Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How tall are you?

Started by Thundra, July 03, 2007, 05:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the ladies, how tall are you without any footwear

under 5 feet
2 (0.5%)
5 ft to under 5'2"
8 (1.8%)
5'2" to under 5'4"
29 (6.6%)
5'4" to under 5'6"
43 (9.8%)
5'6" to under 5'8"
78 (17.7%)
5'8" to under 5'10"
90 (20.4%)
5'10" to under 6 feet
79 (17.9%)
6 feet to under 6'2"
69 (15.6%)
6'2" to under 6'4"
29 (6.6%)
6'4" to under 6'6"
10 (2.3%)
over 6'6"
4 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Thundra

I thought that it might be interesting to see how this forum measures up to the population as a whole. Women's turn first. Don't worry, it's anonymous!
  •  

Cindi Jones

5' 10" here (or maybe a little taller or shorter since I haven't measured myself in 20 years).

But yes I am tall and have a large frame. 

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

rhonda13000

•  

MeghanAndrews

•  

Kate

6'2"

I'm not thrilled that I'm "winning" this poll, lol...

But ya know, the really odd thing is I'm *less* self-conscious about my height now, as a girl, than I was as a guy.

Strange...

~Kate~
  •  

Buffy

•  

Thundra

It's not how tall you are.

It's how you carry it that matters.

Don't be frumpy, be statuesque.

Think Sigourney Weaver.
  •  

MeganRose

I guess I beat you Kate, I measure up at about 6' 5 1/2".

I'm tall, I'm sexy, and I challenge the world to deal with it because I already have :).

Megan
  •  

Hazumu

5'9" - same as Buffy.

#14 (14T, when I can find it) on top, plus or minus 2

#10T +/-2 on bottom.

I wish I was more average proportioned -- I see so many things I want to wear, but the hem would be higher than I like, and it doesn't come in Talls...

Karen
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: MeganRose on July 03, 2007, 09:55:34 PM
I guess I beat you Kate, I measure up at about 6' 5 1/2".

I'm tall, I'm sexy, and I challenge the world to deal with it because I already have :).

Megan

You know, I love that photograph of you, Megan.

You are so pretty. You have very good reason to exude confidence.  :)
  •  

asiangurliee

•  

NatalieC

Im 6' 4" and I like being taller than most people it makes me feel more superior than them. I wish the council would trim those tree branches that keep getting in my way on the side walk though! You trees think your so good getting in my way all the time. Just because your taller than me doesnt mean your better than I am does it?
  •  

katia

•  

Fer

The laws of God, the laws of man, He may keep that will and can; Not I. Let God and man decree Laws for themselves and not for me; And if my ways are not as theirs Let them mind their own affairs. - A. E. Housman
  •  

Keira

I'm less than 1/2 an inch away from 6 foot (1.82m), so I often say 6 foot, but I'm closer to 5.11 1/2.

The funny thing is that how "tall" you feel, not are, depends more on where you live.

A 6 foot 1 woman in Holland still has 1% of women taller than her.
In Montreal, a 5 foot 10 women has 1% of women taller than her!!!!
Quebec women are on average only 5 foot 4 tall (taller for younger women, but less for older ones).
So, if I'd move to Holland, I'd be quite average, but not here. At 6 foot, there's probably only 1 women in a 5000 who is as tall or taller than me. In one year, I've never seen ANY!!!

•  

Nero

wow. It's kind of odd that 5'6 to under 5'8 has the most votes. That's considered quite short for a genetic male. I would've assumed most ladies here would be in the 5'11 - 6'0 range.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

katia

Quote from: Nero on July 05, 2007, 10:19:09 PM
wow. It's kind of odd that 5'6 to under 5'8 has the most votes. That's considered quite short for a genetic male. I would've assumed most ladies here would be in the 5'11 - 6'0 range.

did i ever mention i was a "genetic male"? ;)
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Katia on July 05, 2007, 10:35:18 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 05, 2007, 10:19:09 PM

did i ever mention i was a "genetic male"? ;)
lol I'm just wondering if MtFs tend to be shorter than the general genetic male population.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Suzy

Quote from: Tink on July 03, 2007, 08:26:10 PM
I'm 5' 7"

I always knew we were twins separated at birth!

Kristi
  •