Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Hedgehog appreciation thread! ^-^

Started by ♥︎ SarahD ♥︎, November 29, 2013, 09:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥︎ SarahD ♥︎

Title says it all! ;D I seriously can't be the only person on the planet who looks past the spikes and thinks that hedgehogs are the most *ADORABLE* creatures *EVER*, can I?  Or maybe I'm just crazy lol :P

Either way, I wanted to start a thread in dedication to these oft-overlooked creatures.  I always make sure I look out for these guys when they come to my garden, especially in Autumn when they're getting ready to hibernate.  Wherever I've lived I've always done my best to raise awareness of them, especially around Bonfire night because people often forget to check whether or not any of these poor little things are sleeping in the pile of leaves / dead wood etc they plan to burn  :'(

Maybe it's because they're such lonely creatures that no one seems to care about, or maybe it was my love of Sonic when I was a kid.  Whatever it is I love hedgehogs to bits!   If any of you wonderful people feel the same, post some adorable hedgehog pics! :D

:D
*Hugs*
"You never find the path to your true self, but rather - you find your true self along the path"
  •  

Devlyn

Congratulations, you just won the Make Devlyn Smile contest! Your prize is on the way.  Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

♥︎ SarahD ♥︎

*claps excitedly* yay!! ;D  I knew I couldn't be the only one! *hugs* ;D and lol Devlyn I'm glad I made you smile hunni! :D <333

I really wish I'd found time to build a hedgehog shelter this year for our two regulars but things have been a bit too crazy and busy :( we're 90% sure they're safely tucked away in next door's garden though and she's an animal lover too so they should be alright :)  Hopefully I'll find time next Spring / Summer ready for next year :D

If anyone is interested, I can post links to a couple of good tutorials for building DIY shelters?  Or am I just being super geeky now? :D
*Hugs*
"You never find the path to your true self, but rather - you find your true self along the path"
  •  

DriftingCrow

I love hedgehogs as well. I had two when I was younger. :)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

big kim

I love them and used to watch them at twilight,I used to put a bowl of hedgehog food out and watch them come out to eat it.
  •  

Shards

Hedgehogs have a special place in my heart (and I don't mind the prickles).
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Yeah, Hedgehogs are cool. But I prefer porcupines.
  •  

maximusloverus

Oh how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying
  •  

Sharon Lynn

Oh they're so CUTE!!!!!  I want one!!!! 

(cant believe I'm saying that.  Four months ago I would have seen them as dressed-up versions of species Erinaceinae )
  •  

Sharon Lynn

Wife says they are cute and no, I can't have one :(

Time to pull out the big guns... I'll show them to the kids now MWAHAHAHAHA  >:-)
  •  

Jenny07

What about me!

They used to come into our back yard back home. Nice and cute, about the size of a cat.
Them and the
Possums
Kangaroos
Wallabies
Goannas
Snakes, lots of them

Echidnas from OZ
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Emo

•  

Jill F

Turbo squee!!!

(This is your brain on estrogen.  More please!)
  •  

Jayne

I lurve Hedgehogs, the way they shuffle & the way they snuffle, awwww sooo cute.

I saw a picture in a newspaper a few years ago of a miniture breed of Hedgehog, they're so small they fit in an egg cup, i've just done a search & they are African Pygmy Hedgehogs
Unfortunately i'm using an Xbox to post this so can't post links or cute pictures otherwise i'd put up loads & loads of pictures of these tiny bundles of cuteness
  •  

Crackpot

I have to gush for a little bit. :P This was our baby Cashew. He was the sweetest little bean ever. I bought him for my wife when we first started dating and she treated him like a baby. Just look at those little teeths! I worked at a vet at the time and one of the doctors even commented on how he was the friendliest Hedgie she'd ever met. Sadly he passed away a few years ago from a disorder called Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome. The saddest disease with the cutest name.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I can't see your pic, but I LOVE that avatar.

Ah, there it is.

Awww, that is awful about your pet.

I would always be ultra depressed when we would lose one of our furry friends.
  •  

Crackpot

Thanks. I love all the weird little memes you can find on the internet :P
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I've made a few Portia Porcupine memes. She's my hero. :D :D
  •