - a mild anti-histamine you can get over the counter at any store.  I also have a prescription to a non-addictive sleep aid called Ambien.  When I am greatly anxious, I have a prescription for generic Xanax.

I realize, with the exception of Benadryl, you don't have access to any medical care.  So, you need to resort to some methods of relaxation and calming.

Some of these I have used to great effect:

http://www.wikihow.com/Fall-Asleep

My preferred method is ambient noise ... "white" noise or "brown" noise.  I will run a fan in my bedroom window.  Sometimes I will listen to a YouTube video of rainfall or ocean waves.

Here is one I recommended to a friend just yesterday.  It builds during the first few minutes, the passes by and fades away at the end.

•  

Xhianil

I found a white noise app, but it still took me a hour to pass out when trying all of that stuff that i could, plus if i over use them they will lose effectiveness, if i want sleep then i need to take out the problem, if i do so now then nothing short of running or murder will make a dent in it.
  •