News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Help with electro

Started by annabel82, November 25, 2013, 05:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annabel82

Hi thanks for reading this,

I was hoping for some advice on my electro. I am getting beard removal. In the past I've had about a dozen sessions of laser on my face but it didn't work out too well for me.

Currently my electro person is using an Apilus Cleo, I've just had a google and I've seen there may be a Blend and a different Flash model? If there really are two models (are there two models?) my electro person seems mad on flash I assume they have the flash model.

It looks like this with the picture of the lady on it:

http://www.hofbeauty.co.uk/_images/thumbs/AP093_570x570.jpg

We started on flash but I felt that the flash was riskier for pitting and generally slower to completely kill thicker hair off so I asked to switch to blend.

We currently run it on 10 seconds and 50-55 intensity using a none insulated gold needle.

My issues are thus, and I don't want to seem like I am moaning but I am spending lots and lots of money on this so I want to get it right.

1) Regardless of how much I drink or moisturize the night/morning before we seldom see loads of lye coming out, apparently my electro person can see the lye making the skin bulge but it doesn't come out very much at all.

2) Sometimes I can hear fizzing on some hairs and those hairs seem to come out with very little tugging when tweezing but by and large the tweezing tugs a lot to the point where I can see my skin being pulled toward the tweezers and it basically feels like the hairs are being plucked not released from a successful electro. The tweezing hurts so much more than the electro itself.

3) My electro person seems to always move the needle up and down slightly for almost the entire duration of the 10 seconds zap. When I inquired it was suggested that this was to help the lye move and form but when working with a none insulated needle it seems to me there is no need to move the needle around and the point would be to get the needle right down on the root for the entire 10 seconds?

4) Sometimes when the needle is stuck in me it feels like it's pushing through skin rather than being put down a hole that is already there.

Thanks.
  •  

lexi

hi everyone ,
                    i also can use some help on opinions with hair remover . i been looking on line for a good machine for decent price . after all my searching i came up with home electrolysis roller by sharper image . it has very high reviews & its only a hundred dollars . it says its good for the face & all other areas & no parts need replacements .
i was wondering if anyone has any opinions on it because its a personal thing there is no returns on it .
thanks everyone
  lexis
:angel:hi everyone my name is lexis & im new to susans place . im seven months on my hrt & i feel great but also scared at the same time . id like to meet people that have gone through the transition & learn of there experience . i dont know anyone around my area and there is no place close by to meet anyone .
please feel free to leave me a message
i love to hear from everyone even if its a qu
  •  

Robin Mack

I can't answer everything here (hoping one of the other ladies can help!) but I have done a lot of research and am working with an electrolycist myself, so maybe I can help answer some of these...

Quote from: annabel82 on November 25, 2013, 05:48:55 PM

1) Regardless of how much I drink or moisturize the night/morning before we seldom see loads of lye coming out, apparently my electro person can see the lye making the skin bulge but it doesn't come out very much at all.
This is almost undoubtedly a good thing.  The lye is needed to kill the follicle.  If too much is produced and comes out onto the skin, skin irritation will be the result.  Lye is extremely caustic and will burn tissue and even cause scarring.  Best to keep it where it is needed. :)
2) Sometimes I can hear fizzing on some hairs and those hairs seem to come out with very little tugging when tweezing but by and large the tweezing tugs a lot to the point where I can see my skin being pulled toward the tweezers and it basically feels like the hairs are being plucked not released from a successful electro. The tweezing hurts so much more than the electro itself.
This often happens when the follicle is curved, so the needle is unable to reach the base of it directly.  Over time (more than one session, generally) these can be killed, but because it is indirect there will most likely need to be more than one treatment for this kind of follicle.
3) My electro person seems to always move the needle up and down slightly for almost the entire duration of the 10 seconds zap. When I inquired it was suggested that this was to help the lye move and form but when working with a none insulated needle it seems to me there is no need to move the needle around and the point would be to get the needle right down on the root for the entire 10 seconds?
You've got me on this one... mine uses galvanic with fifteen needles at once.  The zaps are longer, but possibly lower in intensity.  Still, the needle, once seated, stays in place during my treatments, anyway.
4) Sometimes when the needle is stuck in me it feels like it's pushing through skin rather than being put down a hole that is already there.
This seems to be fairly common, and can be related to curved follicles that are being forced to straighten by the straight needle, and also can be caused by nerves located very close to the follicle itself.

Hope I was able to be of some help to you... I'm sure others will have more input. :)
  •  

Robin Mack

Quote from: lexi on November 27, 2013, 02:05:10 PM

hi everyone ,
                    i also can use some help on opinions with hair remover . i been looking on line for a good machine for decent price . after all my searching i came up with home electrolysis roller by sharper image . it has very high reviews & its only a hundred dollars . it says its good for the face & all other areas & no parts need replacements .
i was wondering if anyone has any opinions on it because its a personal thing there is no returns on it .
thanks everyone
  lexis

After looking at the product, I feel it is likely snake oil.  There have been a lot of experiments with surface conduction for hair removal, but every bit of serious research I have seen indicates that in order to be successful current must be applied to the root of the follicle.  At least, in order to permanently remove the hair.  If you want to go the do-it-yourself route, I suggest you check out the hair removal section of this site and look at people's experiences with home units.

*hug* 
  •  

Zumbagirl

Hi I did nearly all blend on my face and although it took a long time, here I am 15 years later and yet to put a razor to my face. Each hair was roughly about 10 seconds or ,e as well. One thing I learned from doing a ton of electrolysis was how it works. Blend is extremely effective but it's still not 100%. If a hair is not in the right growth phase I to regrowth but it was obviously much less.

I even did my armpits as well so in the summer I don't even need a razor, just shower, throw myself together and out the door I go :)

After my face was done I did dermabrasion on my face with a plastic surgeon. A few facials and the right soap and all the pores closed up nicely for that soft smooth feminine facial skin.

I know I remember hearing that sizzling sound when the probe was in my skin. I am pretty sure that it was a very moist pore. I also remember that some of the hairs I had on my chin were all twisted and crooked and some of them required 2 or 3 zaps to kill, but it worked very well. It was nice having those nasty hairs gone.

I did all of my electrolysis with no prep to my skin but lots of water for moisture, no emla cream. I just smiled and let them zap away. Every hair that disappeared forever made me happy :)
  •