Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A Buddhist Path To Overcoming "Loneliness"

Started by Anatta, November 30, 2013, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora Diligent, Dharma, Devotees, (And the non Buddhists who happen to find themselves here)

Well Loneliness is an issue for many people, and some trans-people seem to bear the brunt of full blown loneliness...

So here 's a YouTube Dharma discourse on Loneliness by Ajahn Brahm (a follower of Theravada Buddhism) He's pretty laidback, funny and very LGBTQI-friendly...

May you all be happy  :)

Metta Zenda :)

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

SlateRDays

Thank you for sharing this wonderful video. I've been studying, practicing and integrating Buddhism into everyday life "official" since last year. Most of what was talked about I knew when I was a very very young child. But then a profound sadness came up from me, because the "experiences" I had to endure and learn from ended up having unlearn everything just to survive. Now I'm on the path to relearning it. And even though I'm not too attatched to the process as I once was, allowing myself a moment of raw honesty, I feel I have to waste the rest of my life reclaiming what I came into this world with. The intuitiveness, the raw happiness, the loyalty and forgiveness and the hope I gave many in my youngest years before things became aware. I sometimes have deep intimate moments where I must cry because of this. Then I make it through and continue practicing. I want to definitely be fully  enlightened and reach the point where my own buddha nature shines through, because I really do not want to come back to this life again to suffer in such ways that I have. I bring kindness, empathy, and understanding, and laughter to my world these days. I slowly getting back to the way I once was. I continue to work gently, but dilligently to make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for sharing. Be safe, and in good health.
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: SlateRDays on December 02, 2013, 07:53:47 PM
Thank you for sharing this wonderful video. I've been studying, practicing and integrating Buddhism into everyday life "official" since last year. Most of what was talked about I knew when I was a very very young child. But then a profound sadness came up from me, because the "experiences" I had to endure and learn from ended up having unlearn everything just to survive. Now I'm on the path to relearning it. And even though I'm not too attatched to the process as I once was, allowing myself a moment of raw honesty, I feel I have to waste the rest of my life reclaiming what I came into this world with. The intuitiveness, the raw happiness, the loyalty and forgiveness and the hope I gave many in my youngest years before things became aware. I sometimes have deep intimate moments where I must cry because of this. Then I make it through and continue practicing. I want to definitely be fully  enlightened and reach the point where my own buddha nature shines through, because I really do not want to come back to this life again to suffer in such ways that I have. I bring kindness, empathy, and understanding, and laughter to my world these days. I slowly getting back to the way I once was. I continue to work gently, but dilligently to make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for sharing. Be safe, and in good health.

Kia Ora SlateRDays,

You're welcome...And thank you...

Explore the feelings that create a sense of loneliness and seek out who or what is it that's lonely...

"One is simply ones experience.Ones ego is the abstraction from these experiences.Ones ego should be viewed as a convenient analytic device !" 

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Sandra M. Lopes

Quote from: Anatta"One is simply ones experience.Ones ego is the abstraction from these experiences.Ones ego should be viewed as a convenient analytic device !"

Wow, that's a fantastic quote! Are these your own words, Zenda? I think they describe exactly what "ego" means!
Don't judge, and you won't be judged.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Sandra M. Lopes on December 11, 2013, 05:18:10 PM
Wow, that's a fantastic quote! Are these your own words, Zenda? I think they describe exactly what "ego" means!

Kia Ora Sandra,

Yes it does hit the spot, but no they're not my own words, I came across the quote somewhere along the path, it resonated within and found a home of understanding...

You might find this one of interest : "It's not so much that we have a 'self', it's that we do 'self-ing'. The self has no inherent, unconditional absolute existence apart from the network of causes it arises from, in,and as !"

I found life became a lot easier when "I" learnt to stop worrying about my  'self'   ;D

"I" know "you" have the same 'experience/level of understanding as "I" ...

•