Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

do you like wearing a bra

Started by evecrook, December 04, 2013, 02:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina

I love wearing one as well. I find it kind of fun to mix the proper bra with the outfit I plan to wear that day.
- Sabrina

•  

michelle

I really don't own any exclusively male clothing except for shoes because of my size 13 size foot on my 5'6" tall body.  Anymore it's even hard to buy male's shoes because somewhere it got out that size 11 is the largest size for the male foot.   All of my clothes are my clothes bought by me, and wearing them has become normal for me.   I am rather plain and I am sexually shy so I have never dressed in a manner that says I am available, which I am not because I have been in an undefined relationship with another person for the past almost 13 years, but this has never been part of my personality.  I do like to dress in brighter colors because dark colors depress me.   Which is to say at some point in time,  I have accepted that I am a female, so it's not a big deal to dress as one, because that is who I am.    For me, sex just happens, but mostly doesn't, and when it does what happens, happens, so I don't dress as a sexual person, and my clothing reflects this.    My manner of dress is undeniably female, and no one can miss this fact.
Be true to yourself.  The future will reveal itself in its own due time.    Find the calm at the heart of the storm.    I own my womanhood.

I am a 69-year-old transsexual school teacher grandma & lady.   Ethnically I am half Irish  and half Scandinavian.   I can be a real bitch or quite loving and caring.  I have never taken any hormones or had surgery, I am out 24/7/365.
  •  

Handy

Ugh, I HATE wearing a bra, if solely for the fact that I'm a profoundly lazy person and it sucks to have to put another piece of clothing on. It's just too damn uncomfortable to NOT wear it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have my boobies, but the bra is a chore for me.
On HRT 2 years - Full time 1/7/14
EE-Comp Engineering Student and Cartoon Lover
  •  

ImagineKate

I do need a professional fitting but I want to let the hormones do their work first. Right now I wear 36A but the band feels loose-ish. The cup size is a little tight though, but I'm not *quite* a B yet. Probably not for a few months at least.

So I might try a 34A and see how that feels.

Online calculators are all over the place, anything from 40D to 34C, which is obviously wrong.
  •  

Leila

Quote from: ImagineKate on January 03, 2015, 04:21:50 PM
I do need a professional fitting but I want to let the hormones do their work first. Right now I wear 36A but the band feels loose-ish. The cup size is a little tight though, but I'm not *quite* a B yet. Probably not for a few months at least.

So I might try a 34A and see how that feels.

If the band size is too small and the cup size is about right in a 36A, then you are probably already a B cup in a 34 band ie 34B. Only way to know for sure is to try a selection of 34B bras and see how they compare. If necessary go up or down a cup size and see which fits best.

On line calculators will at best give you a guess.
Nobody's perfect ...   I'll never try,
But I promise I'm worth it, if you just open up your eyes,
I don't need a second chance, I need a friend,
Someone who's gonna stand by me right there till the end,
If you want the best of my heart, you've just gotta see the good in me.
  •  

GingerMaxim

I prefer braless, because I love looking at them and most certainly love feeling and playing with them.
  •  

MyKa

its not liking or disliking them, now its more of a necessity now. sports bra's are a must when I work out need the support. up until may sports bra's were all I wore till I was properly fitted which was the best thing ever, it opened up a whole world for me. love the way the push ups look and how comfy t shirt bras feel madienform are prob my favorite. macys has good deals on them if you catch them at the right time. this sumer im having ba going from c to dd and guess i'll have to ditch all my stuff, maybe I can donate stuff's not cheap.
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.....J.Dean
  •  

zog

My plan was to not wear them at all once I could shed my prosthetic boobs (which obviously would've fallen to the floor without any). Not that I don't like them, I'm completely indifferent about them. I just don't think it's a necessarily necessary piece of clothing and I always had thought that had I been born a ciswoman, I'd totally had gone without. But my plans were quickly subverted by sheer unpleasantness and discomfort that came surprisingly quickly after going on hormones. Gravity is a thing and they've grown really fast and are extremely tender. Once I had to walk a couple of miles holding them with my hands for support, I decided it was time to ditch this plan and get a bra. Now I wear them unless I'm just hanging out at home, because just walking makes them bounce and bouncing causes later unpleasantness.

Maybe once they settle I can reapply my non-bra plans, but we'll see. If it doesn't work out, I'm not going to be bothered about it.
  •  

mellynn88

I don't mind wearing them for the most part, especially now since I'm starting to fit into them better and its pretty much a necessity.  I will say though I do not necessarily like having to wear a sports bra while I'm out running in the warmer months.  Unfortunately though this is something I really can't avoid since being running without that support is very uncomfortable.
  •  

ManndyTG

I am a full 36d (implants) and don't mind wearing a bra at all. It was a challenge getting used to having to wear one each day, as I need the support, and now after 8 years, wearing a bra is a second thought. I have learned to avoid lace on hot days, found the value of a good sports bra and it is great to have so many chpices in bra styles that can give such varried fit and form. I have recently become a 'big' fan of coobie bras.

•  

Stephanie2

Since bras, like boobs, are a symbol of womanhood, probably wouldn't hurt to wear one once in a while.
  •  

Zoetrope

In a word - no.

Next question! :~D
  •  

katrinaw

Love wearing them, kinda helps add shape and form. However in line with general comment I love the freedom when off.

But I must also admit, the feeling of no bra's under my summer dresses is totally cool (temp and freedom wise  ;) )

L Katy  :-*
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Michelle G

I have matching bra, cami and panty sets in all different colors and styles and I love color coordinating with my outfits everyday :)

So much fun being a girl!!
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Samantha6string

Only in the early months of hrt, I don't wear one often but I definitely feel a bit safer from knocking myself in the chest wearing one. I've learnt fairly quickly how much it hurts.
  •  

Stephanie2

The Glamorise G-1166 sports bra looks promising. Someone from another website likes hers, so as soon as I know which of my measurements is more accurate (40C or 40D) according to the bra calculator online, I may decide to get it. It is rather pricey, but if I grow out of it within a few months, then it is a waste.
  •  

Assoluta

I used to when I started transitioning, but then I realised I could do fine without it (I don't exactly have DDs!), so I haven't worn one regularly for years, and feel all the better for it. The only time I wear a bra is if I wear a dress or blouse that is slightly see through.
It takes balls to go through SRS!

My singing and music channel - Visit pwetty pwease!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kibouo?feature=mhee
  •  

DrummerGirl

I absolutely love wearing bras.  A while back, I was contemplating why I enjoy it so much and the reason I came up with kind of surprised me.  In every relationship I've ever had, I was the big spoon by default, but the handful of times I've been able to be the little spoon, I was in heaven.  I like to wear my bras a little tight so it simulates that feeling and I feel safe.  I am totally a little spoon kind of girl.  So the first time I got the fit just right, I lay down on my bed, felt incredibly safe, and instantly fell asleep.  I suffer from insomnia, so this was a big deal.  They just feel really natural to me, but I'm assuming that a large part of that feeling is because I'm lucky that I found the right styles and sizes that are comfortable.

•  

stephaniec

•  

MarissaJ

Yes, yes, yes ,yes. Wearing one of my bras gives me wonderful relief from my gender dysphoria. It's like getting a continuous hug...
I'm not really a boy, I just play one on TV.

•